How do you decolonize your bookshelf? Out of 20 books I have read this year so far...

How do you decolonize your bookshelf? Out of 20 books I have read this year so far, 16 were by white people and 15 by men. How can I correct this? What are any authors which deconstruct western perspectives?

Attached: 1_hlbu71WvaO5bdffTrTVJuA.png (1200x675, 1.15M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e4sEz_aoR5k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

read Franz Fanon first of all. Ngugi wa thiong'o is also good shit. spivak, said, babbha. and if you want modern fiction there is a massive amount

I don't really think such perspectives are possible at this juncture as all things that exist to be purchased are solely in service to capital. The only real decolonization that can occur is shitposting, but your form was so poor it caused me extreme shitter-shattery. Also, go read something like Bell Hooks or something. With that being said, there is also a nice journal from 2005 by SAGE called, 'Thinking About Women,' and I think it's a fine bundle of articles and essays.

someone should make a virgin post colonialist theorist versus chad hindutva militant meme

Attached: Hindu-nationalism.jpg (900x643, 159K)

what's an entry into hindutva? never studied India, always Africa

>Stop reading quality works for the sake of diversity!
How about no, Mr. Resentment?

>only read books written by dead white men because my white male professor told me that books by dead white men are the best

Attached: file.png (403x448, 61K)

>mfw unironically feminiggers don't realize the author is dead

Attached: images.jpg (554x554, 32K)

>I don't really think such perspectives are possible at this juncture as all things that exist to be purchased are solely in service to capital.

But user, isn't Marxism an eurocentric and totalising enlightenment project? Was the subaltern ever asked if it wanted to be subsumed within the spectre of the international proletariat?

Unironically everyone should throw away their wh*te man books

marx was bougie in any case
"nothing to lose but your chains" only an asthete can say such a thing

You should also decolonize medicine, stop using vaccines and pray to the medicine god of wakanda

To be fair most med students are Middle Eastern, Indian, African or Asian. Anyway the Aut Right would never accept (((Jonas Salk))) as Western.

t. barthesbro who just wants an excuse to avoid his responsibility to challenge real structural inequalities in terms of who gets cited and published and canonised.

Hopefully things are changing

My bookshelf is not colonized you presumptuous cunts. I purchased each book voluntarily. They didn't somehow impose themselves on some native, pristine bookshelf .

t. barthes bro looking for an excuse to shirk his responsibility to confront the real structural inequalities in terms of who gets cited read and published.

Hopefully things are changing. I make a point of never citing over 50% wm authors in all my publications.

none of this is true though

I mean, wasn't Heart of Darkness pretty clearly anti-colonist?

>How can I correct this?
Toss the 5 mistakes.

How about instead of race you focus on the merit of the work?

>But user, isn't Marxism an eurocentric and totalising enlightenment project?
Sure and it's the only solution to the eurocentric and totalising enlightenment project of capitalism.
>Was the subaltern ever asked if it wanted to be subsumed within the spectre of the international proletariat?
No. And that's the point; there never was a choice. The ability to "decolonize" isn't something that can be done as it is it's way to late.

>marx was bougie in any case
How? As a politically exiled journalist and economist it's not like he owned any factories.

Test

Why are white people so embarrassed by their own culture they seek to replace it with anything else? Why does foreign shit seem authentic while their own culture feels hokey to them?

You dont need to deconstruct western perspectives, you need to read better ones. Have you ever read GK Chesterton?

I don't think it's necessary or even good to "decolonize" your bookshelf or mindset. You need to understand your enemy to defeat him, and the enemy has done innumerable analyses of himself.
Non-western perspectives don't exist anymore. They have been all wiped out nearly entirely.

Wouldn't it be more radical to reject western dualism altogether and demand the full restitution of native sovereigny over all stolen land? Marxists goals like 'seizing the means of production' still operate within a settler colonial framework in which nature is merely seen as a source of wealth. Zapatistas, the Kurds and naxalites have achieved more in the way of practical communism than eurocentric marxist academics

The Bhagavad Gita and the writings of Gandhi. That user is on the right track. Ethno-nationalism is the only ideology that can and has successfully defeated colonialism.

Imagine notions of ‘decolonizing science’.
>Less discoveries of white men pls

You don’t. You take what you can get, where you can get it. It just so happens to be mainly from white men.

Nah. They will just accuse whites of stealing discoveries and inventions.

youtube.com/watch?v=e4sEz_aoR5k

why do these fuckers use the word colonise anyway?

it's not as if stinking niggers were writting down great epics before whitey came along and stole literature from them.

Hindutva is religious nationalist, not ethno nationalist. In fact it's opposed to ethno nationalism since it envisages an Indian state unites by Hinduism, over any ethnic divisions.

Hinduism is for all intents and purposes, an ethnic religion. Also, the word Hindu refers to the race of people that live east of the Indus River. Equating ethno-nationalism with Hindu nationalism is technically correct.

>people who wrote the Hindu texts came from the west
>bunch of non-Indo-Europeans in the sub-continent adopted the language, religion and culture
>hurrr it's an ethnic religion

Name one good idea or philosophical concept that wasn't made by a white man.

La négritude - not that you care, obv...

>the negroeness
Wtf is this concept supposed to mean?

Nah. Other cultures just are not as good. Which is why they want to leech off of mine.

Why should I?

Daily reminder that white people are a dying breed and soon they are going to be hunted by feral nigros and muhameds.

I tried reading things by blacks and women and literally all they talk about is being blacks and women. This is especially bad in academia where every black and female doctorate thesis basically translates to "Why being black/female is sooo hard". I'm not even kidding I was looking at MIT's recent papers by women, about ostensibly technology, and ALL of the papers were about the exclusion of and discrimination against women.

If you want other people to take you seriously maybe produce something worth reading instead of whining all the time. All their efforts did nothing but to make me (somebody who wasn't sexist/racist) genuinely believe that they can't think.

Has anyone besides white men even been writing for more than like 20 years? Obviously there’s nothing really important by nonwhite men yet.

Just read Glissant bruh.

Thomas Sowell is the only non white author i've read