Who's the final boss of philosophy?

Who's the final boss of philosophy?

Attached: 156687844929124093.jpg (500x678, 199K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RECuQaaGGfA
youtu.be/fiaWsgtJrNI
discord.gg/zvhahty
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Science

The one that makes you throw the book across the room and say “I quit. This is stupid. I’m done”

Kant and Hegel, both final bosses with different endings.

Me with Maldoror.

I somehow both despise this reply and completely agree.
Too real, user. Fuck you.

Lao

Attached: 30D51E8D-C7C1-4B5E-A4DD-8432CA09522B.jpg (330x470, 119K)

Philosophy unironically started and ended with Aristotle. Everything before him is pipe dream fairy tales and everything after him is just (failed) attempts to refute him.

Plato if it's a JRPG

this dingus

Attached: índice.jpg (274x184, 6K)

Kill yourself, whore.

car accident yourself please

after you faggott

Moses

Attached: 1-moses-smashing-the-tablets-of-the-law-rembrandt.jpg (601x900, 138K)

camus deserves some love

Attached: 9emAxDj.jpg (225x225, 20K)

Attached: 1299617071037.jpg (239x229, 15K)

People are reading the logical empiricists (I hope).

this

Stay in lowly places friend.

Attached: h5_1973.121.4.jpg (894x400, 80K)

That's the tutorial boss.

the tutorial boss who appears in their final form at the end of the game

Yourself

Deleuze

The passions are the first and final obstacle between us and a true embrace of wisdom.

the final form of the science tutorial boss is nietzsche who is democritus postivist that reject science : )

Jordan Peterson

And that Glass Jaw character from Punch-Out was a great boxer

That's exactly one of my ex did after reading too much of him.

There is no final boss because the game never ends. Every boss becomes more difficult and more horrifying as time goes on, and every time you think to yourself "surely, this the last one, it can't get any more bleak", but it does. It never ends.

Attached: kafka on writing.jpg (1400x2081, 1.22M)

You start with Plato, you read the other philosophers through history who criticise his works or criticise critique of his works only to find yourself back at Plato once you've finished in order to finally defeat him with the powers you've found. Only then can you start thinking for yourself.

So all the philosopher except the most influential recent one have been wrong.
Ergo the most influential recent philospher is most likely wrong.
Find a flaw in this logic.

How could you feel this way about maldoror?
Its a book of sublime beauty and revelation imo,
even if you dont agree the book is still entertaining

His own person is the final boss each man must face. -- me

philosophy is a projection onto the world with the power to transform it. every philosopher of genius, every philosopher that taps into this power, is simultaneously correct, both past and present

The Final Boss is dead and we have killed it. How we will fill the void of not having anything that motivates us to play? What meaning is left now that we have killed that which gave us meaning? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become Bosses simply to appear worthy of it?

>The Final Boss is dead and we have killed it.
That technically makes us the final boss now

Nietzsche is more like the sub-boss of sophistry

Attached: 02f.jpg (655x527, 59K)

>Try your luck, worm.

Attached: 35._Portrait_of_Wittgenstein.jpg (405x563, 27K)

Based

The linguistic turn.

Attached: D9xTVTLXsAAFRka.jpg (1024x686, 31K)

Currently it’s Badiou, Laruelle, and Sloterdijk on the continent. In the Anglo world it depends on the field, but I’d say David Lewis is the last universally recognized major thinker. Phil of Mind, science, and politics will have there own answers.

you're forgetting Kripke

Parmenides. All other answers are embarrassing

Look at your hands.

But seriously, we have barely started to come to terms with Deleuze’s innovations in Difference and Repetition, let alone Badiou’s Being and Event.
Badiou’s more recent work barely has any critical work done on it at all. Like there are flat out zero long commentaries on Logics of Worlds. Also if you read french and want an easy PhD, be the first person to write anything on Badiou latest big book.

why is there still doubt in your heart?

I don’t think so, unless he has a ton of earth shattering material unpublished, or recently published. The most important aspects of Kripke’s thought have all become totally hegemonic in analytical philosophy. I said David Lewis bc I think people are still grappling with the implication of his Metaphysics.

I’d also add the latter-day Sellars followers, like McDowell and Brandom might represent the current cutting edge also.

