What books can I read that will affirm my position that every argument made for God's existence (Particularly...

What books can I read that will affirm my position that every argument made for God's existence (Particularly contingency) can be flipped into an argument that we live in a simulation?

Attached: 1564549219285.png (1200x1776, 3.21M)

something on reddit definitely, try there

"Simulation theory" is just religion for nerds. These alleged aliens who are simulating us might as well be god by any definition since, from our perspective, they would be omniscient and omnipotent.

Seething denial of the truth

Are You Living In a Computer Simulation?

The Simulation Hypothesis: An MIT Computer Scientist Shows Why AI, Quantum Physics and Eastern Mystics All Agree We Are In a Video Game Paperback

Tons of others.

There is a difference between "advance transhumanistic mindupploading universe waking beings" and "omnipotent, omniscent, all good, pure actuality, pure simplicity". Saying that the simulators would be like god is not only sinful, but also factually incorrect.

never mind that bollocks user
post more robert crumb

what have you been smoking?

All of your thoughts are created by the simulation, you can't take an outsider's perspective. If the aliens create the simulation, that means they're in control of our entire reality. Ergo, from our perspective, they're omnipotent and omniscient.
>"advance transhumanistic mindupploading universe waking beings"
These simulation-categories. You can't apply them to the hypothetical aliens. They're outside of our comprehension.

What's the difference between simulation theory and basic acknowledgement of the perception/reality distinction?

what books can I read that will affirm my position that OP is a sodomite and should say what he's thinking upfront?
also who would read a book in 2019 when any decent book, like Fight Club and LotR, is made into a better movie?

The definition of God would make it a proper superclass over the simulators as well

But the arguments for god still hold for the universe where the simulation happens

>All of your thoughts are created by the simulation
True
>you can't take an outsider's perspective.
Rejected as unfounded
>If the aliens create the simulation, that means they're in control of our entire reality.
Just becuase you created x doesn't means that you control x.
>Ergo, from our perspective, they're omnipotent and omniscient.
Yes, but not objectively so

I assume that the simulation you're refering to is the sci-fi 'matrix taken literally' kind, right?

Not him but:

>>you can't take an outsider's perspective.
>Rejected as unfounded
Basic existentialism should suffice there. You can't even really take a peer's perspective, for in doing so it would just be your own. If you walk a mile in someone else's shoes, it's still your foot. If you look through someone else's eyes, you're just looking through their eyes, through your own. If even lateral movement doesn't work, how can you expect horizontal changes in perspective to happen?

>Basic existentialism should suffice there.
YIKES
>You can't even really take a peer's perspective, for in doing so it would just be your own.
>Doesn't understand the concept of empathy.

(Me)
--and to clarify, I don't think simulation theory posits a matrix scenario, where there's a "you" in the real world who is simply being lied to. My impression was that it's more like the sims, where you're part of the simulation.

>implying complete empathy can be achieved
You're an unwitting solipsist if you thing you posses the empathy required to seriously observe things from other people's perspective. To call someone "knowable" is an insult.

>Problem of other minds? Haha I'm an EMPATH

How could they, if the universe is unlike our own? We wouldn't even know what points of basic reason/reality to discount and are unequipped to argue. For all we know causality doesn't apply there.

>Rejected as unfounded
What? If our entire reality is a simulation, true objectivity (aka knowledge about how "it is" outside of the simulation) is impossible. Just like a Sims character can't make judgment about us.
>Just becuase you created x doesn't means that you control x.
Well, talk about unfounded. These aliens are supposed to be superintelligent computer programmers who are capable of simulating this insanely big universe. It's much more reasonable to assume that, yes they do in fact "control" the simulation, if they have created it.
>Yes, but not objectively so
You'll notice I've said "from our perspective" even in my first post in this thread.

The big takeaway in this discussion is that, as part of a simulation, you can't make any judgments about the creators of the simulation. You can't use categories of being FROM INSIDE the simulation to explain the reality OUTSIDE of the simulation. You don't know anything about these simulation creators. Why would you assume the objective, non-simulation reality is exactly like our own, simulated reality? For all we know we're just a surrealist experiment. Like if the horse in pic related suddenly became self-aware and thought that outside of his painting's reality, houses have legs as well.

Attached: dali.jpg (651x400, 52K)

Probably Meillassoux

"Do other minds exist?
"Why not ask them if they have subjective experience?"
"No, I want to reason about philosophy bro"

user you aren't getting it. Do some more thinking.

Attached: not-this-shit-again.jpg (349x360, 91K)