Where do writers congregate, Yea Forums? There are no symposiums or anything of the sort in my town...

Where do writers congregate, Yea Forums? There are no symposiums or anything of the sort in my town, so I would have to go the extra mile in order to meet someone. I missed out on the chance to discuss books and writing with people during uni because I acted like a total sperg.

Attached: Oh.jpg (225x225, 9K)

You desire the company of creatures because you are alienated from God.

There are very few real writers in the world. You shouldn’t expect to just run into them outside in your town.

BASED and Christpilled

Admittedly, I am not a very good Christian, but I believe in God.
I'm not talking about "real" writers as in published authors, just amateurs like me, people with whom I could get along.

Some go to writing classes, workshops or retreats. You can also look at meetup and see if there's any writing circles or whatever your local writers are calling their thing. I've found the best place by far are poetry nights though.

Even the devil believes in God.

university

Midwit and pseud central.

lol

Attached: 1503095879728.png (352x515, 430K)

Organize a Yea Forums meet up. I might soon. Where are you from?

I don't want to discuss books or writing with people. I hate people and I'm happy they're all tasteless and shallow Harry Potter enthusiasts.

>Where are you from?
Eastern Europe
I'm not talking about that kind of people user, I'm sure we've all run into them at some point.

You sound miserable and lonely user.

That's why I'm stuck on this website. If I had friends I probably wouldn't be here

>Eastern Europe
know this feel, been looking for writing meetups in my area for months to no avail, the most Yea Forums thing I found was a shitty poetry circle run by 80 year olds
Maybe we must just accept that pseud culture is not that widespread here and people don't flaunt being writers left and right and mostly keep to themselves?

Maybe people don't even have such hobbies to flaunt. I'd wager they're too busy being miserable to bother writing.

I hope that's not true
I'm moving to a bigger city soon, maybe I'll find some Yea Forums company there :/

>Where do writers congregate, Yea Forums?
Your book-signing. You must make community, not find it. If you do well you can get a young Yea Forums wife out of it, too.

my suggestion:
write letters to authors/writers
most 18th-19th century authors wrote each other letters
there are huge collections of letters between goethe and others, mann and others, etc.
it was a way to keep in contact with people that they knew and liked and appreciated and thought “i could learn a lot from them”
try to get emails for people you want to learn from
don’t do a discord, it just ends up being shitty meme talk. long form communication is much more valuable in the writing process
potentially make a burner email and ask anons to talk with you

You just go down to Krasznahorkai's house for coffee or tea or whatever

he lives in the us i think