>tfw I can only write with nicotine
>tfw I don't want cancer
>tfw it's a choice between writing and dying young

Attached: PEPSMOKING.jpg (500x441, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3267662/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Switch to adderall, I promise you'll regret it

>The study of more than 200,000 people, published this week in BMC medicine, found about 67 percent of smokers perished from smoking-related illness.

Take the chance

If you can't enjoy it without worrying about it. Don't smoke. You have to not give a fuck or it's really just lame and sad

Getting addicted to nicotine is one of my only regrets in life. For now, I'm not concerning myself with quitting, just cutting back a little bit at a time; down to about 8 a day.
It took me years to accept that I have a compulsive personality, and often do things for immediate gratification. Just know yourself, have a foothold on your vices, and EVERYTHING IN MODERATION!
This has been the daily psa from the an aspiring Bloomer.

Based and adderallpilled

Are you American or Swedish?
Try snus.
Otherwise go for nicotine chewing gums.

Change to nicotine gum.

Well cigarettes won't cause you cancer unless you already have a genetic predisposition to, so there's that.

try not relying on a crutch instead

Nicotine Gum

When I wrote while smoking I could go for hours without being distracted...now I can't go for more than 5 minutes. And no I'm not going through withdrawal symptoms...I've been clean for 3 months now. Just wanted to give you the heads up in case you have the same problems.

I tried Adderall once and didn't like it as much as smoking.

I'm an American who doesn't want mouth cancer...

The focus nicotine gives you is God-like

I quit nicotine altogether and don
t want to get addicted again.

that's cheating, user. why not use a patch?

Tobacco does not cause cancer period. You never critically examined the evidence for yourself.

Attached: smokepill.jpg (818x1428, 357K)

Try coffee. Dark, heavy, black, thicc coffee.

Anxiety attacks and gasthritis are better than cancer.

Fuck off, Olavo.

>I've been clean for 3 months now
I don't mess with anything too heavy, but I have my share of crutches I rely on. I'm trying to detox from everything, but it's a challenge.
> I could go for hours without being distracted
I never really got that with nicotine. I swear I smoke just because it's something to do, and gives me little 'life breaks'. It's a disgusting habit, though.

Moderate Pipe tobacco smokers have no increased rate of mortality compared to nonsmokers. Similar stats for cigars. This has been known since 1964 in the Surgeon General report.

Even cigarettes, the numbers are skewed depending on the country. In Japan they smoke much much more than America, yet they have less lung cancer. French too.

The quality of the tobacco(producers choose top shelf for cigars/pipe, bottom barrel for cigarettes), additives, pesticides. protonation vs unprotonated, flue-cured tobacco vs Fire cured tobacco vs air cured tobacco, fermentation curing, soil fertilizer, all are variables.

Diet and lifestyle are more important toward living longer than whether you choose to enjoy tobacco.

Attached: 1566830157027.jpg (1070x1174, 101K)

TOBACCO = BAD! END OF STORY. THE VERDICT IS FINAL.

Attached: 1536571896436.png (416x435, 99K)

>Dying young
You won't look young

>implying it increases mortality in the first place

t.Nicotine addicted coping reactionary retard

umm, just vape then?

Hahaha look at this dood

Note the lack of any arguments.

My gums are receded badly enough that I need grafting. Could it be that the nic salts played a part in it?

Attached: 1563826999884.png (1069x917, 584K)

this. as soon as i start smoking frequently enough to where it actually starts having negative effects, my anxiety about it overpowers my (relatively minor) addiction and enables me to quit long enough to enable me to smoke much less frequently when i start back up again.

Stop vaping and switch to cigarettes.

I believe the link between gum disease and smoking is more conclusive than with vaping.

Honestly, man. Vaping is terrible for you; worse than cigarettes I'd argue. It seems to effect your immune system, throat, gums, all the shit they say cigarettes do but at a much more rapid rate. I tried to switch to vaping, and it was a lot more of a toll than cigarettes ever were. You shouldn't smoke anything, though. But, do not fall for the vape as some sort of 'better' alternative. It's simply untrue.

yeah, it fucking rapes your throat and lungs in a way that cigs don't. whenever i tell people who vape this, they just say shit like "you just gotta get used to it, its not bad its just different, bro!"
even spending a day in an attic filled with airborne insulation particles at work fucks with my lungs way more than any amount of cigs ever has.

The only reason for this is that scummy people happen to smoke who have poor oral health care in the first place. Otherwise, tobacco smoke increases saliva and the smoke itself is bacteriostatic. Vaping on the other hand, owing to its hygroscopicity withdraws moisture from the mouth.

That shit made me wheezy; not something I usually deal with. I should've known the first time I took a hit and started hacking. Nothing has ever hit me like that. And, parents will actually buy their kids this shit, thinking since it's mango flavored it's safe. Culling the herd is a lot more simple than I could ever imagine. Just introduce fruity flavored vices and you got yourself some cattle.

Just vape nicotine no?

>yeah bro, just "vape" and have a chronic dry mouth and a chronic cough, wtf do you mean hygroscopic? what do you mean it can migrate oral flora to the lungs? trust me bro, it's common sense. just vape, no.

>not wanting a healthy bacterial flora in your lungs
just go on penicillin for a week or two, if it bothers you so much

Mouth flora does not belong in the lung.

It’s been shut down but drinking milk eliminates most of the risk of lung cancer from cigarettes

bigot

bruh where do you even read shit like this

I could tell vaping was bad news from the start and all these retarded normie kids with malformed lungs from their juuls is fucking hilarious. Congrats on believing a salesman telling you garage chemist patents made you cough more because it’s “cleaning your lungs out”

>migrate oral flora to the lungs
>retarded normie kids with malformed lungs from their juuls

Where are you getting this information?