If Meillassoux‘s magnum opus is all it’s made out to be, he might be the new final boss, but I doubt it

God

>this
from Plato, to the German idealists, to the postmodernists and neo-Marxists, every time some retarded anti-Aristotelian gets their theory proven wrong they sperg out and blame reality itself.
>am I wrong? no no, reality itself is the problem

What's the point of philosophy of regular ol' people can live and die happily without it?

if*

Attached: Portrait-Of-Georg-Wilhelm-Friedrich-Hegel-1770-1831.jpg (1024x1001, 141K)

*teleports behind you* what does it mean to live and die happily? *pushes up glasses with middle finger and they do the anime lens flare thing* sorry nothing personal kid.

Me.

But philosophy is science, user

What's the meaning of having directions to where you're going if you can accidentally stumble to the correct place?

God-AI

>Strauss's position rests on the assumption that there is no rational or objective foundation for "revelation". If it is true, however, that an evolutionary understanding of "revelation" reveals Biblical monotheism as an evolutionary step towards postbiological evolution, and that the image of God may be fulfilled by an artificial intelligence that becomes the most intelligent life form on Earth, then the conflict between reason and revelation is exploded in the possibility of the God-philosopher. God-AI would have the potential to be the greatest philosopher ever known.

Attached: singularity scale of intelligence.jpg (736x233, 41K)

Attached: chad rationalist.jpg (2047x788, 256K)

I read the Phenomenology of the Spirit in my freshman year to impress my professor in one of my philosophy classes. I tried asking if self-consciousness arises from a synthesis between yourself and an other's perspective of yourself. He said that I think like a "literal cartoon". I still haven't recovered from that experience.

Attached: 1563385595159.jpg (992x975, 113K)

based professor

don't take it to heart user philosophy professors are literally the most pretentious human beings

the Torah is utterly aphilosophical

Holy FUCKING shit. YOU?

You guys. You guys. The final boss of philosophy is ITT. It's this guy.

This guy is the one. :3

hahahaha

You're damn right baby boy. I have the answers to the tangle knot. The unanswered Alexander the Great of our time.

>I tried asking if self-consciousness arises from a synthesis between yourself and an other's perspective of yourself. He said that I think like a "literal cartoon".
It is a literal cartoon. It's literally in the anime "Neon Genesis Evangelion". I think like episode 20 or something, I forget. It's actually a perfectly valid point of view. Your professor is gay, and needs to read some Heidegger.

Yeah it's in the episide 25 or 26, nice psychological anime but the christian and jewish symbolism sucks ass

But it's about fighting Angels of God. It's literally gnostic. It's based as fuck. Basically about humanity gaining independence from the divine authorities and building its own civilization.

Also it was earlier than episode 25/26. I'm just watching the show now for the first time and I haven't gotten there yet. I'm talking about when Shinji has those visions when he merges with his Eva and he is told that the image of him that exists in other people is a real version of him. Very Heideggerian, similar to his notion of "making present".

What can change the nature of man?

Land

The total re-va;luatuon of values, The rebirth of man in man. The total forgiveness and eternal redemption of the mind of man within man.The wish of man to be better than man, to sacrifice, to struggle for that which transcends, to exert in the name of beauty and truth at the expense of all else.

Time

God

Unlocked after beating Freud, Marx, Heidegger, Hegel, Saussure, and Spinoza only to find out he misread all of them.

Attached: Lacan2.jpg (370x270, 12K)

Weeb here, you're thinking of Episode 16.

also Levi-Strauss. Maybe Kojeve too. Did I forget anyone?

I don't see anything inherently wrong with asking that question. Your professor seems like a dick but that's to be expected.

Jordan Peterson's lectures arfe of tremendous intellectual value. It's a bit strange that a psychologist should delve into such domains. But he is no fool. It is no mystery why he appeals to tens of thousands. More power to him, may he continue to speak his truth despite the howling shrieks of cowardly feminism and all the other lies of our time.

This professor's wife probably screams for him to recite Being and Nothingness to her during sex, hence he feels cucked by Sartrean ontology and probably took it out on you user

Attached: 449.jpg (305x479, 132K)

It's the tranny butterfly

reality of course you silly

Attached: neildegrassetyson.jpg (2000x1333, 283K)

It's the first anime I've seen. It's really good. Are there any others that come close to this level of quality and depth, or is it all downhill from here?

