Why is suicide associated with pessimism when it's an optimistic attitude?

Why is suicide associated with pessimism when it's an optimistic attitude?

Attached: emil-cioran.jpg (720x439, 49K)

How is it an optimistic attitude?

How is suicide optimistic?

you expect to improve your situation overall

Is nothingness better than pain?

There's nothing to improve, quite literally word by word, when death is in consideration

most people think it so, even Socrates said if it was the case then its a good end

You expect to conclude your situation
FTFY
If someone believes in god, ascending to heaven is optimistic.

>not just posting the quote
come on man

Attached: d0d192b34a20efa19fa3c8c7291cd083--emil-cioran-virgo-art.jpg (236x230, 17K)

>ragequitting at life
>optimistic

>If someone believes in god, ascending to heaven is optimistic.
thou shalt not kill, retard. also: killing yourself is evidence that you don't believe God is good, you think your plan is better, that faith can't help you. when it is only a distinct lack of faith that puts you in that situation in the first place.

>i hate life it is so pointless and miserable

You stamp your youness very aggressively in the mind of others when you kill yourself, cementing what are prominently. Taking care of yourself, living mildly and to an age of body failure is the best route to total oblivion, absolute conclusion, free of any and every situation.

brainlets shouldn't be allowed to post

Why should one be conserned in the content of the minds of other humans?

>life is insufferable
>if I kms the suffering is over
>profit

this user is correct. it’s a form of optimism. buddhism is the true pessimism, since it considers suicide not radical enough

>mfw I pwn utilitarianists every day by not kms even tho I hate life and no one would miss me

Attached: kevin-the-sea-cucumber-spongebob-squarepants-2.74.jpg (210x240, 21K)

Does that mean that pessimism is a pointless speculation designed to make you avoid going for the most logical solution to your problem?

It is why a person would be said to have killed themselves as opposed to have waited.

If the pain or difficulty were enough, the heart would stop on its own, the flow of blood would come to an end, and life processes would end without mind.

>tfw I hate the world so much I don't even care to suicide or be mean to people

Attached: 1560111911612.jpg (303x335, 46K)

he's only correct if you're a room temperature IQ redditor... but i repeat myself.

killing yourself is not only morally wrong, it's the height of midwit hubris to throw away the life you inherited.

>to live is to suffer or know only discontent; i cannot - will not - suffer one day more
>optimism

Are you for real?

sounds like you’re suffering from shiniji-syndrome

How is it morally wrong?

isn't it?

>it's the height of midwit hubris
>and that's a bad thing
>midwits mustn't self-actualize, they should castrate themselves and accept their roles as fluffers-cheerleaders for the übermenschen
You can't trick me with that shit; I've watched Stinsen brinner

Attached: sb.png (1397x869, 2.06M)

this. MIDWITS
RISE
UP
!!

God, the greatest good, created you. You specifically. Allowing yourself to succumb to the lies of the deceiver and believe that prematurely ending that which God made -- "taking your own life," can there be a bigger misstatement -- is not in accord with that which is good, and not only good but perfect: namely God.

>inb4 but i don't believe in God
then your morality is founded in God, you just don't know their origins

Why would god want me to live as long as possible even if I don't enjoy living?

>user shows proof for his statements for once in his life
>oh wait
Opinion discarded

Attached: SAVAGEREKT.jpg (400x240, 32K)

I ask myself this all the time, what did I do specifically to deserve God making me suffer so much. I hate it, lads.

Attached: 1565820796773.png (1349x694, 126K)

it's not about living as long as possible, but rather simply not ending it by your hand. it may be a traffic accident tomorrow or cancer ten years from now or a heart attack in twenty, or finally old age and infirmity. you don't know, and pretending to know better now is willfully missing the mark. Falling short of what was asked of you, on purpose.

not just what was asked of you. what was prepared for you.

>anime tier syndrome
wasn't expecting anything less

>not ending it by your hand.
I don't understand why such thing would piss him off. If life is a gift, then sorry but I really didn't like it and i can't force myself to enjoy it so why can't I just give it back to him.

Because there are two forms of 'suicide', one that is disingenuous, and only seeks attention and affirmation from others that they would weep, while the other, from clarity and absolute peace, is feared, because if slaves would simply kill themselves, all of our bullshit empires would collapse.

Permanent solution to temporary problems. It makes no sense logically. It’s pessimism because you don’t have any faith that good times are coming for you, when I’m reality you have no idea

Philosophical pessimism is defined as a negative view of life itself. Dont use words you dont understand.

>good times are coming for you

What, like cancer, old age, and death?
Stop being deluded

>I don't understand why such thing would piss him off.
This right here perfectly encapsulates why people don't understand the problem of evil. They think "good" means good for them, or pleasurable to them. That's not objective good, that's not the end. Being alive is a manifestation of a divine reality, a divine plan, and the duality of pleasure and pain is part of that.

Seek to ease it, become stronger, overcome your weakness by finding a good cause to work at. Go out and volunteer somewhere. A soup kitchen, or a food pantry, or maintaining the grounds of a church or something. Exercise your ability for charity. Forgive that which causes you pain, in the past and in the present, in others and in yourself.

Divine plans that work just like random chance.

Ahahahahaha faggot
Things don't improve for all, for some things just get worse and worse
Life is a temporary problem and nothing more

To your mortal eyes, perhaps.

>God iz source of moralz and shieeet
I immediately stop trying to respond irl when I hear this in any discussion about ethics/morality

if you insist on proving yourself a brainlet go ahead i guess. but i'm not wrong. morals are the regard for the welfare of others and everywhere on the planet they are founded in the supernatural. in the west our laws are rooted in the revealed wisdom of the bible. common law, the magna carta, the idea of natural rights, all of it. down to which days of the week you can or cannot buy liquor.

Kek. Okay, thought you were actually serious. Didn't notice the bait. Have fun.

Not baiting. Take a law class.

Take a quick look at any gore thread on /gif/ and tell me that is part of god's plan.

>Take a law class
>Tfw to intelgent 4 enrolling in law school

kill yourself my guy

encouraging others to kill themselves is a sin. i hope you repent soon user. there are consequences, even if you don't believe.

divine right of kings. look it up.

like i said: "good for me" or pleasurable (or at least not horrific) is not a valid measure of actual good.

like i said. failure to understand the problem of evil and providence and final cause.

my hair is falling again bros I want to die