Does he have anything worth reading?

Does he have anything worth reading?

Attached: Stephen_King,_Comicon.jpg (556x707, 43K)

The Dead Zone
Eyes of the Dragon

Fuck, are you me? Came here to post EXACTLY that.

His short stories and novellas are better than his novels.

the dark tower up to wolves of calla.

The Stand is pretty great.

Thinner and eyes of the dragon

I like Song of Susannah more than Wolves personally

Attached.

And the novel that that story is a brief sequel to, Salem's Lot, is about as good as any horror novel gets, a small handful of arguably superior books (e.g., The Haunting of Hill House) excepted.

Attached: One for the road.jpg (757x665, 212K)

hah, guess they left a similar mark.
Definitely at least read the first Dark Tower, it works fine as a standalone.

What he said, first dark tower. Don't read the rest.
Also The Stand, and Misery.
Honestly Carrie is a decent horror book. It's not going to be considered a seminal piece of western canon, but an alright read.

his eventual obituary

His short stories
The Stand
It
Pet Semetary
probably some other stuff that I haven't read, too

2-4 are literally the best books in the series.

They say his book on writing is good if you want to gain insight into the mind of a man who pumps-out mediocre books with unceasing vigour.

Attached: 611oMwufPCL.jpg (652x1000, 115K)

everything

Attached: 1493942179946.jpg (396x385, 21K)

based

This

The Long Walk is fucking amazing. Not horror though

I enjoyed The Tommyknockers and his short story called Rage, which I read as a kid and inspired me to to bad things. Recently bought Carrie, Salem's Lot, and The Shining but I can't force myself to finish Carrie. I like the setting and era that it takes place but the frequent breaks where he inserts some interview or article about the ending's events are mind-numbing. Also, psychic shit is so boring but that's because I have been spoiled by years of exposure to media about ESP stuff.

>"Bat Day for a Holiday"
>by Steven King

>"Why yes, okey dokey, I am indeed a Boomer and Maine is the place I mainly call home." Trevor Wainspray spat between his teeth as he finished his latest manuscript. "I'm no monster, no siree, just a working class writer who votes straight Democrat." He put on a vinyl album of a classic seventies rock band.
>Suddenly, a religious woman burst in. "That's the devil's music!" she said.
>"I'd say that's a load of horse shit, but no horse has an asshole that big, lady." He spat between his teeth.
>Gordon Goodbrother could take no more, and spoke up, standing unsteadily from his rocking chair. "This honorary brother just wants to listen to a little rock and roll, honey. There ain't no sin in that."
>"No sin!?" She clutched her pearls. "Don't you know the dystopian government we have for some reason is using that music to brainwash people?"
>"Now when did I say I was people?" Trevor Wainspray flashed her a positively vampiric grin. He was indeed from another dimension and was there to battle dark forces.
>"You aren't listening! It's in the mp3s!"
>"Lady, we only play classic vinyl hereabouts. mp3s are for goddamn cocksuckers."
>She lifted up the power cord of the record player, and it was already unplugged. The music continued. Everyone present exchanged a pregnant look of about nine months.
>"Oh shi--" Gordon Goodbrother would never finish another sentence. A discount Lovecraft monster slashed his belly like a water balloon filled with blood, like some kind of blood balloon, where the rubber was skin. The little autistic kid who had been sitting under the desk had transformed into a monster thanks to Napster.
>Trevor Wainspray sprang into action and pumped the creature full of lead from his handy handgun which the Constitution says he should not possess.
>The friendly goodnatured yokels stood around the corpses and examined the monster's tentacles and ichor. [Paragraph long description of the scene to come.]
>"That's the damnedest thing I ever done saw," said Lady Church before gasping and covering her mouth for her blasphemy. Trevor shot her a wink.
>Suddenly a robot came down the chimney. "It was the future all along!" he said in his robot voice. "You're all just animatronics in a theme park. Thank you for your service." He hosed them with his flamethrower as Trevor Wainspray bared his fangs and turned into a bat creature and leapt out the window to mysteriously disappear into the shadows.