Why no one talks about this genius ? He was a living black pill

Why no one talks about this genius ? He was a living black pill.

Attached: 250px-Baudelaire_crop.jpg (250x333, 25K)

All of the English translations of Baudelaire seem to lose something important. I think it's an issue of translation French into English, and I read there are similar problems with Rimbaud. Anyways, I'm not a linguist, so I can't go more in-depth.

>translation
translating*

Same with Russian. Poetry is notoriously hard to translate

>Symbolist poetry
Miss me with that gay shit

>>Symbolist poetry
>Miss me with that gay shit

>translation
translating*

This stuff, obviously. Plus, he borrowed a lot of money to fund alcohol/drug addiction. Misogynist. Poetry I feel has to be read in it's native language.

You should read his art articles, that's really high level lit.

literally everyone talks about baudelaire

Il était melliflue, au contraire.

I was thinking about creating a thread to ask precisely about Baudelaire, is anyone aware of a good bilingual edition with a good translation?

just learn french bro

OWC has a bilingual edition of Les Fleurs du mal.

Les Fleurs du mal is a blast of a reading. I have a volume with a really good translation, like the best one you can ask, because it was made by some writers which were inspired by Baudelaire.

>Try reading Les Fleurs du Mal
>Half of it is just about how he wants to fuck some black woman
Wow

It's about degeneracy, after all.

Russian translations of Baudelaire are decent, though.

>other half about redheads

I don't really enjoy French Decadence or Surrealism. I read it out of a sense of obligation, not enjoyment.

>genius
>He was a living black pill
These are mutually exclusive

Wow he really captures the spirit of Yea Forums

>he thinks black means African
Pleb

>Jeanne Duval (c. 1820 – c. 1862) was a Haitian-born actress and dancer of mixed French and black African ancestry.

Always liked this quote by him:

>One should always be drunk. That's all that matters; that's our one imperative need. So as not to feel Time's horrible burden that breaks your shoulders and bows you down, you must get drunk without ceasing.

>But what with? With wine, with poetry, or with virtue, as you choose. But get drunk.

>And if, at some time, on the steps of a palace, in the green grass of a ditch, in the bleak solitude of your room, you are waking up when drunkenness has already abated, ask the wind, the wave, a star, the clock, all that which flees, all that which groans, all that which rolls, all that which sings, all that which speaks, ask them what time it is; and the wind, the wave, the star, the bird, the clock will reply: 'It is time to get drunk! So that you may not be the martyred slaves of Time, get drunk; get drunk, and never pause for rest! With wine, with poetry, or with virtue, as you choose!