Itt my opinions on books i've never read

Tell me the titles of books I've never read and I will give you my opinion on them. My opinions are final, definitive, and irrevocable. Every pronouncement I make in this thread has a canonical status, and will be memorized by school children for centuries to come. Fiction and Non-fiction submissions are both acceptable.

Attached: acd8b438e984d46794d3e0c86bc0f2cc.jpg (950x1187, 233K)

War and Peace

Ulysses

Attached: sirens.jpg (944x632, 86K)

Ready Player One

The Shadow of the Sun

Kierkegaard's Fear and Trembling

In Milton Lumky Territory

War and Peace, formerly attributed to Tolstoy, but subsequently discovered to have been ghostwritten by Malcom X and telepathically transmitted across time, is a novel depicting the struggle of a cult of Heraclitean philosopher-poets to assert themselves as a force of political power against backdrop of Moscow during the deadly winter of 1825. Natasya Freedikolnya's discovery of the cult while freezing to death on the outskirts of the city was the highlight of the text. The overall message of the text seems to be one of despair and uninhibited sexual license. Mediocre over all.
Ulysess by James Joyce is a novel about finding love in all the wrong places. Ulyssia, the novel's titular heroine, has recently divorced her balding, 5'8" husbando, Lex Luthor. Her dalliances with Chad Pennington open her up to surrealist mystical visions experienced in moments of ecstatic orgasmic delight. Most of the novel revolves around the content of these visions. A very obscure text, but one that would benefit from additional scholarly exegesis. Some suspect that James Joyce was mad when he wrote it, and that it should not be considered a proper part of his oeuvre, but such a view does not sufficiently take stock of the "death of the author", and I believe the text should be studied for its own merits or lack thereof.

The Karamazov Brothers, Ready Karamazov, Player Karamazov, and One Karamazov, are the fulcrum of this classic science fiction space opera. Essentially Three Stooges in space, but littered with deep philosophical reflection a la Carlyle's Sartus Retardus or however the fuck you spell that shit. When One Karamazov bonks Ready Karamazov on the head with a space-wrench during a standard intergalactic trade voyage, Ready experiences a moment of Zen-esque satori leading to an influx of technoscientific insight. He uses his newfound enlightenment to create new bonking devices, which leads to an escalation in the inter-fraternal bonk-on-head wars. The novel ends inconclusively, suggesting the age old wisdom that conflict only leads to more conflict.
Already read it, sorry

>The Karamazov Brothers, Ready Karamazov, Player Karamazov, and One Karamazov,

Attached: 1545999591750.jpg (539x566, 29K)

A an extended pastoral poem in which the milking of cows acts as a metaphor for Bush Sr. administration. The cows teets, which seem to be without number, are described in detail, and have been interpreted as stand-in's for real life figures, some historical, others known to the other himself, in a manner that is in some ways comparable to Dante's Divine comedy. The first tit, which is described as a mustachioed strongman, most likely representing Sadam Hussein, gives no milk, which leads the anonymous narrator to plaintively evoke the sacred Muse-Within-The-Cow and begin his direful song. An important twentieth century contribution to pastoral political allegory. 9/10 would read again.

Keep the Giraffe Burning

lonesome dove

Grail-Diving in Shangrilla with the World's Last Mime

A series of philosophical fragments, in the presocratic style, that take the form of Koan-esque paradoxes. The first paradox is as follows:
"The sun cast his shadow
and that shadow was the light"
This paradox was discovered by the author, Fred Johsnon-Washington-Harvey-De La Plaza, scrawled onto a urinal in a public restroom in Dusseldorf. The overall gist of these pithy aphorisms seems to be that knowledge and ignorance are mutually reinforcing principles, that knowledge is a form of ignorance, that is, ignorance of the opposite proposition, and ignorance is a form of knowledge, a unique state of being which is lost when a certain knowledge enters the picture obscuring what was an authentic state, the state of knowing-ignorance, in its own right. The author died of AIDS before he could begin the second part in which the theory would be more clearly elaborated.

The text is believed to be original source for the myth of the Wicker Man. In the Kalahari desert, a tribe of uncivilized savages were known to sacrifice their firstborn children to a giant effigy of a giraffe-god, Keembakatulih'yakweeto, and his concubine, the hippopotamus-godess, Shiwaka. This text can hardly be considered literature, and is more comparable to an African voodoo grimoire, relating specific instructions on how to maximize the benefits of child-sacrifice through various herbs and spices that the cruel giraffe-god finds pleasing. For example, one who wished to see his enemies dead is enjoined to sprinkle paprika and pepper on his child's feet and hands, evidently a metaphor for rendering the actions (hands-feet) of one's enemies incapable. The text is in a rather savage metrical style.

Attached: NoMLB.jpg (273x400, 42K)

Rainer Maria Rilke, is a novel by The Notebooks of Malte Laurids Brigge. It revolves around the story of Rainer "Rain Man" Rilke, an autistic savant who lives in the total seclusion of a garden shed while his ancestral home stands in state of complete disrepair, and his love affair with his house keeper, Maria, who is hired at the beginning of the novel by his estranged aunt who becomes concerned for the state of the ancestral manor. The author, The Notebooks of Malte Laurids Brigge, was known, herself, to be an autistic savant, and the novel is generally considered to be at least partly autobiographical.

Lonesome Dove is the posthumous title of the collected blogposts of I

The Sot-Weed Factor

>Grail-Diving in Shangrilla with the World's Last Mime
Autobiographical memoir of Julio Cortez-Villaflor, the founder of the Corona beer company. Unsurprisingly, the recipe of the beer was accidentally discovered when he woke up one morning with a hangover and accidentally poured one of his bedside piss-bottles into a half empty cup of Budweiser. A thoroughly uninteresting biography about an individual of no historical significance.

Hadrian the Seventh

A fictional study of the Sot-Weed factor, the inverse corollary of the Dunning-Kruger effect. Essentially, intellectual knowledge hampers one's capacity for visceral dasein, a sensuous knowing-by-not-knowing. Thus, intellectually "advanced" individuals have only a shadowy inkling of the true character of sense impression, of the feeling of living in the world and among others, and due to their lack of comprehension regarding sense experience cannot appreciate the wisdom-of-not-knowing experienced by the ignorant. Furthermore, their intellectual capacities lead them to assert their superiority in other domains for which they are not qualified. This text was highly influential on "The Shadow of the Sun. Some say the author of this book, Marcus Garvey (no relation to the Jamaican figure), was the one who scrawled the verses on the urinal in Dusseldorf mentioned in the post above.

Hadrian the Seventh is a fanfiction by deviantart user Hadrianfanforlyfe. It is his proposed sequel to the sixth book in the Hadrian series of novels which are largely drawn from the "furry subculture". The novel is too horrific to describe, and should be consigned to total destruction by public book burning.

>fictional
nonfictional*

Not too far off from the real thing desu

These are rather bad descriptions, but I guess they serve as writing practice for you. Maybe.

I'm bored, and you're probably right

How To Read A Book

Nice post OP :^)

Based

Yeah, I don't understand the point of this thread.

The Dwarf by Par Lagerkvist