Anyone else can't shake off the feeling this is fake or at least heavily edited?

This book has always seemed very fake to me ever since I read it in high school. It's just so tame and sanatised for someone in this situation. And it's far more coherent and focused in terms of narrative continuity than a diary of a person in hiding should be. If I was a teenager stuck in a genocidal dictatorship I'd be writing far more vulgar things and be going on incoherent ramblings quite frequently.

Attached: 81xPFVVGesL.jpg (1470x2410, 333K)

It's heavily edited. Her father edited all the parts out that pertained to embarrassing teenage stuff, such as Anne talking about her period and so on. The parts pertaining to the Nazi regime are all authentic though, and the feeling that you have about it being so 'normal' and 'casual' is precisely why the book has risen to infamy.

It is as fake as those purposely painted svastikas at my local synagogue

is correct.

She also started writing it when she was only thirteen. Despite everything that is happening around her, she is still experiencing it from a young girl’s perspective. I believe that she certainly understood the situation she was in, but it makes sense that her reflection on it wasn’t vulgar and incoherent with her life experience. You don’t lose hope in humanity when you’re thirteen.

The full, unsanitized diary was published more than twenty years ago. Here's one passage that was removed from the clean edition:

"Once when I was spending the night at Jacque’s, I could no longer restrain my curiosity about her body, which she’d always hidden from me and which I’d never seen. I asked her whether, as proof of our friendiship, we could touch each other’s breasts. Jacque refused.

"I also had a terrible desire to kiss her, which I did. Every time I see a female nude, such as the Venus in my art history book, I go into ecstasy. Sometimes I find them so exquisite I have to struggle to hold back my tears. If only I had a girlfriend!"

It's completely fake. There is not a single authentic page to be found in that book.

Attached: DzwBQ7kU8AAY_0P.jpg (428x428, 25K)

pic
>You don’t lose hope in humanity when you’re thirteen.
Really? Yea Forums makes 13 year olds lose their faith in humanity enough to shoot up school. Why can't some girl hiding in mortal fear lose it?

Attached: 1521965586340.png (1171x1011, 662K)

Anne was nothing like you, in character or life experience. But if you haven't read the unexpurgated version, you don't have much of her reality.

Attached: 1566949853704.png (749x1035, 641K)

Jesus, that's new levels of idiocy. Every fucking claim that thing makes is total horseshit.
First, Anne was 15 when arrested, and that saved her initially.Those deemed able to work were admitted into the camp, and those deemed unfit for labour were immediately killed. Of the 1,019 passengers, 549—including all children younger than 15—were sent directly to the gas chambers. Anne Frank, who had turned 15 three months earlier, was one of the youngest people spared from her transport.
Second, transfers between camps were a constant thing. The Nazis moved prisoner populations around to get them away from advancing forces, to fill up space and make room where camps were under or over capacity, and so on. If Anne hadn't had scabies, she would have been relocated again, to the Liebau labour camp in Upper Silesia.
Third, there wasn't a "hospital," but they were trying to contain the spread of typhus in the camp for obvious reasons: it was wiping out their slave workforce. Bergen-Belsen concentration camp wasn't a "death camp," it was a fucking exchange camp, where Jewish hostages were held with the intention of exchanging them for German prisoners of war held overseas. The camp was later expanded to accommodate Jews from other concentration camps, and other prisoners, and some 50,000 Soviet POWs died there too.
Fourth, Anne dying of typhus in a Nazi camp still makes her a fucking holocaust victim. She died as a prisoner of a regime that wanted to work her to death if sickness or starvation didn't kill her first. If she'd ended up in a gas chamber it wouldn't be any different.

Even if you like Nazis, have some respect for historical facts and data, and never post that shit again.

You know they're not LE NAZIS, right?
You understand that it's an intentional provocation to get a rise out of the dweebs like you who belong on Reddit, right?
You're not that dumb, right?

Attached: 1561408931220.jpg (480x465, 32K)

You can either take it as irony™ like said, or alternatively see it for what it is. Simple shilling. Compartmentalized and engineered-for-delivery trash for idiots. Don't sweat this.

That makes no difference, and never has. Why should I care about the poster's sincerity or motives? Stupid misinformation is being spread and I'm trying to correct it before more ignorant morons read it and believe it (or don't) and keep spreading it.

Is it wrong that the only thing i can think of is "How did she not get raped by some random nazi soldier" ?

>Rimbaud is considered a genius despite being a horny fag
>Frank is discredited because jew womyn

This.
When i read Rimbaud's life i was so disgusted i decided never to read his writings.

She probably was. It's not like she was keeping her diary then.

>/hispol/autism
This is a literature thread. I'm specifically talking about the tone of the text and the presentation.

moralists...

that's fan fiction

>The Diary of a Young Girl
>heavily edited
how many unedited published books do you know, user?

It's fake.

I don't like Anne FranK. I don't like her.