Why is Lovecraft more popular than Poe?

Why is Lovecraft more popular than Poe?

Attached: 4083CA9D-F188-451A-AF0C-E858ADCE3661.jpg (881x533, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/cFYGTVj
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_French_inventions_and_discoveries
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That has never been my impression.

Certainly not the case in France, where Poe is widely read (and respected) whereas Lovecraft is regarded as teenager lit for Yea Forums users, which it is.

Thanks to Baudelaire's translations.

No Baudelaire translation could have redeemed Lovecraft desu. But yea you’re partially right.

you'll never write anything half as good as At the Mountains of Madness or The Colour out of Space, cuck

>France
opinion discarded

Thank god for that.

Wholly beside the point, dear Lovecraft reader. Dare I say, cope ?

discord.gg/cFYGTVj

Yet Poe is superior in french. Literally. Blame Baudelaire.

Haha. You’re desperate. Go read some d’Aurevilly you pleb.

Lovecraft is the more recent author of the two.

>frogs

Attached: 0B351A27-70DB-43F0-9BFF-179CADAE2497.jpg (750x747, 53K)

>actual readers
Frightening sight for anglos like you, i’m sure.

Why would I be desperate when none of you idiots have even bothered to explain why you don't like him? You're worthless and deserve nothing but your own contempt and dismissal

Don’t like him ? Your thread is about POPULARITY (your word), you dumb fuck. Why I don’t actually enjoy Lovecraft ? Because I have better taste than you.

Why are you putting spaces before question marks? I'm not OP you fucking monogoloid.

He´s not. Poe is high-school mandatory literature.

>and there was this THING! It was soooo evil! It made you go CRAZY it was so evil! I can't even describe it but it was BAD that's how EVIL it was and its name was *bangs random keys on typewriter*

Attached: Lovecraftian.png (404x507, 243K)

Frogs are low iq and pretentious

I think it's because he used the word 'aeons' a lot.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_French_inventions_and_discoveries

At the Mountains of Madness was dull and boring.

Lovecraft is literally "stephen king but 60 years before"

Hello I am Yea Forums and I hate everything I loved 2 years ago

I'd say it's because Lovecraft has a more obvious influence on media than Poe to the average person these days. People see cthulhu in south park and shit along with games being labeled as "Lovecraftian", you never really notice or see anything explicitly from Poe if you're a normie who just plays video games and watches tv.