Tfw you're russian

>tfw you're russian
>tfw russian is your native language
>tfw you enjoy some of the best literature ever written in the language it was written and meant to be read
>tfw all the subtleties and wordplay cannot be translated properly into other languages due to the peculiarities of slavic languages
>tfw there is a lot of cultural background non-russians do not understand and miss out on
>tfw your level of english allows you to read some of the finest literature in the language it was written and understand all the subtleties and wordplay
>tfw english is much easier to learn than russian
>tfw your erudition allows you to understand most of european and american cultural background

I see this as an absolute win, comrades

Attached: 1.jpg (800x585, 121K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1BWN4AD7WLw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Good for you Ivan, at least I can enjoy Cervantes and the rest of Spanish lit.

Yeah but you're still a Russian

ukraine is better

i envy you pushkin and tolstoy, but that's it

I learned French so I could read some texts because I didn't like the translations. How hard is Russian to learn?

what’s so great about “word play” anyway? is that why you fags read literature? for the “word play”?

Code for ass play

>tfw russian
>tfw either retard inbred peasant or deracinated urbanite europe-wannabe cuck
>tfw replaced by churkas within 30 years either way

so this is the muzhik cope

Dostoyevsky’s works often verge on sensationalist kitch in the vain of Eugene Sue and his “insights” aren’t nearly as profound as people make them out to be

Tolstoy is far from being the best realist novelist of the 19th century, that title rightfully belongs to Flaubert. His views on aesthetics were also downright philistine.

Pushkin and Lermontov are largely derivative from Byron

Gogol was an Ukrainian

Nabokov wrote his best works in English and considered it superior to the Russian language

Turgenev’s most notable work ends with a cringy “Where are they now?” epilogue

Sorry to ruin your fun, but the French literary tradition is always going to be vastly superior

>ukraine
no such country

It is also worth remembering that Russia produced virtually no worthwhile philosophers

>muh super hard language no one can understand if they're not a native
i'm a slav and this is a meme. all languages are easy as shit if you are exposed to them enough. slavs love to jerk off over the fact that our languages have complicated morphology as if it was some sort of intellectual challenge to use it when in fact your brain is built to soak that shit up and stupid babies with poop-filled diapers learn it with no effort. morphology is only a problem when you're learning languages stupidly, ie through rote memorization of grammar tables. expose yourself to russian every day and your brain will just absorb all these grammatical cases without even knowing what they're called because that's what it evolved to do.
the source of the asymmetry you're noticing is not some special level of "subtlety" russian has over english, it's simply the fact that you're being culturally colonized by them and not the other way around. you've been drowning in a deluge of english-language entertainment for decades so that it'd be hard for you NOT to learn some english whereas an american has to go out of his way to ever encounter russian. if the situation was reversed the americans would all speak a bunch of russian because they'd be fans of mosfilm's baba yaga cinematic universe or whatever.

>they'd be fans of mosfilm's baba yaga cinematic universe or whatever.

Attached: 37E9CFDE-9D75-45F2-AB68-5173D1D5A884.jpg (640x633, 42K)

kek

Lev Shestov

>mosfilm's baba yaga cinematic universe or whatever.
Top tier

hohol detected

vocaroo.com/i/s1BWN4AD7WLw

... what’s your third language, though ?

cope

Бэйзд энд peдпилд

>Lev Shestov
seems like a meme philosopher. what valued contribution did he make to philosophy?

Slit your fucking throat

this He wrote great essays, and formed a Dostoevsky-Nietzsche synthesis.
Fuck off dipshit

your knee jerk hostility suggests that i have touched a sore spot and that he did indeed contribute nothing of value to philosophy. i fail to see what is so significant in a “nietzsche-dosteovsky” synthesis. sounds like a meme

>tfw you're Russian
>tfw not native Romance speaker
>tfw the only advantage you have is reading some 19th century Christian memery with no important breakthroughs

>a Dostoevsky-Nietzsche synthesis

Lmao, into the trash it goes. The absolute state of Russian “philosophy”.

