Is Gnosticism the most logical explanation for our universe?

Is Gnosticism the most logical explanation for our universe?

Attached: +_57a3307dffc71c8c382a0954f32b9713.gif (326x314, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZuQE79PWgTE
youtu.be/wOzQnDRIp7s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No more logical then anything else. Still, fun to think about.

Cathars did nothing wrong.

a interesting perspective is that only god is perfectly perfect, therefore that which isn't god is imperfect, but then you have to ask why god would 'create' a imperfection.

No. Worse of all, it plays on ones pride, by over glorifying individual intellect above all else.
It's pure vanity, narcissism.

What is more logical?

In case you didn’t know you can literally only make assertions about the universe, retard. Much smarter men than you realized that everything is just one substance that posses many modifications. You are really, honestly, literally, stupid.

>entirely made up
>most logical

Attached: 1566590662066.jpg (640x615, 39K)

>he thinks that electron microscopes showed us something about the universe

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABAHAHABAHAHAHHAAHAHHAGAGAGAAABHAHABAGAHABAHAHA HOLY FUCK HAHABAHAHVWHAHAVAHA

why do you post the frog?

>logical

Attached: 1566854966632.jpg (247x204, 9K)

don't bother user: youtube.com/watch?v=ZuQE79PWgTE

It makes more sense than the predominant explanation and it deeply resonates with a Christian upbringing. But just because it explains a lot of things in a seemingly satisfying manner it does not mean it is real or true.

This. If you’ve made it far enough to seriously consider the main ideas of gnosticism then you need to understand that getting any farther requires serious humility and that what you find is most likely not going to be what you were expecting.

I had to pass through gnosticism to get to real christianity, it was a tough process but I had to put aside some childish notions I had about God, hell, jews and the bible that gnosticism feeds into.

George MacDonald and Orthodox Christian church fathers really helped.

Attached: obedience.png (387x558, 64K)

I wish that I was born a thousand years ago. I wish that I had sailed the darkened seas on a sailors suit and cap, going from this land here to that.

logic is entirely made up retarde

Hypnotizing yourself with 'feel good' old testament poems isn't serious metaphysics. You need to leave this thread. Gnosis is not for you

He’s just finding advanced coping mechanisms man let him do what he has to

It makes more sense than orthodox Christianity, which can provide no satisfactory answer to certain problems that bother me, such as animal suffering. But it's just mumbo jumbo like everything else.

It’s an evil heresy. Leads to perdition

what's that, someone please explain like i'm a sixth grader

Nope fuck off go do your own google search no one’s gonna hand hold you through life

Watch this
youtu.be/wOzQnDRIp7s

Loserpilled

You are like a fucking mite compared to me and if you had any idea who I am and the fact that I’m trying to help you you would clean my feet for me

What has this gnosis shown you and how do you know it's true? Who do you say God is? What is man and what is the fall? How does it differ from orthodox christianity? There are so many different gnostic interpretations, Just curious to see where you are at.

I’m supposed to be impressed?

Luke 18, 9-14

>9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

>10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

>11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

>12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

>13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

>14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

>how do you know
Yeah, gonna have to stop you there

I'm not sure "lol idk" counts as an explanation

>Gnosis! but also I don't know.
Interesting

SUBJECTIVE SYNTHESIS THRU OBJECT NEGATION

No, that would be Advaita Vedanta

>conflating gnostikos with praktikos
Just hylic things

No.

Gnostic Christianity is the Real Christianity.

By the way friend I'm . Full disclosure I'm a fedora tipper, so I don't believe in any of this and I don't have a horse in this race.

In my dirty rationalist opinion Gnosticism seems to resolve the issue of evil better than other Christian denominations. It just outright says the world is evil because it is the a shadow of a perfect one and manufactured by a deluded deity drunk on power and the only way to salvation is to know out way back to perfection. Also man in a fallen state(Kenoma). It sounds very compelling in light of the old testament. I think I see some eastern influence in it, what with the realm of Pleroma, you could stretch it to mean wholeness or oneness like in Buddhism. But as I said its something that I find interesting and not serious. I wonder what a Gnostic majority world could have been like.

>I wonder what a Gnostic majority world could have been like
Very very different, there's a reason why their knowledge was occulted and buried for so long and why gnostics where outright silenced and genocided in the past.

You don’t know how two defend yourself rationally so you hide behind vague formulations and references to greek terms. Sophistry.

*to

Glad you found your way home, my brother in Christ

Attached: 65D32966-4EF2-4BD9-9DCE-639A85BE3241.jpg (600x956, 177K)

Can anyone suggest me one book that explains gnosticism, its story and beliefs?

Read moar

>READ MOAR

Attached: 37CB7A4A-BD62-4F29-8C67-279025805CDE.jpg (550x543, 83K)

Aryan (or Race based Reincarnation) Gnosticism is indeed the most logical explanation of the Universe.
Satanists are trying to destroy our ladder to God (Sacred DNA) and build another materialist cancer layer for the soul (VR upload/AI enslavement).

The Demiurge is a faulty copy of a copy of a copy of a copy (emanation) of God. Hence he is a cancer and we live in a mutated fallen universe.

Yes but you have to read Spinoza, Philip K Dick, and Nick Land to make sense of it in a modern context.

God is the absolute, man is an aspect or fragment. The fall is language, the Proto-Indo-European convention of naming objects creates a lie, the subject-object distinction, creating a gap between the Real and the Actual. Gnosis is to know God, to know yourself, the thing-in-itself for itself.

Keep mixing and it slides right into conventional psychology/philosophy.

>gnosticism is one thing
You obviously know nothing about it

Their movement died in Rome for a reason.

Look at their interpretation of Christ through Gospel of Thomas. "
They isHey bro this is all made up, but you're cool so I'll tell you the secret."
isolated teachings of Christ and ignored the rest for the sake of the worldview.