Let's say someone finds the concept and the reality of having a job worse than being homeless and eating out of bins

Let's say someone finds the concept and the reality of having a job worse than being homeless and eating out of bins.

Is that person strong for thinking this or weak for being unable to handle what everyone else around them can handle?

Attached: 130221984383.jpg (600x578, 72K)

>weak
>strong

define those concepts first.

Probably weak, since he is unable to overcome his lazyness and strive for power.
Although it would largely depend on the job and if that job is truly a piece of shit that you dont feel like learning anything, growing, and just wasting energy on dumb, dead end labour.
That being, if you can live off being a neet.

>strong
Will to power, triumph of the will.
>weak
Will to servitude, death and life denying. Seeing life as suffering.

>unable to overcome his lazyness and strive for power.

But isn't it striving for power is not having a job is what you really want?

having a job doesn't empowers you.
Actually makes you a servant.

>overcome his lazyness
It's not laziness. In this hypothetical the person fundamentally disagrees with the concept of jobs.

He's not averse to work or hard work, just jobs.

>power
nice spook

I started a tech job today and it's hell already.
Anyone who works a job for 30+ years is much stronger and deserving of admiration than some bohemian """"creative"""""" who does nothing but create fantasies. Work feeds the world.

>He's not averse to work or hard work, just jobs
As in wage labor? That's a necessity at this point. Might be different in the future.

That person is weak in either case because he makes either decision based on a hedonistic calculus of some sort.
But pleasure and pain do not factor in when one must do what must be done. Strength comes from acting upon higher principles that go beyond mere comfort/pleasure and direct man towards what is good and eternal.

Attached: 5-Famous-Heroes-from-Greek-Mythology.jpg (483x725, 50K)

>That's a necessity at this point
No it's not. Nothing is stopping you from walking into the woods and living as nature intended. Don't make excuses saying "it's a necessity" when it's not even close.

Tell that to the CEOs or high status people that have more life options that you. And can freely manifest and dominate according to their wills
Kinda but thats a very short sighted way of looking at things, in order to have the job you really want you have to sometimes to bear and finally overcome some things.
Ceasar had to spend some time at the command of someone in order for him to gain control. You have to sometimes take a few steps back in order to make a larger jump, even if you fail, what matters is that will doesnt die and the intention to power.

Eh, thats like asking "If i dont like apples, is that strong or weak".
If the person doesnt have a desire for that power, to climb in life and dominate, then so be it, hes doing what he is willing, but in a Nietzschean sort of way its kind of weak willed, its probably a person with will for serviture.

Not really a spook. Im not telling that its a imperative to strive for power, but many of our actions are in the end will to power. Its our will to dominate and expand our prespective over others.
Its like having 2 unspooked people acting on their will, one who is optimistic and strives for power to dominate others and the other is life declining and obeying his will to kill himself
Nietzsche is very compatible and expands a lot more on the philosophy of Stirner.

Really nigger?

You think there's some admirable strength from spending the best years of your life in miserable servitude for enough pennies to feed and house yourself long enough to do it tomorrow?
>J-Just get an education!
And get paid more money to be in miserable servitude? Why? Why do you consider jobs something that "must" be done? As if it's unquestionable. My principles tell me not to be a slave.

>Tell that to the CEOs or high status people that have more life options that you. And can freely manifest and dominate according to their wills
You mean the ones who do nothing but fuck hookers and do drugs? What an admirable life the rich lead...

>CEO
they serve the actual owners of whatever bussiness they work on. Sure they have a better paycheck, but that is. They don't really "dominate", they are dominated by their wills..

Plus even the most powerful CEO is not completely immune from the control of society or his shareholders.

>Nietzsche
lol, pseud retard confirmed

>You mean the people who do what is at their will and can get whatever they want, even if its wicked?
Yes negro, your actions are not worthy of virtue if they are the only things you are capable of doing. Its like a slave bragging to a noble that virtue comes to serve the society and not be luxurious and dominate others like him, when in fact thats the only thing that the slave is capable of doing. Its virtue par excellence. The noble is virtous because he is capable of doing various things, while the slave is forced to do one, and ironically thinks its in that thing that virtue lies.

