Does anyone else gets his mind blown while reading Schopenhauer? The guys is right about everything...

Does anyone else gets his mind blown while reading Schopenhauer? The guys is right about everything. Sometimes it feels like I'm reading my own thoughts wtf

Attached: Arthur-Schopenhauer.jpg (300x358, 16K)

Yes. I didn't read any philosophy until I was 23, than I read guys like Schopenhauer, Cioran and Kaczynski who thought of everything I did and more dozens or hundreds of years ago.

I know right? Reading Schopenhauer feels more like I'm reading my own thoughts. The guy writes so compellingly that it makes even ad absurdum arguments seem completely logical to me; no other philosopher writes so compellingly. About Cioran, I'd like to get into him but he's so pessimistic from what I've heard even in comparison with Schopie that I don't even know if I should lmao. On the topic of Kaczynski, his books can't be found anywhere on Amazon so I can't read them, what can I do?

Attached: 1532749619445.png (1053x755, 138K)

There is a truly lovely book from Houellebecq on Schopenhauer. Check it out.

Cioran is based af

If youre depressed just read him

You mean "on the presence of schopenhauer"?

I have looked for it everywhere and couldn't find it. I don't even think there is an english translation lmao. I love Houellebecq by the way.

Attached: 1566966889067.jpg (1859x1070, 157K)

You only speak english?

Of course he only speaks english you mutt, what else would he speak? Anything worth reading gets translated.

>of course he speaks english you mutt

Attached: index.jpg (312x162, 9K)

>Sometimes it feels like I'm reading my own thoughts wtf
Your thoughts are a rant of a bitter old man that thinks it is self evident that he is better than literally everyone else?

>his books can't be found anywhere on Amazon
Isn't it fucking obvious why it can't?

>what can I do?
Internet? What the fuck.

Attached: 1564868598710.jpg (800x450, 65K)

Don't be afraid to plunge into Cioran, OP. He has an unmatched style and a very unique sense of irony. I have just finished his "A Short History of Decay" and it was an amazing read. His passages are profoundly pessimistic and dark but I was often laughing out loud

> Sometimes it feels like I'm reading my own thoughts wtf

Schopenhauer readers cannot notice confirmation bias if it hits them in their face

When I was first starting to read sure...

Shut up whore, Schopenhauer was based

>muh confirmation bias
Why would you only read things you don't agree with moron?

That's the entire point of reading dumbass

Schopenhauer had an existential crisis when a 14 year old girl rejected his advances and flirting and wrote about him being 'creepy' and 'old'.
Literally black pilled him and turned him into a mgtow.
I lost all respect for him when I understood a 14 year old girl had subverted his entire existence.

No, it's not moron.

I read things that BOTH support AND deny my beliefs. If you go around trying to prove yourself wrong that's just retarded.

>I lost all respect for him when I understood a 14 year old girl had subverted his entire existence.
Why? All men like 14 year old girls.

It's called intellectual development and it's the only use of reading

You'll beg us soon enough to get that old geezer out of your head.

Attached: 1558380996684.jpg (1112x1034, 559K)

What a fuckin cuckold.

Bend over faggot, I'm gonna penetrate your ass. What's wrong? You don't know if you'll hate it unless I do it.

You clearly need more intellectual development to engage in a conversation

>bluhblubluh I am so mature
Grow a fucking spine faggot

Attached: 955067D3-9CAC-4A1C-B153-C9080ECB612B.jpg (560x750, 58K)

>Does anyone else gets his mind blown while reading Schopenhauer
I'm not a cuck, so not really.

Attached: 1566312665264.png (1080x1304, 189K)

Anti-intellectualism is only appealing when you're a child or a manchild

Fuck Hegel and his bullshit too.

Attached: schopenhauerhume.jpg (850x400, 67K)

It's not intellectual to only read books about how religion is right if you're an atheist, retarded pseud

>The guy is right about everything. >Sometimes it feels like I'm reading my own thoughts

lol

I did not know this. What a fucking psycho

Well spoken

What's wrong? He didn't want to be a cuck raising another mans son.

I get the same experience when reading Adi Shankara. Schopenhauer would mostly likely have been a big fan of him as well given how much they both revered the Upanishads.

I don't agree with the behavior of , but he has a point; you have your own opinion, and you read whatever approves your opinion, or doesn't. You can't read everything that disproves your opinion, since you have an opinion; even if you would read something that would disprove your opinion, you could see eye to eye with some takes. A great example is the belief of God: you should read both takes on belief and disbelief, otherwise you can't form your own opinion; that is what intellectual development is.

I'm reading the Fourfold Root of the principle of sufficient reason and it's kinda funny how he edited in his old man rants in the second edition he made towards the end of his life. Like most of the section he's talking about causality or something then suddenly he goes on a 3 page bitter rant about how much he hates Hegel. His insults are pretty funny but it feels so out of place to the topic at hand and it's really obvious which parts were written by the young Schopenhauer and the old "i hate everything" Schopenhauer.

I agree with Schopenhauer on most social matters, but I disagree with his monist metaphysics.

How many fucking Schopenhauer threads do we need? Fuck off already.

Only reading contrary resourcse doesn't mean you read only one topic dumbass. You should read some high school logic material

>you should read both takes on belief and disbelief, otherwise you can't form your own opinion;
If you haven't formed an opinion, how could you read articles that support or reject your opinion?

Just stop, you've been outed as a pseud

It really helps that he a great writer. He's probably one of the greatest philosophical writers in terms of style.

Beautiful projections

>Engage in argument
>Get caled out
>"Y-YOU'RE PROJECTING!!!!"
Every time

Your right, we need another few Whitehead threads

Don't cry user, it's ok to have double digit IQ

>Still replying
Did your ego get hurt little pseud? Awwwww

I like playing with dogs

Why are you telling me you like dogs stuffing your asshole? Do you take the knot user?

>If youre depressed just read him
I've heard this advice before, but, won't that just deepen your depression?
Won't it make it worse? Like listening to sad songs when your heart is broken?

Cringe

Like you said, intellectual development. Everyone gets influenced by differential factors; once you can reason, and think for yourself, you can form your opinion, which you've already obtained by those factors, by reading and experiencing in general. Do I need to spoon-feed you this basic knowledge - you do realize you need to be 18 to be on Yea Forums, right?

I got this too, Pessoa.

Attached: 1502826774653.jpg (255x255, 12K)

I wouldn't call it cringe, I'd calling it cruel to the dog. Or maybe he likes it, I'm sure you give him lots of encouragement and pleasurable moaning to make sure he shoots his load inside your ass.

>more than 5 words post
tldr

>0 reading comprehension
Gotcha

>0 IQ take on intellectual development.

Reply when you're no longer an intellectual midget

Shouldn't have answered your poorly thought-out take, imbecile.

Attached: 1560817477335.jpg (249x250, 4K)

>Shouldn't have answered
Bingo, don't engage in arguments you don't understand

>he's right because he reminds me of my own brainlet normie consciousness