Where do I start learning about china?

Where do I start learning about china?

Attached: 1497824957765.jpg (640x519, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/aSFTC
youtube.com/watch?v=6mV1EY6wZHo
english.qstheory.cn/
supchina.com/2019/08/27/the-supchina-book-list/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you don't.

You don't think it's worth knowing more about the soon-to-be global super power?

start with the Han

Attached: 2228852._SX318_.jpg (318x443, 19K)

china

hahahahHHAHAAHHA

since china is taking over, you better start to understand them.

Attached: china.png (1082x884, 1.62M)

Ah nice one man, appreciate it

We need more like this. I'll post some more when I can.

wikipedia
you're welcome

Is there a book which deals with the question of whether or not the chinese want more democracy ? This question seems to be very often avoided in western media when it comes to Russia and China. I's read anything going from historical to more current sociological perspectives.

china is completely dependent on US consumerism. its mathematically impossible for them to overtake us.

Don't be naive man

Does anyone remember the name of that 1920s (?) priest who wrote a tell-all about his time in China, and the habits of the people there? It was pretty fucking harrowing.

There's also this from a Yea Forums poster, who I wish had written a book because damn:
imgur.com/a/aSFTC

Attached: chinacannibal.jpg (1787x707, 285K)

>6 billion chinamen vs. 3 million American
You do the math

Yes look at academic publishers

Mathematically impossible? They've debt trapped several key trading route locations and have long-term goals of how best to economically 'liberate' African resources - and lets face it, those that supply the rare elements needed in the IoT will be king.

> learn Chinese
> go to China
> learn about China

Or I guess you could exclusively read the experiences of outsiders, hacks and career academics.

>go to China

youtube.com/watch?v=6mV1EY6wZHo

here ya go user. this is a good primer. it's got all kinds of china in it

Attached: 81YsGB7PLoL.jpg (1721x2096, 347K)

too busy to go to uni library cuz wagecucking. buying academic publications online is too expensive. any lazy suggestions ?

Attached: Grayons.png (214x236, 6K)

Stop being lazy. Start with Peterson. Clean your room. Wash your benis.

Attached: 1527742823963.jpg (460x276, 17K)

>2:1 ratio
Sounds like a fair fight.

Attached: ab0a2cdd-ca8f-4d2f-84af-57beb2f3dc51-pitt.jpg (970x546, 121K)

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

china needs the west to stay wealthy enough so they can bait us into buying their shit products for too much money.

- John Keay : China : A History

- Confucianism : An Introduction (I.B.Tauris Introductions to Religion)

- Ta Hsueh and Chung Yung: The Highest Order of Cultivation AND On the Practice of the Mean (Penguin Classics)
- Analects: With Selections from Traditional Commentaries (Hackett Classics Series)
- Mengzi: With Selections from Traditional Commentaries (Hackett Classics)

- The Book of Songs ( Arthur Waley )
- The Book of Documents ( Shang Shu )
- The Book of Rites (Li Ji): English-Chinese Version
- The Classic of Changes : A New Translation of the I Ching as Interpreted by Wang Bi (Translations from the Asian Classic)
- Zuo Tradition / Zuozhuan: Commentary on the "Spring and Autumn Annals" (Classics of Chinese Thought): Commentary on the "Spring and Autumn Annals": Three Volumes ( ! )

- Xunzi: The Complete Text ( Eric L. Hutton )
- Daoism : An Introduction (I.B. Tauris Introductions to Religion)

- Tao Te Ching (D.C. Lau)
- Lao-Tzu's Taoteching ( Red Pine )

- The Complete Works of Zhuangzi (Translations from the Asian Classics)
- Zhuangzi (Brook Ziporyn edition)

- The Book of Lieh-Tzu: A Classic of the Tao (Translations from the Oriental Classics)
- The Mozi: A Complete Translation (Translations from the Asian Classics)
- The Book of Lord Shang: Apologetics of State Power in Early China (Translations From the Asian Classics)
- Han Feizi: Basic Writings (TRANSLATIONS FROM THE ASIAN CLASSICS)
- The Art of War (Everyman's Library Classics)

- Records of the Grand Historian: Qin Dynasty (Records of Civilization, Sources and Studies)
- Records of the Grand Historian: Han Dynasty I (Records of Civilization, Sources and Studies)
- Records of the Grand Historian: Han Dynasty II (Records of Civilization, Sources and Studies)

- How to Read Chinese Poetry: A Guided Anthology (How to Read Chinese Literature)

- Poems of the Masters: China's Classic Anthology of t'Ang and Sung Dynasty Verse ( Red Pine )

- The Classic of Mountains And Seas (Penguin Classics S.)