Even if they have some others in a job rank above or are still in a portion at the mercy of society it doesnt disprove my point. Their instincts to climb up in life, to grow, overcome, to look more powerful than others and own them are ultimatly more life affirming than the one who sees no meaning in it and wants to stay like some idle mofo.

shit mean to reply to in second, not me.

>they are dominated by their wills..
Lmao, do you really think you are some kind of soul trapped in a body at the mercy of your instincts and wills?
All our "rational" actions are derived from our instincts and knowledge that came from our senses, we are more composed of a multitude of wills fighting and banding together, you are ultimately your instincts and wills.

>climb up in life, to grow, overcome, to look more powerful than others and own them

climb up to what? overcome what?

>look more powerful

lmao dicklets.

So you're a larping pseud who thinks fucking hookers and doing drugs is someone "exercising their superior will over others". Jesus christ, go to bed you have school tomorrow.

>Lmao, do you really think you are some kind of soul trapped in a body at the mercy of your instincts and wills?
Do you not, retard?

>you are ultimately your instincts and wills.

so the CEO is just another slave to his instincts and wills. Thanks for addering to my point.

>overcome what?
Really?
A person is on island A and wants to get to Island B, but he is afraid of swimming and cant swim that far, so he trains his swimming skill and fear to overcome his problems to get where he wills to be.

>climb up to what?
>Wow bro, live for what porpuse, why bother do the things that i will to do and my body needs.

No nigga, im not saying that fucking hookers and doing drugs is in itself will to power, or virtous, but rather him having power to do many other things and acting according to his will. Which in this case turns out to be fucking hookers.
Im not telling you that you need to fuck hookers.

Give me any philosophical proof that you have a soul then, philosophy cant prove it and neither does psicology and biology support that.

Read the post till the end. You are those wills and instincts together and fighting eachother.

Also stop this samefagging, and reply all in one post.
Even if you dont agree with my prespective, it doesnt matter, go continue your idleness then, anyone who his noble and high in life is capable of understanding that he needs people to be like you and to collect the shits

>He thinks he has a beautiful Soul inside his body that is his "true self" that has a Will of its own and isnt affected by anything.
Haahhaha

you are out of your depth you comprehend little

How is this thread still up but the materialist reading thread got deleted?

>Wow bro, live for what porpuse, why bother do the things that i will to do and my body needs.

so your body needs to """climb up"""" to unlock the CEO status.

>Also stop this samefagging, and reply all in one post.

I'm not sammefagging.

Now since that island metaphor looks like taken from a cheap self-stem book , and you read Nietzche's will to power as some dumb neoliberal coach, is my will to get out of here.

get a fucking grip this is all fucking fake

you are submitting to be marble to the jewish moderators chisel

this is all fucking fake and scripted and pruned and selected. you're fucking stupid.

It's better to harvest sugar cane on plantation, than hunt zebras in Niarobi. The slave on the plantation lives far more comfy life, but pays with their freedom.

Words like the above were frequent anti-abolitionist rhetoric, and they're certainly true in pragmatic sense. But being a slave also robs you of self-determination, you serve a boss you despise, just to serve a your hedonistic need to live luxuriously. How can you consider being a slave a noble thing, when it's a human slaved to his pleasure to such an extent they're willing to become a tool? What about struggling to accomplish something with no massa controlling it?

slaves do not have the capacity for self determination

they do not have free will, they have no resources to allocate. they are locked up and dried out, a total impasse.

just put them to work and give them some guidance and hope for the best.
slavery can be the greatest charity or the greatest malfeasance.

based schizo user

>Asks cheap questions not worhty of a responce
>Gets mad when someone gives a cheap example
Im in favour of the other user here, he's not saying that you should strive for CEO but there are various manifestations of "Will to power". Like creating new values, owning people in arguements etc, etc.

You dont even give any better examples, just sit like a smug cunt that wants to give the impression he knows better.

>I have audited everything the mods do and it's all very correct and proper, it seems you are imagining things

>trust authority or else you're schizo

one autistic janny curating Yea Forums to his tastes does not a conspiracy make

>Yeah bro, i dont know shit about Nietzsche, but fuck him.
I was refering to climbing up in the career ladder since this thread is about jobs and "Will to power" aka "Strong vs Weak", as the other user said, this isnt a imperative and neither all the forms of "will to power" that there are.
Even this very discussion were you want your prespective to dominate over mine could be categorized as a will to power for example.

