Just finished Gravitys Rainbow. What the fuck was the point? I really cant figure out why this book was written. Please...

Just finished Gravitys Rainbow. What the fuck was the point? I really cant figure out why this book was written. Please, help me understand.

Attached: 1564577571896.png (297x250, 150K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/moOOA-5f9C0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Postmodern literature has no telos.

go back in time and read V. instead, then read lot 49, then read mason and dixon, then never read puntcone again

its a long poem
>he read it like a novel
=(

So its all aesthetics? What am I supposed to feel?

Emptiness. Nihil. The Absurd.

Pynch is popcorn lit. Empty calories.

Attached: popcorn1.jpg (1937x2558, 190K)

V is actually great

wrong

it's a test. you're supposed to be repelled by the Brigadier Pudding section and aroused by the Franz / Ilse Pokler section.

youtu.be/moOOA-5f9C0

I'd highly recommend rereading it sometime. I felt the same way after my first read, and picked it back up, recently. Give it a year, or so. Then, give it another shot. I guarantee you'll pick up a lot more your second round. I would recommend reading V. and TCoL49 (which I didn't care for, but it's short). You'll appreciate GR a lot more. In fact, I'm nervous to read his later stuff, because of how much I like GR. Although, M&D seems like it'd rival GR; the rest of his later bibliography gets a lot of flack, and I don't want to ruin the impact GR has had on me and my own works.

>loud nigra V2 launch
Accurate.

Please, enlighten us

Technocapital has accelerated during WW2. You can't fight it, you can't change it. Best you can do is drop out, Kaczynski style.

Slothtrop & Pynchon drop off the map, pretty obvious.

His whole demeanor is FRIGHTENINGLY similar to the coomer meme.

EXPLAIN!

Attached: 1557123958518.png (2408x1996, 326K)

Youve stumbled upon a rare coomer!

The people who say there was no point to GR really make me wonder if they’ve actually read more than 10 pages of it

I wondered the same thing. Especially, since the banana shit is one of the only things actually referenced from the book, and that's the first couple pages, if I remember correctly. Or, the Pudding scene. Which, still isn't even half way through.
I will admit, it gets pretty difficult around the In The Zone section; my first read I think I blocked out all the Enzian part, because the characters are a little hard to keep track of. I'm actually reading it right now, and Prentice (one of my favorite characters) hasn't been mentioned in what feels like 200 pages, yet he's one of the most integral people in the book.
Anyway, I love GR; easily one of my favorite books. Don't care if that makes me a postmodern plebian faggot, either.

The industrial revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race

Is this a photo of Dionysus?

I've never read anything by Pynchon. Should I start with Gravity's Rainbow or Mason & Dixon?

V or CoL49

Why?