- The Songs of the South : An Ancient Chinese Anthology of Poems By Qu Yuan And Other Poets

- Three Hundred Tang Poems ( Everyman )

- The Selected Poems of Li Po
- The Selected Poems of Tu Fu: Expanded and Newly Translated by David Hinton
- The Selected Poems of Wang Wei (New Directions Paperbook)
- In Such Hard Times: The Poetry of Wei Ying-Wu ( Red Pine )
- Po Chu-i: Selected Poems (Translations from the Asian Classics)
- The Collected Songs of Cold Mountain ( Red Pine )
- Romance of the Three Kingdoms
- Water Margin
- Journey to the West
- Dream of the Red Chamber
- The Plum in the Golden Vase
- Unofficial History of the Scholars

- Strange Tales from a Chinese Studio (Penguin Classics)

- Shen Fu : Six Records of a Life Adrift (Hackett Classics

like anyone's gonna read all that shit

Qiushi is the CCP's theoretical journal
english.qstheory.cn/

Attached: Xi.jpg (442x415, 96K)

Nick Land

If you can't be bothered to learn their culture you will never understand the Chinese.

For posting that image you have just lost 100 Social Credit Points.

Attached: NixonSadThumbsUp.jpg (325x300, 22K)

i just want some fried rice and duck

Who is the guy who is their main theorist now?

me

Liveleak threads

i think his name is ching-chong xi ping-pong

Not technically a book but the Great Courses "Fall and Rise of China" is like 60 hours of in-depth lectures focused mainly on 20th century China. You can find it for free if you look in the right places.

Attached: 1532987380750.jpg (665x768, 88K)

What a funny and original joke!

Attached: Girls.png (449x401, 490K)

>nooooooo my gay rights, transsexual children, african lumpenproles colonising inner cities, our dream liberal humanist future shattered aaaaaaaaaaa

Attached: Pisssssss.jpg (2556x1947, 2.9M)

Read Wang Huning

On China by Henry Kissinger

Night guys, hope this is still up when I get back.

This and anything on AI.

Attached: 3306533.jpg (300x475, 103K)

动态网自由门 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Free Tibet 六四天安門事件 The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 天安門大屠殺 The Tiananmen Square Massacre 反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Rightist Struggle 大躍進政策 The Great Leap Forward 文化大革命 The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution 人權 Human Rights 民運 Democratization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-party system 台灣 臺灣 Taiwan Formosa 中華民國 Republic of China 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Tibet 達賴喇嘛 Dalai Lama 法輪功 Falun Dafa 新疆維吾爾自治區 The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region 諾貝爾和平獎 Nobel Peace Prize 劉暁波 Liu Xiaobo 民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗 肅清 胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨 獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 活摘器官 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Winnie the Pooh 劉曉波动态网自由门

2008 Chinese milk scandal中国牛奶中毒Counterfeit baby formula假奶粉Tainted Chinese dumplings杀虫剂甲胺磷Fake lamb meat羊尿Formaldehyde-laced blood pudding人造食品着色Gutter oil scandal拉屎Adulterated noodles石蜡Sewage tofu

You should really do some reading on the Korean War user. The Chinese have beat our asses into a stalemate, damn near won. There's a reason no one talks about the Korean war in the US.

Attached: korean-war-chinese-soldiers-cross-yalu-river.jpg (1143x565, 102K)

>Poetry

Attached: 9994b6abc75f083629e25c00726c4cfe.jpg (600x315, 21K)

chinese philosophy & communism

ranma 1/2

>the state of this thread
You'd think /pol/ would respect East Asians because they've got a higher IQ

I'm a wagecuck so by definition I wash my bepis, and my room -which is not moms basement- is clean. I think you wanted to post Zizek and tell me I should stop being enslaved by commodities *schniff*

You should do both of those things, and try to have intercourse.

Attached: ZizekSex.jpg (600x300, 48K)

Are you ok? I think you just had a stroke.

t. Chang
You even conjugate with an Oriental diction. "The Chinese have beat our asses into a stalemate, damn near won." Chicom myth, and I can almost hear the funny accent.

how do I get grill if I don't have commodities ? Tell her how clean my bepis is ? Even with a crackwhore its only half the job.

supchina.com/2019/08/27/the-supchina-book-list/

Bullshit. They drove the UN forces out of North Korea and chased them all the way back to Seoul and killed at least 200,000 UN troops.

Like I said, do some reading you fucking moron, most if not all historical accounts point out that the UN got its ass hammered just as bad as the chinks did.

