Literary cringe thread, what's cringe that writers do all the fucking time?

Literary cringe thread, what's cringe that writers do all the fucking time?

I'll start: when modern writers use deprecated language-

"armour"
"seiur"
"magick"

Like you're not fucking fooling anyone Gene, I know I'm not reading an ancient text so don't fucking pretend like taking a normal word and adding a useless vowel or redundant consonant. You're not fucking blowing my mind so don't pretend like you are you fat gay bitch.

Also, like every "original" onomatopoeia I've seen. You can describe a sound without being completely fucking obnoxious, looking at you first couple chapters of Infinite Jest.

Attached: 1520796654709.png (225x283, 38K)

>infinite jest

Stopped reading

the last two words?

I hate when lots of words are used. GET TO THE POINT NIGGER.

yeah narrative voice is so fucking stupid like if i wanted to read a particular and unique point of view with their own way of thinking and speaking and see through their own attempts to make sense of their world to others and even internally with language i would just suck a thousand dicks like op rather than trying something fucking stupid like reading books jesus christ fuck literature

Especially when all the words are just repeating the previous sentences. TICK TOCK NIGGA GET TO THE POINT

I'm sorry dear sieur please fourgive me the aether of magick is rich wyth thyckness of confrountation

>"magick"
Uh it has a specific meaning. The distinction between card tricks for entertainment and ritual intention is useful.

Why does so much of the literature board hate reading?

> t.really into the occult and probably gay/trans

I love reading but it gets RUINED BY TOO MUCH SHIT. People who can't explain simple concepts without using buzzwords and jargon probably DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS THEY'RE EXPLAINING. Looking at you, Nick Land.

>Literary cringe thread, what's cringe that writers do all the fucking time?
Jack Kerouac's entire body of work.

How embarrassing for anyone who says they like "on the road" to out yourself immediately as a cringe pseud.

>creator of Calvin and Hobbes is a basedboy who gets intimidated in arguments

Where the fuck does it say that, snowflake? Sorry your SAFE SPACE was interrupted by based Calvin and his outlook on trolling.

Read a fucking book you dumb nigger.

Sorry I’ve just experienced a lot of lefties bailing as soon as their beliefs are challenged and I saw this and thought this might be what those testosterone deficient fucks are telling themselves.

"Magick" is good though and I refuse to spell it without the k

So what you against education and healthcare reform? You don't think it's busted? You ever look at a graph, Cletus? Also climate change is REAL.

>Armour
That’s how it’s written. Same as colour.

LOL well you see Nigel we took your language and made it better and more efficient. the extra "u" is pointless and if you use it you do so because you can't handle the fact that we're the cultural capital of the world and Monty Python is cringe just admit it dude.

God lefties are the new out of touch boomers.

Sorry sweaty WRONG. I believe in SCIENCE and ACADEMICS and don't rely on EMOTION like a dumb woman.

>doesnt recognize obvious bait
n to the e to the w

>to out yourself immediately as a cringe pseud.
if you even think about this you'll always be one, you're a faggot pussy

Reading is really boring, tbqh

lol looks like I triggered a retard, sorry I insulted your book and bitch-boy pseud personality. Next time I'll just pretend like it's OK that you read trash and think it's deep.

"he went across america bro stream of consciousness bro"

I'll swing you around by your hair you twigboy preteen fuck.

>there’s a difference between bait and actual left beliefs

youre an insecure bitch and you know it

because addressing real inequality is bait? Because we should make sure that we all act in a way so that we can welcome people to our culture and cities? Because we want to treat humans like ACTUAL people, instead of components of their race?

wow real bait, buddy.

says the guy who's into "On the Road" what are you going to read curious george next? Kill yourself.

you should go to Somalia and treat them like real human beings. im sure it will go really well for you

i just saw a faggot and pointed him out. believe me everyone else in real life sees it too

How about addressing the jews being the richest race on earth despite being one of the smallest? They are the worst offenders of wealth inequality, and on top of that they are occupying innocent minorities in palestine, taking their home and settling their land.

Until israel is the main talking point lefties don’t exist.

Addressing inequality sure must be how the left got the uber rich on their side

maybe people in Somalia treat people poorly. What, you want us to emulate it here? We should treat everyone like Somalia does? It's a backwards shithole where you can't get anything done.

Leave the Jews alone, they're still recovering as a race after the holocaust. What you want them to just die off in poverty? You got a lot of growing up to do.

