What is Yea Forums's opinion on the harry potter series?

What is Yea Forums's opinion on the harry potter series?

Attached: 9780747558194.jpg (260x400, 27K)

pure literary kino

Fine if you are 8. Not if not.

Havent read any books yet but these definitely suck.

The most average books in existance. Rowing managed to hit that sweet spot where dumb people can read it without becoming confused and smart people can read it without being intellectually offended. It's the McDonalds of the literary world. Over a billion served.

Go shill Rene Gayanon some more

cringe

Boohooooooooo! Waaaaaaaaaaah! Boooohooooo! Wwaaaaaaah! Hahahaha see how dumb you look?

Great post.

Kek

Holy fucking cringe dude

Same goes for these faggots

If Harry Potter was to replace a noun, it would be mediocrity.

Its a book for children. Its a good kid's book. It has one of the most cancerous fanbases that never outgrew elementary school reading level. Kind of sad really.

cringe

if you can get past the bad writing the plot is not bad

Decent kids stuff, far from anything resembling great books.

>0138▶
>What is Yea Forums's opinion on the harry potter series?
harry pooper, more like
didn't even read it but it's true.

Interesting and entertaining books for kids and young teens I guess, the worldbuilding is perfect for self insert really but the author doesn't utilize it well enough.
I DM'ed a couple of D&D games set in Harry Potter world as a favour to a friend and it was pretty good fun, lots of interesting shit they could do when not restraint by "this is supposed to be for kids" shit.

All of the high-IQ kids that I knew in elementary and middle school that would later go into top-tier universities/professions read the shit out of these and other YA fiction.

Read them in Elementary school and I thought they were the best books ever.

However, I've grown up and come to realize that they weren't really that special and were at best adequate. I don't know why people obsess over it. Nostalgia, probably.

This thread reminds me of a literature class I was in where we were discussing Beowulf and how the character of Beowulf stood as an representation of the ideal person then and now and that's why Beowulf stays relevant up to the present day. The professor asked if any modern books had characters similar and some fat SJW bitch started going off about Harry Potter and the professor told her Harry Potter isn't good literature and that he has never read them past the first one because he knew they were trash.
So yeah, a PhD professor who devoted his life to the study of literature thinks Harry Potter is juvenile trash and I agree.

its satanic. jk rowling should be burned

Attached: 1558112659338.jpg (640x480, 154K)

>a PhD professor who devoted his life to the study of literature
wow, such expertise

All I'm saying is I value his opinion much more than an obese girl in a humanities class who never grew up

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE COPYPASTA?!

Attached: AHHHHHHHHHH.png (922x958, 560K)

To think I share a board with these faggots who form an opinion without reading it first.