/languages/ bragging thread

How many languages can you read, Yea Forums?
> English
> French
> Tamil
I'm currently working on german and mandarin chinese.

Attached: honore.jpg (550x500, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ithkuil
youtube.com/watch?v=BkyDxjOVk7k
vocaroo.com/i/s1STiCwLxxsn
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4865492/
theconversation.com/there-are-also-drawbacks-to-being-bilingual-56726
youtube.com/watch?v=W9uKnM4IK_U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

english
hebrew

based tamil
jew

The more languages you speak, the less efficient the brain. English is the most information dense. If you were born an English speaker, then learning any additional languages serves only to hurt it.

>norwegian (get danish and swedish for free lmao)
>english
>german
>some dutch

norwegian (get danish and swedish for free lmao)
english
german
greek

Georgian
English
Russian

Romanian (native)
English
French
Bits and pieces of several others thanks to my Romance background

actually, esperanto is the most information dense language. it was literally designed to be more information dense than, say, russian.

That you say "Mandarin Chinese" shows that you don't know how to read it.

Esperanto isn't. In point of fact, it's shit tier. It was created to be an easy language with simple syntax for easy adoption and learning among people of diverse backgrounds. Data-density wasn't even a concept then, brainlet. The argument could even be made that it's one of the least information dense languages.

English
Irish
French
Finnish

Hahaha damn

*teleports behind you*
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ithkuil

same
which did you learn first? i only started english at ten and sadly now i read mostly english.

Portuguese (Native)
Spanish
English
French

German is next

Attached: 1566419707280.jpg (1200x900, 360K)

I'm working on it. Goddamn it, dad, i'm workin' on it! lay offa me!
No, for real, I started a course at my town's language centre last week. I can read five of those quaint little characters they use.

>I have a tool shed full of hammers

and your dumb as a bag of them

Attached: 8nRqoXW.png (800x729, 48K)

Pondicherry bro?

>English
>Dutch
>Greek
>French

English.

English, and a few spanish words.

The constructed language reminded me of a video on another language
youtube.com/watch?v=BkyDxjOVk7k

And then there's Nabokov...

You can have an inefficient brain and still be able to write well, brainlet.

>Spanish (get Portuguese for free and Italian at a discount)
>English
>French
>Latin
Trying my best at German

vocaroo.com/i/s1STiCwLxxsn

:3

I wouldn't consider it "inefficient" if it allows you to write like a fucking god.

>The more languages you speak, the less efficient the brain. English is the most information dense. If you were born an English speaker, then learning any additional languages serves only to hurt it.
God, are you a fucking stupid idiot. Definitely, English is the most information dense. That's why it's so fucking easy to learn. A real cheap piss copy of an actual germanic language.

I love you boo, say something more! Entice me with your sweet voice.

Only Butterfly is allowed to speak to me that way.

:((

>The argument could even be made that it's one of the least information dense languages.
Literally false. Esperanto is medium level when it comes to information density.

Then I don't feel bad about being a languagelet

There's Chad's like you on this board and then there's twinks like me. We sure are diverse.

English, German, Norwegian and Swedish

Here's to all my fellow scandinavian people who get three languages for free and have a headstart in any other germanic language

Spanish (native)
English
Portuguese
And can defend myself in German. Been a long time since I used it tho

portuguese natively, english, italian almost fluent, can unserstand some simple texts in french and can understand a sentence or two in a simple german text.
Afrer finishing with italian will go full force with french then german

>quite well
english
attic
latin
>so-so
german
french

Look at this pseud

altrum hominem video qui latine fari scit

English
Ancient Greek
Latin
Sanskrit
Coptic
Akkadian
Barbareño

We’re so lucky that we can speak languages that only 20 million people can speak and that’s IT and we have headstart to German but who cares.
I’m sceptical of people who learn languages from a dying civilisation

How long did it take you to learn how to read akkadian and what resources did you use?

>and we have headstart to German but who cares.
fucking snowfags, you do know German is greater in every way than your neanderthal tier orc tongues, right?

>Surprisingly, however, we found that bilinguals had less insight into their performance than their monolingual peers.

Attached: why yes......[pause]........ I am bilingual, [panic!] how could, you, tell.... beeep bop boop..png (416x435, 99K)

German is for nazis how can it be superior

Because it isn't for virgin Jews, who have a lot of money but are still virgins because they are Jewish.

Yea Forums tabloi euskalduna da

German, English and, with occasionally checking a dictionary, Latin

German
English

will have to work on my spanish soon

based

English
German
I am also learning akkadian at the moment.

A couple weeks with an English-Akkadian dictionary

English
Dutch
German
Wish I could read French, might start working on it sometime soon.

Nazis are dead. Meanwhile Jamal is pretty much alive and ravaging your country.

Italian (native)
English
Spanish
French
Starting on German and Portugese soonish.
I Have relatives in Brasil, pretty rich. Wanna hook up with some good middle to upper class brazilian grill and have a gargantuan number of mediterranean-latino-German kids.
Germany is in my ancestros but atm nobody in my family speaks it so I want to study it
Also I can sorta read Latin from high school But I forgot a lot and I'm slow as fuck.

