I recognise that reference!

I recognise that reference!
*claps*

Attached: ulysses-james-joyce-first-edition-1922-3.jpg (1000x800, 83K)

It’s more than that bruv

explain

They referenced me!
*claps*

Attached: 220px-Alexander_Pope_by_Michael_Dahl.jpg (220x273, 9K)

Ulysses more like useless

I got that fart joke
*claps Jimmy Fallon style*

*eats a ant*
*stands on hind legs*

Attached: 156700190803423.jpg (700x425, 93K)

HAHA LIKE IN THE GREEK MYTHS LMAO

>tfw I'm coming more and more to the conclusion that Joyce peaked with Dubliners and steadily got worse

The experimentation and the references are CLEVER, and they prove he's SMART, but do they actually make Portrait and Ulysses any GOOD? I honestly am starting to think they do not.

Attached: nsr.gif (316x213, 1.9M)

What a joke this board has become

Portrait goes into philosophy of aesthetics and the formation of an artist though, it’s not just references

Yeah, which is why I think Portrait is better than Ulysses but worse than Dubliners, and that, overall, Joyce follows a downward trajectory in terms of the quality of his work. And of course he hits his absolute nadir with Finnegans Wake. I want to strangle every dumb cunt on this board who tells me that it's incomprehensible "on purpose."

That's quite enough for me.

I love this book haha. Haha I can open it to any page and read delectable prose without any context or even knowing the references haha. Literally I never even read the Odyssey haha or understand a lot about Greek mythology but Joyce still manages to write something that's super fun to read haha. That bit about Bloom being paraded around the streets had me in stitches lol, for example. Ulysses is a great book. I would never recommend it haha, not to someone irl, but it is a really, really great book.

Max pseud book

Max pseud post

what makes something good?

using allcaps for emphasis doesn't make you Pound

>VALIDATE ME VALIDATE ME PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME I'M SMART. LOOK LOOK I READ THE BOOK YOU TOLD ME TO READ PLEASE VALIDATE ME
You're a joke.

there is no italics option on this site

Is it possible, that Joyce pulled the same type of shenanigans that, say, Lou Reed did for the album Metal Machine Music? Not sure what made me think of this, but seems fitting.

No appreciation for aesthetics. YouTube video essays have turned art into nothing more than puzzle boxes for these people.

Literally skip chapters 9 and 14

Nausicaa be like

Attached: 14CC80F9-D0FD-4C1A-898C-47BD0E72A95B.png (299x168, 55K)