Faggot

Attached: >science.png (1298x1308, 427K)

Wittgenstein

>We were the final boss all along

Does this mean the only winning move is suicide

Watch Psycho-Pass & Ergo Proxy. After that it's all down hill from there.

You are talking out of your fucking ass.
This is about reality, not about inspiring each other to cry into each other's bitchboy eyes.

You're a fucking retard.
Ghost in the Shell (1995).
Then watch seasons 1 and 2.

Kiss my ass. I don't need to inspire you.

That's not what it is about. Like at all. You could subsitute the angels for regular aliens which in fact they are and it doesn't change a thing. If Evangelion is gnostic then I'm the fucking buddha.

Ergo Proxy, Haibane Renmei. Also

>all these idiots saying post-classical philosophers

Attached: trashstanza.jpg (640x640, 22K)

Hegel.
Leibniz is the protagonist that ends up stomping on everyone else.

your own self

Top kek, Yea Forums tries to comment on serious authors but is incapable of getting Evangelion.
The 'angels' have absolutely nothing to do with god, it's a name they gave to some ayyy lmao trying to take over the planet in a rivalry with another group of ayyy who gave birth to humans. Naming is based purely on the rule of cool.

Forgot to add the anime is quite explicitly anti-gnostic. Instrumentality is not a good thing.

witnessed

Attached: lenin.jpg (750x563, 136K)

Getting a job.

You posted him.

last level is intense, you fight through the Realm of Divine Taoist thought, only for this guy to show up and haul Dynamite at you nonstop. Very intense twist that you actually have to get your self killed through the dynamite as to come up victoriously against Nietzsche.

As if writing isn't a job.

Attached: 1562016486344.gif (290x194, 2.67M)

Attached: Adi Shankara.jpg (705x958, 457K)

lmao

As someone who knows only a little of Gnosticism and is overdue for a rewatch of Eva, could you please explain what you mean fren?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-28 00-christ-the-good-shepherd-20-04-15 jpg (JPEG Image, 1600 × 2080 pixels) - S (643x836, 1.51M)

Based and cringe

Read Deleuze

btfo by Guenon

How exactly lmao? Would give it to you more had u say Land, bud how Guenon

they stated that the symbolism is completly meaningless and that they just added it because "other mechas didnt" to try to differentiate itself. Also he was obviously reading jung at the time so some of that might of bled through.

>Everything is made out of water
>Consciousness is located in a gland in the middle of the brains
>Everything is made out of souls
>Everything is one soul
>We have proven god's existence in 420 different ways
Truly, classical philosophers were unrivaled minds

To clarify, I assume that by classical you meant pre-19th century, not just the greeks and the romans.
If you did, this is even more hilarious

BASED AND BLESSED

embarrassing post

No one will ever come close, everyone is either plain wrong or full of esoteric bullshit

Attached: 1567000340717.jpg (831x1008, 287K)

and I suppose all the references to the Dead Sea Scrolls were completely accidental?

triggered pseud

Instrumentality is the pleroma. EoE is a rejection of the pleroma

They have no Gnostic content in the show. EoE ends as a (begrudging) affirmation of individuation and corporeity, not a rejection

Don't watch Ergo Proxy, it's garbage.
There are a few anime with philosophical themes but they are often presented in a shallow manner and not explored since the commercial format isn't ideal for in-depth philosophy. Ping Pong the Animation is nice, but it's the same as I described.

>what i didn't understand is garbage

Good job user.

Ergo Proxy, Lain, Angel's Egg, Texhnolyze.

>he said it's shit so he didn't get it
Yes, of course. What else could have happened?
Ergo Proxy is trash for teenagers. It is not philosophical, it merely pretends to be so it can complement the show's boring aesthetics.

Lain is nice. Angel's Egg also, though it probably isn't user's cup of tea.

Attached: 1552647026028.png (273x274, 41K)

>Ergo Proxy

Hmm let's see user, the entire show makes references to Carl Jung, Rene Descartes, Monad(Leibniz), Monad(Gnosticism), Neoplatonism, Christian mythology, Greek mythology, Shakespeare, The Renaissance(Da Vinci, Michel Angelo), Hermesticism, The Tarot, Numerology, The Trivium, The brain hemispheres(Neuroscience), Sanskrit cosmology, Esoteric symbolism, And Much more.

