IQ of 123

>IQ of 123

Should I just give up on my PhD now?

Attached: thumb_versatile-wojak-43809333.png (300x331, 30K)

Mine is 124, and I’m doing pretty good.

Yes, because I hate midwits.

Depends on your field of study. With an IQ of 120 to 130 and the right set of personality traits you actually have ideal chances to succeed in academia. IQ 130 and up your chances to succeed in academia begin to fall actually.

Attached: 1567198224004.png (741x643, 66K)

Im 125 and still developing, but its a matter of how you train your brain accordingly, the unhealthy life of typical smoking masturbating and too much screen time can hurt one’s brain and turn him to an ignorant while having the needed insight to be a smart individual, big words and so on

Bro, I'm 137 and basically losing my mind; fell into the wageslave trap, can't seem to 'get ahead' in the sense that I'd personally find fulfilling, and I'm pretty much going to give up on everything to live the art life. Sometimes, I really think I personify the cliche of being 'too smart for your own good' - this is not a brag.
You will be fine, user. Show those academics what you're made of. Do it for the Inept.

No
I'm nearly finished my PhD and I've met an ungodly amount of brainlets with both PhDs and professorships. You'll be fine.

No

I’m somewhere between 115 and 130 based on tests from my childhood, but I lose focus in everything like every 7 seconds and have bad ADHD and other shit and I take way too long to do everything and have no ability to plan time or organize my life. I could never do anything higher than the easy bachelors I have already

IQ is the modern zodiac, arbitrary bullshit

>quantifying intelligence
Yeah you should. Lots of data cucks itt

Your personality is way more important than IQ at those levels, and you can take steps to adjust it, but most people with an IQ of 130+ plain refuse to (me included). High IQs esp. in males tend to correlate with low conscientiousness and low agreeableness. These are both important to some degree or another in order to succeed socially (ideally moderate to high conscientiousness and low to moderate agreeableness for the corporate world and high C & high A for academia), but naturally a person which values truth and creativity above all else will be low in both.

Anything above average IQ is sufficent for academia. Genius IQ or higher is actually a hindrance to functioning in most cases, except for the famous outliers, but even those had severe mental illness, alienation, or academic failures in most cases. Commit yourself to integrity rather than genius. Academia suffers from enough overrated public intellectuals coasting on high IQ and charisma anyway.

Genius IQs are significantly underrepresented in academia.

That graph is spurious correlation, you incel

Why do you want a PhD, exactly? I have one, and have no idea what my IQ is.

is the perfect illustration for

Big 5 and IQ are the 2 most solidly researched concepts in all of psychology.

Good luck completing a physics Ph.D. with an IQ of 100.

This actually makes a lot of sense, and seems conducive to my own experiences. I do work on my personality a lot; I tend to fall into bouts of paranoid ideation. But, I try to remain social, and get outside of myself as much as I can. Or, I'd lose my shit.
> a person which values truth and creativity above all else will be low in both
I've always considered myself pretty well balanced in the C/A dichotomy you posited - almost to a fault where I get taken advantage of a lot. Now, I'm almost voluntarily bringing those down a peg to live more honestly, and devote my life to what I think I'm supposed to. Getting a little older as well, so might live a little recklessly while I still can.
Appreciate your post, though. It was very insightful for me.

Why aren't any of the arts ever included in these studies? Academia is a soulless empire of vampires.

Your asking tards on the interwebs for advice so probably not.

This is because geniuses understand that Academia stifles originality and permits only narrow, ideologically driven interpretations. Academia is the enemy of truth and virtue, and those who know this make no effort to support its reign.

I also have ADHD. I have tried meditating recently, which has helped, but also made me aware of how frequently I zone out or loose consciousness. It is too frequent. So frequent, in fact, I feel like an automaton.

> Second highest IQ
> Almost 50-50 gender ratio

I truly have the best major.

You should have given up with high school But since you're here now you might as well fucking try.
Just find a smarter colleague and do everything he tells you to. Some people must resign themselves to be "hired help". That is not to mean It's not a worthwhile position.

>134 IQ
>high GPA but genuine dislike for most academic practices
>all of my friends/acquiantances doing PhDs in non-STEM fields are slowly but consistently turning into close-minded, ideologically obsessed, decadent degenerates
>will probably end up just getting Master's and working in some major lit journal, narrowing down my social circles and avoiding academics for the rest of my life
The horror, the horror

>IQ of 186
>lying comatose face down in a mud puddle with a dick in my butt
>mfw

Attached: T12616_9.jpg (611x730, 52K)

>IQ of 104
OP, you don't know what being too stupid for anything is.

>124 IQ
>more depressed than average people
>not smart enough to ascend

>smoking masturbating and too much screen time
none of these damage your brain.

IQ is to academia what excellent bone structure is to modeling. Is the model with the best bone structure necessarily a good model? It sounds like a stupid comparison, but things really are that superficial in any industry largely based on social capital. Style, action, many other factors mediate success outside of the genetic/environmental gifts of raw beauty or high IQ. Figure out which advantages you DO have and maximize them. Are you diligent? Most high IQ people aren't particularly. Are you more approachable than socially retarded high IQ autists, even marginally? Go out and network better than they do. Your weakness must be turned into your strength.

This is why I left arts. My uni was just a prep school for rich kids. Courses were just memorizing the fashionable opinions that would distinguish them from the lower classes.

No, it's just the right IQ for PhD, some midwits think you have to be a genius to get a PhD, but Geniuses are in fart NEETs.