Character uses a gun; this is a sign of phallic power fantasy and the gun actually represents a penis

>character uses a gun; this is a sign of phallic power fantasy and the gun actually represents a penis
>Character goes through a tunnel or narrow corridor; this is a vagina and shows how the author actually wanted to fuck a family member
>character travels with other men; this is a sign of repressed homosexual desires
>character does literally anything; this is a sign of class struggle and class struggle only
Marx and Freud are the worst thing to happen to literature. What are your most hated shitty interpretations of books, where people are obviously just trying shove in their own views into a story?

Attached: 1566774264482.png (768x1024, 1.23M)

Hard agree on everything

thanks

>has never fully read the interpretation of dreams

>symbolism isnt real! authors write specific actions, events, and details into their work for no reason!
low IQ take on literature

>Everything is symbolic! Also it's always exactly the symbolism that i happen to care about and im totally not reading into shit that's not there!

>my predilection with sex is ubiquitous and everyone has the same interpretations as ME

>nobody is allowed to have views on the symbolism of literature that differ from my own!

Oh you're allowed to, and we're allowed to call you a retard for hallucinating.

We're in a purely hypothetical thread about an imaginary interpretation of a purely hypothetical piece of literature, so ad-hominem isn't gonna gain you any points here given that I have exposed nothing about myself that could reasonably be insulted.

You're a little behind the times on critical theory there, OP. Nobody's using Freud at all, and Marx can be useful if carefully applied, but he's very old school as well.

>Nobody's using freud at all
Plenty of people do, and his successors are still infected with the same bullshit that Freud was. Lacan is just as much of a charlatan.

It's been dying down now, but it used to be really bad. People seeing penises everywhere, reducing everything and literally everything to sex and repressed sexual desires. academics claiming that aurora borealis was actually sexual energy, it's ridiculous.

> Character kills his father and marries his mother; he must have an Oedipus complex

>Jews projecting their sexual deviancy on goys
Nothing new there sunshine.

That last part is partly true tho, OP.
Every time the aurora borealis is visible I have an urge to cum on feet.

However, I always have this urge.. so maybe it has nothing to do with sexy space lights

imagine being this retarded

imagine being you

Let's say all those diagnoses are right, what's the remedy for all of them?

Time-travel back to the 16th century and kill literally every intellectual in Western Europe. Isn't it obvious?

>Marxist and Freudian interpretations are never wrong

/thread

t. chonky

the use of the word "hard" reveals user's repressed homosexual desire for hard cocks

>Marx and Freud are the worst thing to happen to literature
They did nothing to Literature. Literature doesn't reside in its criticism.

>shove in their own views
>shove in

Attached: Freud.png (615x561, 270K)

Nevertheless, I declare you a faggot, based on strong personal conviction

This but unironically.
Symbolism is subpar. Representation and expression is so far above symbolism there is rarely an excuse to resort to the latter.
As for Op specifically, these interpretations are obviously the most trite bullshit forcing the commentators ideas onto the material. Which would be tolerable if said ideas weren't trash like sexual obsession or envy-justification.

Attached: D-UwBaBW4AAjElE.jpg (680x674, 46K)

Fuck roasties

Based and autism pilled

I read enough to know it's complete crap. And don't even get me started on Lacan

>all symbols represent my modern marxist-freudian interpretation of the world
ok retard

text based analytics were a mistake and no one seems to realise

marx and freud are ok, literary critics are a plague

Critical theory is far worse imo. Had to read the Tempest in uni. Girl in my class went on a tirade about how "problematic" it was that Prospero enslaved Caliban.
>bitch hes a literal monster who tried to rape Prospero's daughter.

Honey, love wins in the end, he's just misunderstood.

Suck on my death of the author, motherfucker. All textual interpretations are correct! All of them!

All of critical theory is garbage. It's literally just looking for things that don't exist and making things up to say it does.
>hurr durr the author choose to describe her as wearing a blue shirt, that's symbolic of the character being secretly gay
No it fucking doesn't. I hate this shit so much. I can't take it seriously

this girl is so beautiful damn it

not for you

Freud was fucking retarded. Jung wasnt though. Read Jung if you want actual psychoanalytic criticism of literature.

Holy shit I laughed hard. Great answer.

i know i can never be with a woman, but damn shes really perfect