Post-Finnegans Life

I finished reading Finnegans Wake like a month ago and I still can't get it out of my head. Literally every book I try to read I find inferior and dull. What book can you recommend that can help me forget it? Did I peak on my reading path?

Attached: 9454954945.jpg (260x403, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zehfilardo.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/our-exagmination-round-his-factification-for-incamination-of-work-in-progress-searcheable.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Zettel's Traum

I have to read it in German, right?

I hope that was rhetorical!

The problem is that you have invested authority in a canon which has been with arbitrariness set. You need to move away from any universal arrangements of literature and see, in Paterian fashion, what affects you the most. You must be susceptible to and sensitive of the swarm of impressions, feelings, and sensations within and without you. Find what makes you feel, and pursue that.

Find, again, what makes you feel, and pursue that.

there's this beast of essays about the wake that came out when sequences of it were published while it was still "a work in progress", among the essays are a fantastic takedown by Beckett and a few other big names. If anyone'es interested I can pull up a link to the pdf. It has some wonky name like animanicrom or some other gibberish

I’d like to read what Beckett had to say about it

go nuts:

zehfilardo.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/our-exagmination-round-his-factification-for-incamination-of-work-in-progress-searcheable.pdf

Read it again. Find something new. Or dive into Vico and Giordano Bruno. Both influenced Joyce in writing the wake.

Have you read it at least three times? Did you say the words out loud, get stuck with an Irish accent, and get sultry looks from your local midwest convenience store clerk? No? Then read it again and again until analogous events occur to you.

I had the same issue after IJ, could not get into anything else after it, bumbled about, started and gave up a bunch of books, tried some more DFW, failure, then I heard that this Japanese author I had been hearing good things about had a nice thick book coming out, I like nice thick books and was curious about him, so I dove into 1Q84. I was hating it fairly early on and by halfway through I was developing anger issues, but reminded myself that I almost gave up on IJ halfway through and the payoff for soldiering on was worth it in every way. So on I went, it just kept getting worse, I was dreading the ending I knew was coming, but I pushed on and it ended exactly how I expected. I hated it more than any book, but I no longer found myself wishing everything I read was more IJ, I was thankful it was not more 1Q84.

8/10 pasta

I went exactly through this after reading Ulysses. Two days I wandered through other books but couldn't stick to any of them. Read a few articles on Joyce and contemplated the acquisition of books about Joyce and Ulysses.

The I realized nothing would satisfy me as much as the thing itself, so two days after finishing my first Ulysses encounter, I started from the first page again.

>The I realized nothing would satisfy me as much as the thing itself, so two days after finishing my first Ulysses encounter, I started from the first page again.
based and joycepilled

>The conception of Philosophy and Philology as a pair of nigger minstrels out of the Teatro dei Piccoli is soothing, like the contemplation of a carefully folded ham-sandwich.
kek based beckett

Harassment architecture

Attached: lol.gif (661x716, 103K)

kek

>Then read it again and again until analogous events occur to you.
Wait, what? Redpill me on this

Attached: 1566558570494.jpg (720x720, 30K)

What's to explain? It's obvious that the book is littered with puns based on the various ways in which a string of characters can be pronounced. I can only really speak to my experience, but when I read it aloud, I will occasionally slip into an accent; the cause can be something like a tonguetwister, a misspelled word leading to a different pronunciation, parenthesis, italics, and words like tip. Why is that? Fuck if I know.
The book loops on itself. Humans have a tendency to not repeat the exact same experience twice. I don't think it's strictly necessary to read it out loud every time, but one read-through might provide an experience like the one I had, or something else valuable. I had an internal struggle between maintaining the accent I originally had and the one I was currently reading the book with, going back and forth even within a sentence, I know it sounded insane. There were a few lines that fucked me up and left me with the accent until I finished the book and had restarted it a bit (my parents claim it permanently changed the way I speak, but I can't tell).

Halcyon days.