>Nothing is stopping you from walking into the woods and living as nature intended.
yes there is, you will get arrested if you try this.
>t. tried it.

Nice argument retard

>everyone stops working and wanders off into the woods
>and that, my child, is how humanity collectively starved to death

What happened?

Good riddance. But there's plenty who'd survive, so what if billions die.

>But there's plenty who'd survive, so what if billions die.
oi, u got a loicense for that edge?

Don't need one guvnor it's within the statutory 3inch length ya see

tried to live in a national park. sometimes i would walk into town, one day a cop pulled over and questioned me and i told him i was just camping. he asked if i was homeless, and said a lot of homeless people try to live in the park and i told him no. he asked me where i was camping and i told him, then he said i can only legally be in the national park for 7 days at a time and if he sees me again he was gonna arrest me. that night i booked it and went to the other side of the park, then got my friend's younger brother to come get me and went back home to my parents. there is literally nowhere you can go and be free except like maybe alaska but fuck that. i should mention i did this with a friend of mine and while i ultimately resigned to my fate as a cuck, he didn't. so i bought him a sailboat and i don't know what the fuck became of him. he said he was gonna go to mexico and be a drug dealer. it was very melancholic because he wanted me to go with him pretty badly. he didn't outright say it, but i could tell. i had bought him this book called "sailing alone around the world" and he actually read it, but whenever he talked about it, he referred to it as "sailing around the world," and left out the "alone." also i told him i kind of wanted to sail to japan, and he was really open to this. the whole thing was that we wanted freedom. we didn't want to be wage slaves, we didn't want to participate in a society that we deemed evil, basically. and i'll admit, we were stupid teenagers, but we weren't entirely wrong. but eventually i came to terms that no matter where we went, there would always be people trying to have power over us, and i also had my /pol/ sentiments and didn't want to just abandon ship, so to speak, i wanted to stay here because it's my home and i'd rather stay and try to fix things instead of running away. my friend didn't see it this way, he just wanted his freedom. there's also the fact that i'm scared as fuck of the ocean. so we parted ways. he went off looking for his freedom, and i stayed behind and soon became catholic.
/blog

my point is, don't act like you aren't forced to participate in society, because you are. and maybe there are places you could hypothetically go to have some "freedom," but these places are so far off at the edges of the earth, that you may as well be dead to everyone who ever cared about you, and the "freedom" you will have is freedom from, not freedom for, which is a lonely, empty, and meaningless freedom. there is only one way to get the life and society we want and it does not involve running away. if you try to run away from it, if you try to carve out your own little slice of freedom and happiness, you're just leaving your brothers behind to fight without you and i doubt you'll even find what you're really looking for anyway.

Attached: 1515791299118.jpg (500x650, 67K)

>Strength comes from acting upon higher principles that go beyond mere comfort/pleasure
Humans only do things out of their own self-interest. It is in your subjective interest to follow "higher principles" and so you derive pleasure from doing such a thing. No matter what, this is what it all boils down to, despite whatever high and lofty language you might try and use to hide the fact.

so?

>"I'm not sammefagging."
>3 posters that all reply in a single burst all at the same time with a few minutes diference
>gets found out
>suddently the samefagging stops

Attached: 1497366544124.png (1334x750, 781K)

Neither, that's just the starting point, their nature. the question is how they act it out.
They are strong if they follow their convictions and become a happy successful hobo.

I personally knew someone like that OP, she had this radical communist ideology that people should be working together to help one out rather then people working for themselves. She found a group of other homeless people who thought just like her, and the last I heard of her was that she was sleeping at some aboninded wearhouse in LA.

It's all relative to the core beliefs of the individual.
If you objectively see being homeless and eating out of bins preferable to a life spent in labor and choose to pursue it, then it is strength for choosing to follow your own vision of happiness over a predefined idea of happiness.
However, if you're simply rationalizing a fear of work by painting it in a negative light and choosing to live in a way that seems easier than doing what you're afraid of, then that is weakness.
The same can be said for a reverse situation where a person is working because they are afraid of what will happen if they choose not to.