You don’t care about Palestine

do you really think this is good bait?

uh, why don't you try addressing the argument? Or are you just going to "call troll" when someone comes up with a good point?

i was about to reply to this thread but i see that the discord trannies and pol are already going at it

oh well, another thread is kill, have fun ruining everything you subhumans

>and Monty Python is cringe just admit it dude.
As opposed to what? Fucking SNL, Amy Schumer, [insert literal nigger here]?

The left doesn’t care about occupation, oppression, or wealth inequality of the highest order. The left is a sham.

uhh, how bout Key and Peele? Or any show, really. Everything you have, we do a better version of.

I’ve always suspected that the left was mostly npcs because they’re just narcissists trying to pick the “winning” side without actually thinking.

Yeah, I'm sure you're always right and everyone who disagrees with you is always wrong, huh?

not him but yes
everyone but me is retarded, including you. i'm surprised you were smart enough to realize this actually.

No

Yeah so actually smart people don’t even notice he’s using big words

this isn't about "big words" it's about alluding to concepts as vaguely as possible. The reason those "big words" exist is as a conglomerate of vague, unexplained nonsense meant to confuse people un-acquainted with the jargon so they can pretend like they have knowledge that they don't.

Gene wulfe knew what he was doing. He wasn’t trying to write a perfect day for bananafish.

r/woooooosh amirght guys?

Someone post goodreads shit. That's always the worst (best)

Attached: rupi.jpg (774x386, 17K)

I enjoyed new sun, while I was annoyed by the addition of vowels his use of words like that is fine- he's just using a new word to add depth to his world.

You people are so frustrating. You get it half right, capitalism and wealth inequality are enormous problems (probably the biggest to us). Where you get it wrong is when you start to spout CIA tailor-made reactionary rethoric about the white race being oh so great and the jews oh so evil and how they want to wipe the white race with... communism.
See? That is why they have made you belive all this stuff. To keep you away from being actually conscious of the system and what goes under the hood.

>b-but a disproportionate amount of jews have too much wealth!
I haven't looked into this claim too deeply. Even if it was true, so what? They'll be treated the same as the other one percenters when world revolution comes.
Stop believing in narrative carefully crafted by the imperialist-capitalist establishment to keep you from uniting with the people you should actually unite with.

Keaton, WC Fields, Andrew Dice Clay, Jackass, Katt Williams, Nathan Fielder, Sam Hyde

I agree. If I had any issue with his prose it was the syntax, not word choice. And that’s by design.

Good post. No one who’s glimpsed power or had a really good eu4 run would talk like the previous user.

I hate weird punctuation like the em dash. Just use commas and periods, bro.

I hate niggers.

This thread is cringe and critically unbased

Attached: 1549557481318.jpg (480x495, 38K)

The American spelling changes were introduced as a literal cope by an Ameritard with an inferiority complex.

>it's about alluding to concepts as vaguely as possible. The reason those "big words" exist is as a conglomerate of vague,
Its literally the exact opposite. They are being extremely specific and using applicable terminology that has a history in the field.

You are walking into a chemistry classroom and complaining about made up words like "atom" and "electron".

>unexplained nonsense meant to confuse people un-acquainted with the jargon
Try reading a book or taking a class on the subject so you can better understand the terms, its only unexplained if you refuse to read the explanation.

or because your culture and people are stupid as fuck. You're literally just a big semi-rich island full of old people and busted women. They all have fat pig faces and ginger skin ew.

Yes Shadow of the Torturer was a great book. I'm working my way through new sun.

Attached: Read Expected Got pringles guy.png (1291x572, 662K)

The third book of the series is literal genius.

We need a thousand years to develop an aristocracy fuck off. We’re strong enough to blow the Earth into fifty million chunks though so you better respect our autism.

You know how when you talk to leftists they talk too much and use bullshit made up terms to account for whatever sleight happened tot them? Or in business culture where they use garbage buzzwords around concepts that don't contribute to the concept itself? They use words to describe how their particular group is viewing it at that time- they explain how they feel without actually contributing to the conversation or actually making a cogent point.

Identifying whether a word has an essence to it is a very important step in cognitive development.

I'll die before I respect the UK.

OK, you're missing the point. You've never seen when people talk around a point without understanding it? Or attempting to express something they didn't digest- like a clumsy attempt at expression that winds up being long-winded and over-explained.

Oh I think I see. Sorry I’m retarded.