How many of those things are you familiar, or have read a single bit of? Zero? Got it, you didn't understand, At All.

Attached: Ergo.gif (498x303, 1.78M)

God, Soren Kierkegaard

Are you one of those guys who say Evangelion is ledeep because of abrahamic symbolism? Philosophical and cultural references do not create philosophical content. If that were the case you could just have recommend Berserk or anything of the sort, which is clearly not what user is looking for. If Ergo Proxy is o so deep "you probably didn't get it", let's see what you have got out of it. So?

>Are you one of those guys who say Evangelion is ledeep because of abrahamic symbolism?
No, in fact, I never watched Evangelion.
>Philosophical and cultural references do not create philosophical content.
What does it then?
> If Ergo Proxy is o so deep "you probably didn't get it", let's see what you have got out of it. So?
I was Correct when I said you haven't read any of the references and material the shows offers.
Since that's the case, tell me, what is it that you didn't understand from the show, any specific question is valid, I'll try to answer it.
What is it that you didn't get from the show?

Attached: ergoproxyart8.jpg (397x604, 63K)

How exactly is Neoplatonism relevant to the show and what its trying to say?

>he doesn’t think Evangelion is deep

Attached: E9A760D5-533F-4601-922F-3DC7115CC2E3.jpg (1125x785, 445K)

>What does it then?
The exploration of themes, not the mentioning or allusion of them. That is, the author's commentary on certain philosophical subjects and the meaning they have in the context of the narrative and characters presented.
>I was Correct when I said you haven't read any of the references and material the shows offers.
You weren't, you moron. I didn't respond to your retard assumptions because I'm making an argument, not defending my ego. You can think whateaver the fuck you want, it doesn't make your animu less shit.
>What is it that you didn't get from the show?
There is nothing I didn't get from Satou Dai's intentions as far as I'm concerned. You are yet to make a point instead of assumptions and projections. It really shows that you have nothing to say when all you do is underplaying the person you're talking to.

Jojo is gay

Dubs of Dharma

Attached: 1274709871638_copy_107[1].png (259x249, 7K)

Is well known the show is filled with Gnostic references, and because of that, it ultimately borrows Neoplatonism, since Gnosticism borrowed elements from Neoplatonism.
The most obvious one is the concept of Monad/Nous(The Microcosm), at the beginning of the show we see a Poem of Michelangelo who also was a Neoplatonist and was part of the Platonic Academy (Florence).
We also see how the necklace of the protagonist has the number One.
Saying what is trying to say alone is difficult when you do not include all the other elements of the show, but pretty much is the Thoughts, Emotions and Actions(The One, the Spirit, The Soul) or Trivium. And that is personified as the protagonists of the show.

>The exploration of themes
Already done in the show.
>You weren't
You have no idea of any of the references I told you, thus my point still stand and I'm Correct.
>There is nothing I didn't get from Satou Dai's intentions as far as I'm concerned.
Ad Hominem, Goodbye, and calm down a bit won't ya? Little boy.

Rhetoric

If you think Plato is wrong you haven't even begun to think for yourself.

Attached: dd2npl9-941c0602-47c3-479b-ab5f-222d1ebc3f11.png (692x878, 143K)

>Already done in the show.
Not really.
>Ad Hominem
That's what you have been doing the whole time, and also not what I did there.
>muh references
As I said more than once before, references and allusions are not philosophical content. You are yet to touch on this point. Still waiting for you to say what you have got out of the show too.

>Carl Jung, Rene Descartes, Monad(Leibniz), Monad(Gnosticism), Neoplatonism, Christian mythology, Greek mythology, Shakespeare, The Renaissance(Da Vinci, Michel Angelo), Hermesticism, The Tarot, Numerology, The Trivium, The brain hemispheres(Neuroscience), Sanskrit cosmology, Esoteric symbolism, And Much more.

You know Zero of any of these, why you keep coping, you aren't going anywhere. Ever.