Why did you choose these?

There is already a lot of junk here.

gonna learn chink just for fuck with ebay vendors

Because he thinks it makes him more Yea Forums.

Sources of East Asian Tradition (vol. 1)

The Chinaboo:
Read TONS of books on China, set in China, Chinese novels, Chinese history, Chinese philosophy, sociology, and economics books, watch only Chinese films, learn Mandarin Chinese.
The casual Chinafan:
Read a few Chinese history Wikipedia articles, watch a few Chinese films every now and then, learn to say nihao and xiexie, visit China one day
The not-really-China fan:
Watch Koihime Musou and assume that that's what China is like, eat chahan and gyoza
The Chinese Studies BA:
Read stuff on China written by foreign scholars & academics, interpret Chinese history and culture through Western-tinged lenses

Is it pseudish to read up on AI without knowing about programming?

Not really. It wouldn't hurt.

they know kungfu
which is a metaphor for more skillful logos
west is just ape like

maybe because it exposes the pitfalls of democracy

what does this brainlet even know

Ignore posts like these

It's a bit better than these shitty books for contemporary China but yeah, these channels aren't good either. Also that channel in particular is straight up clickbaity nonsense. Don't watch any of it.

The contemporary stuff is actually usually the good stuff.

Ridiculous to think China can become the next dominant power.
Here's what will actually happen.
There will be a war between the US and China, since neither side will accept the dominance of the other.
Then both will sustain such heavy losses that neither of them will be fit to be called a superpower. The world will be multipolar until a new superpower emerges.

Attached: Ways_That_Are_Dark_Cover.jpg (251x395, 22K)

What’s happening here

By moving to Vancouver.

>junk
clever

>Where
China.

Kek. Peak autism

>he thinks he can get a halfway-accurate history of china after dynasties and state goverments have destroyed their historical records over and over countless times

Attached: image.jpg (562x437, 168K)

>What is modern?

Nick Land

Poorly Made in China
The End of Cheap China
Before the Deluge
Inside The Red Mansion

Soulless amoral bugmen, I hope they all die, except for Jackie Chan he's cool

Attached: 1472374082654.jpg (1024x756, 95K)

Steven W. Mosher

Get a Chinese gf.
They are super cute traditional and you can learn about China from her and her friends.

God I miss her so much.

Attached: 1509909401048.jpg (768x431, 28K)

hong kong protesters getting trashed

Read this first, then begin a study of the language, culture, history and philosophy of the country. One book won't cut it. The dynamics are complex and subtle, be prepared for a total paradigm shift. The Chinese don't think the same as westerners, they don't act the same as us. They have a massive superiority complex. They are very secretive. Deception is an accepted, even expected way of life; it's part of the culture.
If you pursue this line of inquiry, be prepared for the biggest rabbit hole of your life.

Attached: hundred year marathon.jpg (553x369, 43K)

holy shit thanks for the effortpost user

Attached: 640.jpg (980x654, 71K)

What happened fren?

Water cannons are standard response to protests (or even large aglomerations of people) in most East Asian countries.

>This question seems to be very often avoided in western media when it comes to Russia
It is one of the only things they talk about, to be honest.

I’ve listened to the whole thing and I can second this. It’s greatest strength is it’s balance in presentation. Obviously a huge portion of the course is about Mao and events that happened around or because of him, and he manages to give an assessment that neither seeks to demonize him as some sort of singular world historical evil, but also doesn’t pull punches about the genuine mistakes and very real crimes committed by Mao and his deputies.

The most interesting section though are the lectures that cover the Deng period. This is where the real fascinating contradictions of China come out.

The Great Courses also have a series which gives a bigger sweep of Chinese history, starting 5000 years ago, and this compliments the other course really well.

I listened to "5000 Years of Chinese History" and thought it was pretty good, are these by the same lecturer? I liked his style, but would have liked to hear him go into more detail on events rather than try to cover entire centuries in a single 40 minute episode.

I also found this book for dirt cheap at a library sale the other day, does anyone know if it's any good? I imagine parts of it have to be out of date by now, but it looked like a good introduction to the chronology of things.

Attached: index.jpg (185x273, 11K)

It’s a different guy but I really like both of them. The 5000 years guy is an ancient China historian, while the Fall and Rise guy is an political scientist/foreign relations expert.

Whats contradictory about Deng? Him and other party "rightists" that were targeted by Mao seem like the inevitable chinese character back in governance

Mao actually believing his own wartime leftist rhetoric, and structuring a society based on "permanent revolution" was the exception to all that

go find a chinese girl to fug