>malformed lungs
jewish big tobacco scam, it's a miracle that they allowed it in the first place, and not banned it like any other drug in existence

I understand cigar and cigarette tobacco each undergo different curing processes. Cigar smoke is more alkaline and cigarette smoke more acidic, meaning the former is absorbed through the mouth, the latter through the lungs.

I wonder if this is an important factor.

I switched from cigarettes to vaping a few years ago and for me at least it made my life a lot better. Still had the concentration boost and I stopped coughing my lungs out every morning. I don’t know where all the anti-vape people in the thread get their information from, but for me it was a life saver, got back into running finally and just finished my first 30k race a few weeks ago.
Take this with a grain of salt though, maybe there are other downsides we don’t know yet, everybody reacts differently, I’m still addicted and honestly it feels kind of cringy but I can’t stop. But I’m never going back to cigarettes again.

cigar smoke is absorbed through the mouth because only absolute morons inhale the much nicotine into the lungs

does it at least taste like cigarettes?

I mean biochemically.

There are some flavors that supposedly taste like tobacco, but I haven’t tried them so far. Usually I vape different menthol-like flavors or coffee flavored ones.

that's what I was afraid of, I don't care about the head rush or blowing shit out of my mouth
but I do care about a taste more refined than cheap candy chemicals

cigarettes taste like shit, and I've smoked a few packs so don't tell me I don't know
reds have a good element to the taste, but also laced with shit, either bitter in a pungent way, or has a hint of chemicals like paint thinner or something, blue cigarettes don't taste like anything but still you can see hints of shit
only good thing is the taste and the sweet smell of tobacco AFTER you are finished smoking

the juul tobacco flavours are pretty terrible imo, but every once in a while I'll get a pack of the mint and find them quite good. no candy taste and they mix well with coffee. keep in mind that most ciggies have additives for flavoring anyway

aren't any other addictives besides menthol forbidden by law?

Cigarettes were designed to be quick and cheap; the genre-fiction of tobacco products. Smoke cigars or pipe tobacco if you want better flavour.

Hly shit i do this cycle constantly
At time i genuinely dont give a shit but then i overdo it and go cold turkey for a bit

What negative effects? Coughing up blood? Tumors?

Just cut out your carbs
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3267662/

Nah i just start chain smoking eventually, it seems a bit too much

start doing real drugs nigga

mostly i just start to run out of breath quicker and this just triggers my anxiety symptoms which include heart palpitations that scare the fuck out of me. quit the cigs and then the anxiety goes away and with it the heart palpitations.
>inb4 cigs were the thing causing the heart problems
no, i had this since i was in high school, it comes up when i'm anxious or stressed.

What mouth cancer retard? Nicotine doesn't give you cancer and the gums certainly don't. Use patches otherwise.

>tfw I don’t believe in death and thusly enjoy tobacco with impunity

Attached: C7FE3D6F-7407-444A-8C44-1D6C8E2EEFCD.png (488x423, 147K)

Use hookahs

Smoke pipes or cigars: you don't inhale the smoke and at worst you get tongue/lip cancer

universe creator tier
>drinking wine and eating pounds of chocolate every week makes you live to 122 years

try an EC stack and call me tomorrow

I've been following my father around sinced I can remember. He's always smoke either Pipe tobacco or cigar, and my uncle was frequently visited us. Who also happaned to be a heavy smoker too. I've inhaled shit tons of smoke sinced I was 7 and I'm currently 21 and I'm feeling just fine ( I hope it keep going this way ) Don't worry much user, if your life is destined to have no cancers, you won't get one. That's what I believed, but if you aren't sure try quitting it would be your best choice.

Attached: 1533269189978.jpg (702x562, 67K)

Does it actually?

Perhaps the assurance of Salvation of Jesus Christ, that is why great pastors like Charles Spurgeon smoked cigars.

>Try coffee. Dark, heavy, black, thicc coffee.

Get that french press and steep that shit. Quit them cigs cold turkey and gain fifteen pounds. sucks but hey, I can curb my appetite with coffee.

Excess weight is more harmful than smoking. Nabokov quit, gained 100 pounds, stopped writing as much, and died just 10 or 15 years after his last cigarette. And he regretted it to, as some hack doctor showed either him or a relative someone else's cancerous x-ray as a scare tactic.

Just snus lmao

Literally got me through college magna cum laude. Plus modafinil, kratom, triple shots of severe nasal decongestan, nicotine lozenges, and specially sourced vietnamese “crack” coffee needless to say a year later now and the rush is gone, my concentration is utterly scattered, i have annoying facial tics and have trouble intrrfqcing because i cannot for the life of me recall the simplest turns of phrases or names and trying to grasp onto an idea is like trying to do a handstand drunk. And i lay in bed much, much too long

I have 5 packs of Rothmans red here and I try to smoke only 5 cigarettes per day, these 5 packs will last 20 days if I do this
Try it user

I'll give that a shot. I don't know if I can be trusted with having 5 packs in my possession simultaneously. Won't know unless I try, though. Coincidentally, dropped down to 7 a day since this thread started.

the problem with vaping is that retards with no self control will sit for hours on end and take a deep puff of their vape pen in every other breath. obviously it's not going to be good for you when most of your breaths contain piping hot steam filled with artificial flavoring

It's not the temperature but the fact that it wicks moisture. Still, heat may play a role. People say "muh tobacco smoke hot" but if you consider the thermal conductivity of smoke vs say PG+H2O,, the latter can burn at much lower temperatures.

i’ve been on EC just about daily for a couple years
my BP is fine and my concentration is good
i cycle off every 6-8 weeks, then get back on
i wouldn’t ever take anything else if o already took EC