Attached: Thomaspainer.jpg (1200x640, 78K)

explain

Jesus christ you fucking hippy

Unsure if elaborate bait or if you're just retarded. Yes, I'm familiar with Jung, Descartes, neoplatonism, christian and greek mythology, tarot, and specially the renaissance, since it's one of the things that I study. Is that the ego answer, completely irrelevant to the discussion, that you wanted? I'll refrain from this debate until you stop refusing to explain what you got out of the show.

Interesting. I'll watch it.

>List of (many dubious) allusions
>Ignoring user's point that allusions to philosophy don't indicate philosophical content

I like Eva too, but don't give it too much credit

No, we are talking about Ergo Proxy.

>Michel Angelo
You clearly don't know them either.

Attached: 1562613887348.jpg (382x357, 20K)

>Yes, I'm familiar with Jung, Descartes, neoplatonism, christian and greek mythology, tarot, and specially the renaissance, since it's one of the things that I study.

All you had to do was ask a question, in relation to the show. If you are so "familiar" with those themes.
But I'm seems is easier to just say the show is "trash" and not elaborate any further, right? Since you understood it completely, am I right?

Attached: ergoproxypino4.gif (544x302, 1.17M)

I'm human too.

I've elaborated enough. It's your turn to either address my points or fuck off.

Is all the symbols, you see. Even the episode you think is pointless. Is filled with them.

>the show is trash because i said so
>elaborated

Aha. Sure. Calm down.

My bad. Haven't watched yet so can't say much more, but the point still stands. In my experience anime (and fiction in general) is peak continental philosophy; it gets intellectual clout with lots of allusions but without argumentation or real engagement.

Religion.

Plato, Aristotle, Ockham, Butler.

>In my experience anime (and fiction in general) is peak continental philosophy; it gets intellectual clout with lots of allusions but without argumentation or real engagement.
That's true, but that's not to diminish their value. It's just that, from a narrative standpoint, themes are the lowest priority in terms of the mass audience's interests. It's not viable - specially for animation - to make compromises that would stray the work further from financial viability. They still can be enjoyable and provide intetesting questions, however. Nothing beats philosophy books in terms of philosophy, naturally, it's just that it feels nice to see that the author cares about what he's inserting in the narrative.

You claim that you know these people when you don't even know their names?

Attached: 1565485221095.jpg (400x226, 13K)

Michelangelo, Miguel Angel, Michel Angelo, Miguel Angelo. I know spanish, is merely an easy twist to me.

It's Michelangelo, what the fuck are you talking about?

Yeah I know, and Michel is hebrew and Angelo is greek, all names have linguistic variations.
You probably know one language, you wouldn't understand.

Kant leads to the good ending

It seems like it does diminish their intellectual value. And I seems like it's bad for a fictional work to front as more intellectual than it is.
Nothing wrong with a show being created primarily for popular entertainment value. But if the intellectual elements are there only to make it more entertaining, then it's just pseudo-intellectual.
Seems to me a good work of popular fiction should stick to saying something simple and obviously true.

>i can't into allegories the post

Attached: Platocave.jpg (1055x979, 344K)

classic literature is the shadows on the cave wall, and anime is the sunlight in the world above. prove me wrong

There is no such thing as "classic literature" nor "anime". Prove me wrong.

Attached: GiordanoBruno9.jpg (850x440, 91K)

Science is a branch of empiricist philosophy
Prove me wrong
Can't say who the final boss is, but the first major boss is Aristotle for sure

(A) The republic is not a work of popular fiction (i.e. a fictional work made primarily to entertain a popular audience). (B) The entertaining elements serve the intellectual elements.

This is the reverse of what I was talking about.

but user, we must imagine the whore happy

How can I disprove the truth?

Based. Philosophy used to be useful but now we have somethings even better... it’s called SCIENCE. Even the best philosophers of our generation like Sam Harris know that philosophy is losing the ability to answer meaningful questions.

Attached: E5062069-CEFC-408C-916A-DFEBD52D5885.jpg (220x349, 16K)

Is still "fiction", user. Doesn't matter if you want to add that is made with a purpose to entertain and audience or not. Allegories take form in Everything.

Attached: platothemythofEr.jpg (638x479, 70K)

For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

Attached: Luca Giordano - 'The Dream of Solomon'.jpg (1630x1124, 318K)

She didn't learn a single shit then

Now you're turning this to me?

