Yeah george orwell is pretty much my favorite author, 1984 is a classic for a reason

>yeah george orwell is pretty much my favorite author, 1984 is a classic for a reason
who do you imagine?

Attached: 41E9Z5XaHcL.jpg (337x500, 19K)

some reddit faggot or a dumb tumblr slut who thinks she lives in a dystopia

Some guy I know who said that wants to get "42" as a tattoo on his forearm because he believes himself to be an "absurdist just like Douglas Adams was". Universal education was a mistake.

110 IQ

george orwell probably is my favourite author but not because of 1984
although it is true that it is a classic

Someone just after reading their first book

A guy that'll speak the truth regardless of whether it's the current fashion of pretentious hipsters.

Based

Someone new to reading, and a little too preemptive in what they say. You guys are needlessly rude.

Yeah this place kinda sucks sometimes.
I can't tell if half the shit is ironic or not... And I think that's the point.

Some guy who didn't read it, but still references it whenever it benefits him in politics.

>yeah george orwell is pretty much my favorite author

Nobody says that

Not sure this person exists, hard to imagine because 1984 is just removed enough from awareness that to know of it you’ve probably read other books. Probably.

We do live in a dystopia, albeit a very boring one. Dystopian fiction has heightened the bar of expectations

I loved 1984 but I hate pretentious faggots who reference it all the time..

hear, hear

based

yeah george orwell is pretty much my favorite author

I liked Terry Gilliam's uncensored version of Brazil more than 1984.

Is it weird that reading that book made me consider Catholicism again?

Attached: 6mup3y3ophd21.png (646x595, 269K)

Both are reddit :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Someone who thinks John Oliver is educational content. More into current events than any academic discipline.

someone with a good heart

I would agree if it weren't for the way Brazil handled its ending.

Smelly nerd in a black T-shirt who probably masturbates to anime.

What’s weird is anyone considering Catholicism again after Vatican II. I mean, how much more clearly could it have been proved to be a false religion? Does God change with the times?

lmfao

Stop memeing.

A typical peasant that is just smart enough to realize that they shouldnt be openly praising genre fiction but hasn't actually read anything besides what high school made them read. You actually see this person a lot on r9k/soc chart threads and they are almost never even aware that literature exists outside of what they read in highschool or remedial college courses. You can also pretty much rest assured that they never even read it to begin with.

Attached: 961988-mads-mikkelsen-hannibal-wallpaper-1920x1080-for-windows-7.jpg (1920x1080, 192K)

george orwell

Georgie boy probably posted this very thread

a patrician
this one gets it

Fuck off /christian/ refugee. No one wants your shit board or its shit culture.

We > 1984

Attached: f922096877e83de74ea20dfb0ef28a28.jpg (740x502, 141K)

>He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He stood and cried:
>"BIG BROTHER I WANT YOU TO GIVE ME YOUR BIG JUICY THICK COCK AND DRENCH ME WITH YOUR HOT STICKY CUM UNTIL I'M GASPING FOR AIR, THERE I FUCKING SAID IT!"

Whoa... kind of a swerve at the end there, wasn't it?

Attached: DdSazRNVQAAobT-.jpg (1200x827, 138K)

>I’m in high school and I need you to know that I’ve heard of a more obscure alternative to 1984 (this makes me smarter than you)

If I was in high school I would've said Brave New World thank you very much

17 years old STEMnerd.