What should I learn after those?

look at This fuvking NPC. I'm sure he's got aphantasia and no internal dialogue either.

English
Scots.

Attached: b4b98a83da0cd1ebc13248bcb951a6a3.jpg (236x284, 14K)

>What should I learn after those?
Respect towards women

cuneiform?

English, Classical Greek, Latin, French, Dutch.

The studies prove bilinguals have less introspection:

>Surprisingly, however, we found that bilinguals had less insight into their performance than their monolingual peers.

based.

Latin is easy to get back into. Honestly, just invest in an up-to-date dictionary and you should be able to figure out/rediscover syntax and structure.

>i just mold my opinions on studies instead of trying for myself and i'll die ignorant defending a retarded opinion because an irrelevant study arrived at this irrelevant conclusion

No they dont. It's just brainlet studies coming to idiotic unsupported conclusions as usual. Paid and supporters by brainlets that can't cope with having to learn morevthan one language. It is well know that knowing more than one languages opens up new avenida of thought, lets you think about a problem on different perspective and makes You more introspective, not less.
Which is pretty fucking logical desu when you realize that it encourages checking your thought processes out to figure out of they fit each of your languages.
You probably are the kind of people that when someone says to "imagine a red star" can't See a fucking red star and has to repeat "RED STAR RED STAR RED STAR" in his head continuously thinking That's how you do it.

I sorta remember the grammar and synthax It's just been a while Since last time i translated anything, Thank you all the same.

lol, Never.

not many speak that.

English, French, Portuguese, Spanish

Danish, Norwegian and Swedish are pretty much inclusive,
English and Italian

English

Attached: 1552771761239.png (786x618, 35K)

extremely based. consider performing a lobotomy to get rid of all that nasty english, then you'll become the based pict you were meant to be

English
Japanese (conversational)
Still studying, always studying.

learn Hindi, asshole or never set foot in Delhi

And then there's Conrad

What?

Also i heard Good things about "Lingua Latina Per Se Illustrata", What's the consensus about it on Yea Forums?

Based. What do you think of nino haratischwili? Should i give her a try?

Learning French
Wanted to do Japanese as well after but won't bother because Japanese lit is quite shit

I'd rather learn punjabi. I've heard punjabis are the ones who respect vedas the most. And tamils the ones who always repeat that british propaganda of the vedas being a means to oppress the lower caste

All brazilian girls have been blacked. Trust me, you don't want them.

English
Spanish
American Sign Language
More Tolkien Elvish than I care to admit
I know spoilers don't work here

Well, rip my clit and call me a tranny, spoilers do work and I got dubs.

Funny how life works sometimes.
I also forgot to mention that I know some French. Only some, though.

Attached: babe.png (1437x890, 1.82M)

Any advices in how to start with german?

> goes to delhi
> comes back with seven different kinds of cancer caused by air pollution
no thanks lol

punjab has a sikh majority you retard, they literally rejected the main vedic tenets in favour of a more equal system
but no, sikhs are based warrior saints, so if you want to learn punjabi go ahead

English
Korean conversational
Russian basic,bit of conversation, read/write Cyrillic
Japanese Hiragana Katakana and some Kanji,

Attached: C56FFA56-C885-4E6F-A4C2-F7DA8658B7FF.jpg (1200x849, 216K)

How does one pronounce a German "r"? That other post got me confused.

Don't the guru granth sahab admits the Vedas are the Truth?

nippongese
>tfw raw eromanga
because fuck scanlators
>5
lol
>tfw 1700 and still can barely read shit
also simplified is cancer, enjoy not being able to read classical.
>A real cheap piss copy of an actual germanic language.
false. english is a mongrel language of german, french, old english, and various loanwords from greek, latin, and others. it barely qualifies as an actual language, it's just an abomination of fragments of several others patched together with bubble gum and duct tape.

just English but I can also read music well enough to mentally follow Boulez scores so there's that

-Quite well:

Portuguese (Native).
English.

- N2 tier:

Japanese.

- Basic Tier:

German.

It's sort of complicated.
> One may read all the books of the Vedas, the Bible, the Simritees and the Shaastras, but they will not bring liberation. (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang 747)
> The Vedas and the Scriptures are only make-believe, O Siblings of Destiny; they do not relieve the anxiety of the heart. (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang 727)
> Except the Word of the Guru, all other word is false. (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang 917)
there's a lot more where that comes from, too. however, Guru Nanak was definitely influenced by the vedas to the point where his words reference them explicitly.

Sikhism is a combo between Islam and Hinduism

I wonder if you learning many languages ever developed a professional skill, high end one...

Native-level:
Spanish
English
Kinda understand the basics of, but can't really speak:
German
Japanese
French
Spent four hours learning till I dropped them:
Ancient Greek
Latin
Spent 30 minutes or so trying to learn a few words & stuff:
Russian
Finnish
Spent 10 minutes looking at a few pages in a book on one:
Arabic
Sanskrit
Hindi
Know 1 phrase in:
Indonesian (Selamat pagi)

The apex of Japanese writing are visual novels like Grisaiaの果実 and 沙耶の唄, not printed novels.

