What the fuck was his point?

How was Guenon anything less than a new age gnostic but a little edgier?

Attached: 1E2111D0-988C-43FB-86AE-7767E83E29B3.jpg (750x747, 316K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TmbkfTiLQ58
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Watch this 6min vid and debunk him if you're so smart.

youtube.com/watch?v=TmbkfTiLQ58

>new age gnostic
he was against new age spiritism and gnosticism, although he was fine with gnosis itself, the path of knowledge, as long as it was embedded in an authentic system, not a heterodox cult or syncretic corruption.

>edgy
Nothing he said would appear edgy to normal people 200 or 300 years ago. It's only edgy to materialists and atheists who have lost all sense of what is essential and absolute.

I liked Guenon but I just noticed that he's wearing a bowtie, so I can't take him seriously anymore.

>Nothing he said would appear edgy to normal people 200 or 300 years ago
Retard alert.

Because the creator of the universe is not malevolent, the gnostics made the mistake of thinking this which Guenon criticizes them for

>new age gnostic but a little edgier
no, that's pretty much it.

We've successfully reached the correct conclusion about Guenon. We can end Guenon day now.

seething

>Nothing he said would appear edgy to normal people 200 or 300 years ago
kek, how about
>All the religions teach the same thing at their core, and. all are valid paths to the Absolute
>the Absolute is All-Possibility, the Possible and the Real are the same
>Hindu metaphysics are the highest expression of metaphysics
>History is cyclical and the “end of history” described in the Bible really just refers to the end of the cycle
>Non-Being is prior to and superior to Being etc etc
300 years ago Guenon would have been burnt at the stake as a witch lmao

Guenon is an anarcho-primitivist?

>300 years ago Guenon would have been burnt at the stake as a witch lmao
based retard

he would have been revered as a great Christian saint desu

>teaches palmistry and numerology
>believes salvation is "merely individual" and that liberation is much higher
>undivided brahman is higher than trinity
>christ is not the only avatara of god
Yep, definitely would have been burned. No amount of cope will change this.

all of that is right though, and had he lived back then he would have written a Christian work under the auspices of the church that proved those things through a Christian rubric

>What the fuck was his point?
to right the wrongs of the age and restore the primordial tradition, rescuing the west from disintegration in the process

read him and find out you brainlet

>>All the religions teach the same thing at their core, and. all are valid paths to the Absolute

How is this remotely controversial? I'd hate to be inside whoever's head that thinks this is 'controversial'

it's controversial if you actually believe in a religion instead of just a universalist cope

Ironically, Guenon was only able to teach the things he did precisely because of the “progress” he so lamented. If it wasn’t for civilizational progress and religious tolerance he would have been branded a dangerous heretic.

>Guénon
You mean عبد الواحد يحيى?

May Allah reward you

This is basically saying that religion as an institution is false. Someone who actually believes that "all religions teach the same thing at their core" is both an atheist and a nihilist, no matter how they try to disguise it. The same way Nietzsche was secretly a nihilist but spent his entire life pretending he wasn't. This kind of belief leads to someone like Guenon seeing himself in a sort of amusement park where he can pick the ride/religion he wants to go on, directly as a result of 19th century European imperialism that opened up every culture in the world to Europeans. He's like a tourist in a museum. Oswald Spengler showed that each religion or moral system in the world has a transcendent meaning only for the culture that produced it. Why did only the Greeks and Romans produce a moral system like Stoicism? Why did the Indians perceive time to be cyclical? These details are irrelevant for Traditionalists. The idea of any kind of metaphysical Absolute ignores the absolute subjectivity of human experience and understanding that Kant and Schopenhauer irrefutably proved, taken from the single human to entire cultures by Spengler. When I read Revolt Against The Modern World I took it as an interesting "metaphysics of history", a study on the differences in the beliefs of traditional man and modern man, but I just couldn't accept the leap of logic that all religions and spirituality are the same thing because religious societies all behave the same way. It ignores the subjectivity of cultures. Is there a metaphysical Absolute of taking a shit between me on my porcelain throne and an Indian street shitter?

كس امك

>Someone who actually believes that "all religions teach the same thing at their core" is both an atheist and a nihilist, no matter how they try to disguise it.
Not really. Guenon was really an advaitist at his core. He just liked to LARP as a perennialist who believed all the traditions are true. In reality he only believed in one of them (Advaita Vedanta) and tried to force all the other traditions into that box.

>He just liked to LARP
Traditionalism in a nutshell

>t. too dumb to understand Traditional Metaphysics

>Why did only the Greeks and Romans produce a moral system like Stoicism?
because the primordial Indo-European tradition was relegated to the province of esoteric mystery cults and the public 'thinkers' needed to come up with something else to cope
>Why did the Indians perceive time to be cyclical?
because it is
> Oswald Spengler showed that each religion or moral system in the world has a transcendent meaning only for the culture that produced it.
OH NO NO NO NO NO, BRUH, LOOK AT THIS DOOD

>liked to LARP
Of all the things you can criticize people like Guenon and Evola for, you cant accuse them of being LARPers when they did everything they could to actually live their philosophy, more than their contemporaries on the right, and especially on the left.

>he thinks the mystery cults were indo-european

They were, many of them tie back to Persian origins or the Indo-European Thracians (e.g. Dionysus etc)

Mithraism, maybe, but most revolve around Mother Goddesses and belief in reincarnation