Attached: 1562078530514.png (500x522, 103K)

Science and philosophy are the antithesis and thesis of knowledge in the Fichtean sense. Only via synthesis can be truly ascend as human beings; the subjects are complementary and necessitate each other.

The most difficult philosophers to combat when attempting to enter the realm of philosophical, intellectual rigor are Aristotle and Kant: Aristotle as one's typical attempt to refute him ends with a reformulation of his work and Kant because his rigor and depth are unparalleled to this day

Make way

Attached: 1C0A080F-736E-4FF7-8D14-8C075F814D9B.jpg (300x401, 25K)

Stirner

Hermes Trismegistus

This man

Attached: images (72).jpg (295x214, 9K)

Hegel and Kant are tutorial bosses.

>it's actually a perfectly valid point of view
it's utterly not.

>Jordan Peterson's lectures arfe of tremendous intellectual value.
severe yikes. can't expect anyone with more than two neurons to read past that, user.

>Everything is one soul
hit.
>Everything is made out of souls
>We have proven god's existence in 420 different ways
miss.

but, are we really supposed to see ikari's choices in EoE as correct? or are they another result of his fundamental weakness of character

>>Philosophical and cultural references do not create philosophical content.
>What does it then?
excuse me?

>commentary on the atomic bomb is necessarily deep

>It's just that, from a narrative standpoint, themes are the lowest priority in terms of the mass audience's interests. It's not viable - specially for animation - to make compromises that would stray the work further from financial viability.
the best anime don't have to make this compromise though, and that's really how the bar is set.

I don't get it either.

disgusting.

>Even the best philosophers of our generation like Sam Harris
you must be joking.

>Science and philosophy are the antithesis and thesis of knowledge in the Fichtean sense.
How?

Women

How can science be empiricist when it's dogmatic as hell against results they don't like?

It took them 100 years to accept epigenetics. They are still burying their head in the sand regarding ESP.

It's not anti-gnostic. It accepts all the gnostic premises, but doesn't agree with the conclusions of some gnostic factions (admittedly, the most popular ones)

Water was an allegory for the feminine principle, not literal H2O

no...it wasn't? source?

Aristotle, Physics

>he doesn’t see the brilliance of Sam Harris.
Lol brainlet

>he doesn't see the sophistry inherent in Sam Harris
lmao brainlet

You posted him. He literally had it all figured out, were just to weak and insecure to explore his ideas.

In centuries to come he wont be regarded as a philosophy, but as a prophet.

I mean, he's right slightly more times than a broken clock, maybe, but he's not an impressive contemporary thinker by any means. Goddamn Contrapoints unironically has more interesting shit to say than Harris does.

chapter and line?

Attached: serveimage-4.jpg (737x1024, 319K)

Those dogmatists aren't scientists, they're religious fanatics in another skin. A scientist upholds the scientific method, which is the peak expression of epistemological empiricism.

I think you’re the same user that I had an incredibly long winded conversation with like 4 months ago where I typed 3 part posts explaining how Anno presents shinji’s decision as being moral. You can’t use evangelion to say the pleroma is good because it’s inconsistent with the content of the show. Basically, everyone in the show suffered so much because they desired instrumentality instead of actually connecting with each other, and instrumentality fails to address the fundamental problems each of the characters have by making it impossible for them to attain the acceptance that they wanted, which is only possible through connection

Not correct, only as the recognition he has no other choices available to him. Individuation and the pleroma repel Shinji simultaneously. That's why he cries at the end: the high of his newfound, post-instrumentality commitment to life evaporates as soon as he's back in his body.

The final boss is God. And you submit having realized this mercy

PLEASE learn what humor is you fucking boomer

From the New World is like half as good in terms of depth but it's got great worldbuilding

youtu.be/RECuQaaGGfA

>ends philosophy with a 2-page tract and btfos hegel before he wrote down a single word

Attached: 460px-IG_Nast_-_Friedrich_Hölderlin_(Pencil_1788).png (460x599, 174K)

Dilate

Attached: A068269E-A31C-4BCE-BFAE-47EF0BFF02E9.jpg (300x288, 23K)

based boomerdyke

nah, I'm not the user you think. I really hate NGE, and I get annoyed by people who think it had anything "deep" or interesting to say.