>Haven't read any of Shestov's essays
>Still trashing him
Fucking plebs

>Shestov
>Russian
Yeah, as Russian as Trotsky

This

Did he write in albanian

so what you're missing out on other shit. the only ones who are really fucked are the english speakers. every language has some relevant literature, you can never enjoy don quixote or kafka in it's intended form

i think he means that shestov was a jew

based

>tfw native language is German
that's an even bigger win to be honest.

What language did he write in you fucking spastics

in jewish

Sperg-tastic post

this. i wish i spoke/read german. is it hard to learn?

Grammar is pretty hard I think and pronunciation as well depending on where you're from.
If you're native language is English understanding what words mean shouldn't be that hard though. There are quite a few common words and meanings.

name 5 good german authors, but 20th century or newer

No, as long as we're not talking about nietzsche. He's difficult not to misinterpret even for natives.

Bernhard
Kafka
Mann
Jünger
Böll
+1 Döblin
Apply yourself

This but I'm French, feels good man.

>Brecht
>Kafka
>Böll
>Thomas Mann
>Hesse
I could go on

not to mention heidegger, arguably the most important philosopher of the 20th century

>No, as long as we're not talking about nietzsche
fugg, i really want to read him in the original. he must be sublime to read in german

same

ich wollte nur empfehlungen haben, danke

There are better ways of asking for recs.
You sounded like an arrogant prick.

OH NO! I TARNISHED MY REPUTATION ON THE CHANNEL

>Jewish family
Sorry, you can't be Jewish hyphenated anything non-Jewish.
There is no such as a "Russian-Jew".
Likewise, there are no German-Jews, Persian-Jews, British-Jews, etc. A Jew has no loyalty to his host nation, so why define him based as such? He is nothing but a Jew.

>Tfw don’t have this sweater
>Tfw still have moomi trol shirt

Attached: 1087C2EB-8165-4419-9782-E5E24D965BBA.png (1242x2208, 3.17M)

so there's no such thing as a brain tumor but you still appear to have one

PASHAL NAHUI PIZDA

extremely hard if you do it all by yourself

Not gonna lie, pretty jealous. Im a slavic studies person and I've got to go to Russia for like 2 years to learn the language.

Russian jews aren't that bad because they were working class, it's the bourgeois jews in Germany and Western Europe that leads to their universal revile. Same thing happened with the Armenians in the Ottoman Empire, where wealthy Armenikikes fucked over people there until all the Eastern Anatolian goat farmers got murdered

>tfm grew up in a quadrilingual household
>parents both spoke Russian, English, polish, and Lithuanian
>tfw they never taught me Russian or polish
I will never forgive them for this

underrated as fuck

No, it isn’t

>tfw Spanish Is first language
>French and English are easy as fuck to learn
>German is hard but after years of effort you can master it

Russian is impossible though, never gonna try to learn that.

god, hinds really are the greatest helis ever made
wish i knew russian

I learned Russian and I agree with you, especially about Pushkin and Lermontov. My Russian's not great but I still get it because I know how it sounds.

Getting used to the alphabet is the easy part, it's the vocabulary that's so alien

t. ukranian

Berdyaev and a slough of materialist-economic philosophers are good, but it's mostly a spare history.

>Armenikikes fucked over people there until all the Eastern Anatolian goat farmers got murdered
I thought Armenian genocide was jews getting rid of competition as usual.

Enlightenment at last

Go back to Lentach, faggot.

Being a native romance speaker means you're either French or a poor subhuman. Not sure which is worse.

I share your sentiment, but mind that it's a american imageboard. Current political situation demand the commoner to hate those who challenged the so-called "new world order". As they shake in a retardating cramps of idiocy they've been fed, they cannot be interacted with properly.
We have to remain strong and, as ironic it sounds, we must preserve our integrity.