This is what I'd call a misopolyglot.

if that's the best it has to offer then it's shit

I'm an American studying Spanish.

>implying anyone would actually want to go to delhi
actually lol'd out loud

>*laughs in romance language*

you wot m8

Yes

糞オタク。源氏物語を読んだことがある?少なくと題目を見たことがある?知らなかったら口を利かないでよ。

You're like a little baby, watch this
Serbian
Croatian
Serbo-Croatian
Bosnian
Mountain negro
Bosno-Serbo-Croatian
Mountain-nigger

FGHください付っていうかから下さいからがうかなあ下さいございますございましたした下さいから拭きしたからかかからかなからであ

That study is literally just spics vs white americans Obviously the spics will do poorer they have lower IQs, has nothing to do with being bilingual

Hispanic whites are basically the white descendants of conquistadors so that’s wrong they have the same IQ but anyway IQ is pseudoscience.

Hebrew
English
Arabic (formal and spoken)
Portuguese
Spanish

>ございましたした下さいから拭きしたからかかからかなからであ
... what?

Catalan (Native)
Spanish (Native)
English (C2)
German (C1)
Living in Germany right now, so my German is improving a lot, but I'm losing English fluency since I don't use it in my day to day. Italian will be next in line, which shouldn't be too hard with two romance languages already under my belt.

English
Latin
Italian
French
Russian

And now I'm studying japanese 'cause I'm a filthy weeb

TFW only know 3(6) languages if Swedish and Norwegian count

^ この日本のオタクはあなたのお尻を犯さ

Omae wa mou shindeiru
*Nani*

English
French
Spanish
Dutch
Tagalog
Waray

I know this language.

Attached: _20190903_124935.jpg (1260x2333, 197K)

Compensate and smoke hasjish

????
this is how science is done, brainlet. put down your useless humanities textbooks and learn how real men acquire knowledge.

Is this the based Breton nationalist I'm speaking to?

Attached: Can Life Prevail.jpg (191x293, 12K)

German
English
French
Learning ancient Greek and Latin

t. languagelet trying to defend his retardation

Why not learn latin or ancient greek instead?

The studies prove him right.

English as my first language
Swedish (And therefore Norwegian and Danish to an extent)
Can read Arabic and learning to speak it
Old English
Latin

New languages can open you up to new ideas but you should focus on one language and if that language isn’t your first you’re fucked.

Murrican cope.

How hard is it to learn how to read arabic and is are old arabic texts impossible to read with a understanding of modern arabic?

Start by trying to write names. Start simple with names like Bob, David, Marcus. Then go to bigger names like Ibrahim. Then you might as well start learning accents and inflections. Duolingo has a nice Arabic script course, but only for learning the script

swedish english, learning french and japanese. italian later on

confirmed that you can hardly read or speak a single one of those fucking languages lol

My German is good enough to read literature, and my Italian is almost there. But I rarely have the patience to tackle a full novel in a foreign language.

Latin is a work in progress and far more daunting.

Nip. It's a weird feeling not being able to naturally reproduce the same sentences you have no problem comprehending. Remember to practice your output.

What Kind of literature? Can you read Nietzsche? Imo you're fully fluent once you can read him without misinterpreting everything he's saying.

t.native german

It's pretty good but you might want to grab a college companion with it to cover some of the grammar points you're magically supposed to understand through induction

Attached: 0f4b0ab7-2062-4ce4-aeed-9c91ab179d45.jpg (1000x892, 59K)

English
Latin
>Barbareño
That's really interesting! Are you an Anthropology student who studies the tribes in California? How did you come to learn a language that obscure?

>Indonesian (Selamat pagi)
Haha you watched Nichijou too

youtube.com/watch?v=W9uKnM4IK_U

Is German or Japanese better for finding a qt foreign gf?

Attached: watermelon asuka.jpg (512x512, 62K)

当たり前.

>headstart
the apex of japanese visual novel is 装甲悪鬼村正, if you can't read it then you're a miserable dekinai and should commit suicide

Attached: fmdm14_1920.jpg (1920x1200, 1.27M)

didn't mean to greentext "headstart"*

Neither. German girls are whores and Japanese girls are dried up.

I see. What's the best alternative then?

English
French
Russian

Spanish (native)
English (fluent)
French (fluent)
Latin (intermediate)
Occitan (beginner)
Italian (intermediate)
Japanese (beginner)
Greek, German, Catalan one day

Take the 2D pill or take the 1D pill.

I read a bunch of early 20th century authors when I was taking German lit in college (Kafka, Musil, and Walter Benjamin). The last serious German work I read on my own for fun was actually Nietzsche (Wie man mit dem Hammer philosophiert). I have to read slowly and have a dictionary to hand, but I can manage.

yet most english-speaking individuals struggle to form a proper sentence, because of the overuse of a few words

Norwegian (get Danish and Swedish for free lmao)
English
German
French
Dabble in Greek and Russian

Indonesian girls m8