Hobbies that go well with the literary life

>Hobbies that go well with the literary life

Attached: home-family-diy-sealed-bottle-garden.jpg (3000x2000, 1.56M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/SerpaDesign
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do you watch the Youtube channel SerpaDesign?
youtube.com/user/SerpaDesign
He seems to be a very cool dude into terrariums like you.

>Do you watch the Youtube channel SerpaDesign?

First I hear of it. Thanks for the link.

Walk on parks, sight seeing and heavy drug usage

Continental travel. Going to coffee shops.

Attached: EBJVRyJW4AATkqJ.jpg (973x1200, 221K)

On weekends I like to shut myself up in my room and take Ritalin and drink scotch and pace in circles book-in-hand and read and write all day.

Carpentry, masonry, sculpting, painting, drawing, cooking, teaching; anything that you can employ your literary learnings practically towards, otherwise you’re just wasting your time on knowledge you never needed.

growing weed , mushrooms, poppies & san pedro.
also join a book club or take a writing class , maybe you'll find others interested in forming a workshop group

these.
You guys gotta get yourselves a pet that doesn’t love and is more like pure instinct like a Tarantula or a lizard too. Not much different from raising a plant except you get to watch it stalk and kill its prey

Sailing

Attached: 1.jpg (684x794, 83K)

Walking and hiking is the hobby of champions.

Hunting, fishing, gardening too

These and swimming too

Sodomy

How about reading?

It makes me sad how performative this board is. Nobody actually likes reading here, they're just wrong generation retards who want to mimic bohemian instead of white picket fence.

>mimic bohemian instead of white picket fence.
as if you've got all things figured out
fuck off

What are you performing as, an asshole?

smoking cigarettes, drinking black coffee and criticising other people

Literally any hobby will be part of the 'literary life' if you actually read and write, pseud. There's only two hobbies that makes your life literary and that's writing and reading.

NEETzsche holed himself up alone in his room for most of his writing career, Sartre spent his days at cafes constantly conversing with strangers. Hemingway hung out on battlefields and Wilde hung out at bourgeois mansions and Thompson hung out at biker bars.
Who had a more 'literary' life, poser?

That being said, fake it til you make it. There are a lot of great worthwhile hobbies posted here and one or another is bound to get the juices (and ink) flowing. If larping as Burroughs gets you in the mindset to write, cool. Just remember that the only difference between him and the common junkie was that he produced a book.

Camping

Kino

>NEETzsche holed himself up alone in his room for most of his writing career,
He climbed mountains for most of the day wtf are you talking about. Wilde boxed until he started fucking Queensbury's son.

I like reading and writing

Also; collecting rare bourbons, shooting guns. Hunter s Thompson approved

Glad I struck a nerve.
Good man.

His mountain hiking period was a very specific moment of his life, in which he did nothing but walk around thinking about his writing and then come home and put it on paper.

Sit in a Café and stare at the butt of a passing girl which is way too young for you while you smoke. Only works in Europe and Latin America.

Attached: image-1342355-galleryV9mobile-tnnw-1342355.jpg (480x319, 15K)

having sex

Attached: 1566139810758.jpg (2048x1878, 102K)

>very specific moment of his life,
It wasn't, and the most famous things he wrote are full of mountain climbing and terms from mountain climbing (Ubermensch for one). You went full retard.

Music and language learning are the most obvious (Joycemode)

Depending on the kind of writing you do, nature hobbies can also be very useful, especially for a poet

Imo, if you want to do any kind of philosophy, weightlifting is an incredible complement to that.

Other than that probably just effay hobbies, since "the literary lifestyle" is mostly an aesthetic with not much to do with actual writing or even reading for that matter

Writting

Living like the drug dealer from Pulp Fiction, I bet he had a fuck ton of copies Infinite Jest and Ulysses

Attached: FA813840-6060-417F-A631-8D27838F51BA.jpg (873x442, 47K)

so.. drug dealing? sounds like more of a profession user

Staring at preteen girls in modern art musea.

Attached: 64480814_542869249874296_3066677374570463232_o.jpg (926x2040, 126K)

Crack.

I have no hobby. Not that I am the kind of workaholic, who is incapable of doing anything with his time but applying himself industriously to the required task. But, as far as my activities beyond the bounds of my recognised profession are concerned, I take them all, without exception, very seriously. So much so, that I should be horrified by the very idea that they had anything todo with hobbies – preoccupations with which I had become mindlessly infatuated merely in order to kill the time – had I not become hardened by experience to such examples of this now widespread, barbarous mentality. Making music, listening to music, reading with all my attention, these activities are part and parcel of my life; to call them hobbies would make a mockery of them.

sneed's seed and feed

Having a family. Reading Nietzsche to my son and daughter until they fall asleep is peak comfy.