What do you think of it?

What do you think of it?

Attached: 1302147097.jpg (1372x1500, 279K)

I can see why it was interesting back then, but these days it's just quite poor.

While frankly average by PKD's standards, DADOES makes efficient use of metaphors and pacing. The electric sheep are as instantly legible as Mercerism from The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch, and the shockingly fast third act of the book resolves very pleasantly. While it's clear that PKD's heart lay in short stories like the Electric Ant, Faith of our Fathers, and Adjustment Team, DADOES is a very solid gateway into his larger body of work.

Doesn't answer the question presented in the title

That's because the answer to the question is in you, user.

Bladerunner was better.

I liked it quite a bit. Much more coherent than the movie. I read it to my son before bed, and my wife got really into it surprisingly. Normally she doesnt like what I read and only reads normie shit like YA, Steven King, James Patterson, etc. Not sure if that reflects on the caliber of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep as a novel or not. Compared to other sci fi I've read, it didnt really cause too many big thinks but it was really enjoyable.

The real question between the lines is that if androids can really be human.

Where can I get that edition for an affordable price?

The movie expands on the potential of the book but is flawed.

Tears in rain is the only good part but it makes the whole thing.

And in the novel the answer is a definitive, resounding "no". They tried to modify what it means to be human to shoehorn themselves in, and they still failed.

Buster Friendly tried to destroy Mercerism because androids cant feel empathy, especially towards animals. Best example is the fucking horrendous description of the two female androids cutting off the spider's legs just out of a weird morbid curiosity.

Decker has a profound religious experience after killing the last of the androids, erasing any doubt the Buster Friendly expose had on his beliefs and really driving home the difference between him and them, after spending a good chunk of the book confused after fucking Rachel.

bump

>my wife
>my son
>my wife
>my son
>my wife
>my wife
>my wife

Attached: 603302C1-CF74-422F-8027-7950DB6CA3C2.png (840x854, 412K)

I would go so far as to say the movie is bad and the only redeeming qualities are that it definitively set the tone and visual style for dystopian settings going forward, and the tears in rain soliloquy. Despite the movie being a mess, the aesthetics (seriously the Blu-ray looks like a movie that just came out in terms of special effects) and that one scene at the end are so undeniably sublime that you feel obligated to give the rest of the movie as pass.

Was this druggie a fed?

All of rutger hauer's scenes are fantastic. "If only you could see what i've seen with your eyes". The android test at the start is also good. The rest of the movie is a slog though.

Yeah everything up to and including when he gives the voigt-kampf (probably spelling that wrong) to Rachel at the non-jewey-substitute-for-Rosencorp is very spot on with the book and very well done, a few minor liberties notwithstanding.

It does. The android "dreams" of owning an electric sheep. That's his drive. This is the thrust of the entire novel. I'm pretty sure you didn't read it.

Agreed, although I wouldn't call it a bad movie

Not that user but I'm very fresh off finishing this book and have no idea what you're talking about

The detective who is an android has only one dream, to own an electric sheep. This is very clearly defined early on in the novel. Do you know how to read?

But hes not an android? He passed the voigt kampf didnt he?

The guy decker meets in the fake police station? He turns out to be human I thought. I know you dont mean decker himself since he already has an electric sheep at the beginning of the novel and eventually ends up buying a real goat

Probably one of the greatest writers of all time