The German language

What a fucking language! The absolute precision and sonority are equalled by no other tongue in the world. German is simply the most masculine and cool European language. Once you know the rules, it starts to make a lot of sense, unlike English. The only downside about German is that some Germans pronounce their Rs like in that homosexual and disgusting screech known as French. I want my Rs like Rs, not like fucking sickening phlegms from subhuman throats. But then German literature is literally GODLIKE and it's worth the price of admittance alone, so it's all forgiven! Sadly the modern German person is a burgerized pussyllanimous bugman! Their literature should be the main focus, not the social aspect.

Attached: 2934929242924.jpg (800x800, 64K)

tldr; German is a rollercoster of a language with a few defects that are neutralized by the literature available. The language for literary rockstars.

bump

Yeah, I don't know german but the authors that come with it are absolutely astonishing.

Requesting resources to learn german

I like to take notes of the uses and modifications of the language noun, verb, adj.

Attached: IMAG0026~4.jpg (1836x2137, 896K)

duolingo

Attached: German.png (573x369, 151K)

Die deutsche Sprache ist nach allgemeinem
Einverständnis eine der wichtigsten der Welt,
tief und schwer an Sinn und Geist,
in ihren Gestalten und Bildungen unendlich
frei und beweglich, in ihren Färbungen und
Beleuchtungen der innern und äußern Welt vielseitig
und mannigfaltig. Sie hat Ton, Akzent, Musik.
Sie hat einen Reichtum, den man wirklich
unerschöpflich nennen kann und den ein
Deutscher mit dem angestrengtesten Studium
eines langen Lebens nimmer umfassen mag.
Ernst Moritz Arndt (1769 – 1860)

I hope a janny removes the french thread and leaves this one up

A,B, and C-Grammatik, (your level)-Begegnung if you need more vocab.

What I'd kill for is a simple program or website where I can do hundreds of common German words for reading journalistic/academic prose. All the basic verbs you'd need to read ordinary prose, for example words like "develop," "describe," or simply "example."

I know plenty of these already but if I drilled a few hundred with a flashcard deck for a week or two, I'd probably know them all, and save myself a lot of annoying googling when I try to read an article.

I tried installing Anki but it doesn't work for me for some reason. Anyone know of any other resource that might be good?

Try Clozemaster.

>tfw Germanfag who wants to take the Italianpill

Precise it ain't. The language is full of irritating homonyms at the base level. The masculine accusative and feminine genitive article are both "der", the feminine singular pronoun and the plural formal pronoun are both "sie", dative and genitive adjective endings are often indistinct, genitive masculine and neutral endings are indistinct, various words have no distinct plural form for no good reason (1 Messer, 2 Messer), the n-declension rule exists. Its only saving grace is that so many good thinkers have happened to use it as a tool and add dignity to the mess.

>The masculine accusative and feminine genitive article are both "der", the feminine singular pronoun and the plural formal pronoun are both "sie", dative and genitive adjective endings are often indistinct, genitive masculine and neutral endings are indistinct
If you go from almost any Slavic language to German this is incredibly annoying. Also that you have to think about articles and that they're heavily involved in the fucking cases compounds it.

ah, as a german I really love our articles.They always expose those who didn't learn it as their mother tongue

And thats a good thing?

All those can be clarified by context, nigger.

Everything can be clarified by context in every functional language. The claim in OP is that German is unusually precise as a tool. It is not, people just read their pre-existing idea of the culture into the language.

I got my B1 Zertifikat lately and I'm starting my B2 kurs next month.
It's not an easy language to learn but I'm trying my best

Attached: IMG_20180818_175356.jpg (2304x4608, 3.42M)

it's just funny. They don't have any logic behind them so you have to study/practice german for a long time to use them correctly

Attached: 1561116729627.jpg (529x1024, 138K)

get get a german for reading textbook
very common for masters programs, and most faculty in any good humanities department will have a french and german reading textbook that they brush up on annually
both french for reading and german for reading are available on b-ok/libgen
it’s not for speaking, of course, but you can start reading complex texts in the space of 3-4 months

It is unusually precise on other aspects, though.

any particular editions for the german for reading book? there's various on libgen...

Etzala dange. Hab leider keine Audogramme mehr.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 13K)

not especially, but newer is generally “better”
sandberg is a good one, and korb is another

Your pluralization rules are the true crime.

That's like whining about how English doesn't have a female version of "they".

I've had luck with the DeutschLernen app. It's actual German news articles narrated by native speakers at conversational speed, and you can make flashcards for specific words to look up later. Really helps with comprehension.

In all fairness I did also study German for six years, but I'm very rusty so the app is immensely helpful.

>The only downside about German is that some Germans pronounce their Rs like in that homosexual and disgusting screech known as French.
Is this true??

>Requesting resources to learn german
Assimil German with Ease

Also come visit /lang/. They are Germans there that will help you.

I wish I were German, but I thank God everyday I wasn't born as a Frenchman.

>I wish I were German
you'd only be depressed seeing your country and culture decaying, caused by your own people

Every culture eventually decays, but with the advent of the Internet, we are able to preserve literary works and much more easily. Therefore, the memory of such cultures is much more difficult to eradicate. We cannot sadly say the same for many other great cultures throughout history.

>your own people
>germans
>jews
pick one

I guess you're right. Still, the german golden age was too short

>jews
they are about 0.1% of the population and many even left the country after 2015. Make no mistake, this is 100% self-inflicted

german here, our language sucks ass. English all the way. All the new modern words & specifically technical terminology is increasingly just used in the original english, we dont bother coming up with our own german words in an autistic way like the french. So I hope our language dies, its too stiff and inflexible. English sounds cool and is more practical. Mark Twain knew that and even wrote about how much he hated german language.

This is the "burgerized pussyllanimous bugman" I was talking about. Die, you cunt.

>British English sounds cool
FTFY