Many people don't like EoE because it explicitly says that collectivism is death. That fact has always amused me much. Frankly I don't know of much else that says this and I'd love to be proven wrong.

>I suppose all the references to the Dead Sea Scrolls were completely accidental?
Accidental, no. But not meaningful either.
Show's director explicitly said he included those references because they sounded rad. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Camus is more like the tutorial boss of philosophy. The final boss his is true form: nihilism.

Attached: jaden-smith_jpg_1200x0_crop_q85.jpg (960x580, 66K)

>Frankly I don't know of much else that says this and I'd love to be proven wrong.
Literally everyone of relevance in the history of philosophy, excluding pseuds like hegel or manes of course. For writers that spend autistic amount on the subject you have Augustine, Duns Scot, Leibniz.

nietzhe

why is camus hated on lit

berserk shows the price of failure when your ambition is too high

Because he doesn't yield much to mentally jerk yourself off to.

ye you just go into ng+

yea you're right philosophy is like a shitty video game

me
that is to say,
Me.

Yourself.

>Texhnolyze
Really good one but hard to get through the first few eps.

autism

Markus Gabriel is probably the greatest living philosopher that had his breakthrough.

Cows are happy grazing in their fields. Pigs are happy rolling in their own shit. Happiness was never the point, friend.

Obligatory: youtu.be/fiaWsgtJrNI

Attached: 198384.jpg (217x337, 16K)

Pyrrho or Nagarjuna

Attached: pyrrho.jpg (188x273, 12K)

your self

watch lain and steins gate. maybe you wont like steins gate, its not all that philosophical, but very emotional and thought provoking

>greatest living philosopher
>Markus Gabriel
That's not Luciano Floridi, you sure you didn't make a typo, user?

Science subsumes too small a subset of philosophy to be a final hurdle, a true final hurdle to any topic is one which encompasses the entire set of concepts and amalgamates them into a single essence, a pure actualisation.

It's obviously The Hungry Caterpillar.

Chapter seven, verse 3.

No wonder this board never has any meaningful discussion when people are actually discussing anime

What cannot be consumed by the hungry caterpillar? Was it not Zhuangzi who said it even consumed his dreams!?

>hit
You are a special kind of retarded, aren't you?

Where to start with Wyndham Lewis' non-fiction?

discord.gg/zvhahty

no, he is

Attached: eeee.png (660x868, 834K)

Science if philosophy*
ftfy

The final battle of philosophy has always been God vs nihilism

Ayn Rand is an individualist twat who's books are classic anti-commy dystopian garbage. Btw, the odds are she didnt write her own novels, and she really wasnt a philoso... this is bait isnt it

The true final boss

Plato. He comes across as your friendly guide in the tutorial area at the beginning, but in the final level he reveals himself as having been pulling all the strings of philosophy all along, and is thus the final boss.

Attached: plato.jpg (800x1200, 211K)

have sex

honestly he's like the tutorial boss / side character that is revealed to be the final boss from the start in some weird plottwist

Good now hurry up and do that with Yea Forums butterfly!

The final boss is realising that the world is a constant tussle between the Apollonian and Dionysian, and always has been.

None have been more eloquent in expressing this to the layman than Nietzsche, but that in itself doesn't make ''him'' the final boss, merely the clarion call of such metaphysical realities.

Nihilism...

uh, that's one of the foundational premises of all western thought.

wow, you know nothing of contemporary neuroscience don't you. stay golden, Yea Forums

Just when you think you got everything figured out, the rest of the world is revealed to you.

Attached: Confucius.png (800x1083, 1.96M)

Chalmers is final boss of mind right now, for sure.

Attached: i-28.jpg (1095x1424, 247K)

kek

I literally minored in neuroscience, you dumb fuck, that's why I am angry.
What encourage you to come to an image-board and post about subjects you know literally nothing about?

love this

I agree with every one of these statements.

Unequivocally based and astonishingly redpilled

The Five Great Teachers.

Attached: five-teachers-melsm.jpg (1024x707, 336K)

Which book?

Attached: 1552522376837.png (182x277, 3K)

I would say you should read a book on neuroscience, or on logic, given that some of those statements are contradictory.
But I unironically think you should seek help for your mental problems.

No one has already said this
>fpbp
/thread
My superior user

Job?

based retard