Why do Millennials fawn over this shit? I do not get it, perhaps because I am “nerdy” as they like to say

Why do Millennials fawn over this shit? I do not get it, perhaps because I am “nerdy” as they like to say

Attached: 6E8A23B0-586C-40D2-8811-669963BE4AD0.jpg (750x909, 745K)

didn't you just do this thread?
yes, we all hate HP, it's derivative and cliched.
can we ever talk about stuff we like, or would that make us too vulnerable?

No I am asking specifically why Millennials and apparently all Millennials seem to like this series, I am genuinely curious, I do not care so much for the series’ merits, but what it is that attracts Millennials to it. Probably because it is a magical world where they get stuff without working for it lol

It's basically childhood nostalgia. If you talk to people who never got into it as a kid, you'll find they have no real attachment to it.

It's the quintessential YA series that set the template for many derivative copycats. That made it extremely popular.

>Why do Millennials fawn over this shit?
It was the first YA series they ever read, and often times the only one they read.

For me, I read Terry Pratchett as a child, so I praise his books. However, I have the ability to find flaws in his work; Millennial's can't seem to do that with HP.

>Easy to project wishes and insecurities to due to school setting
>Protagonist bland enough to self-insert as
>VERY flattering portrayal of women
>Rowling's magic is an easy power fantasy because it involves no work or training. The most Harry is ever told to do is "Want it harder"
>Irresponsibly black-and-white view of morality
>Houses and patronuses allows "customization". Milennials love this shit (Team Iron Man, House Stark, Jedi/Sith, Edward and Jacob, etc.)
They like it because there's nothing challenging about it, but the plot is fun and they like the characters. It's like a novelization of a television series.

because all the retarded "flaws" internet warriors find in HP just boil down to "these books are for children." Yes, it's for children and it's very good at being a child's book series. If you changed any of the shit people complain about
>the magic has no logic behind it!
>why don't people abuse magic for personal gain?
>time travel doesn't make any sense!
the series would be lesser for it. Its sense of magic comes from the fact that a certain amount of it is nonsense. It's not art and it never tried to be art. It's an achievement in producing a product that appeals to children. Modern young adults being unable to move on from their childhood is a separate phenomenon.

Nostalgia. I finished the series in 5th grade. These people are brainlets.

I fucking hate Harry Potter so much. I just got home after a small house party where our host made us play Harry Potter trivia quiz and all the other guests agreed because they were vile bugmen. Even my girlfriend wanted to do that because she's read all those turgid books and watched the movies. Later on she got genuinely upset because I knew no answers besides the ones to 2-3 very simple questions. I knew that there was no point in reminding her that I'm only into literary fiction because I'd instantly get booed by those vulgar redditors.

This truly is the most horrid timeline.

Attached: funny frog.jpg (720x696, 56K)

based pasta poster

Based

This, many of my friends got into potter when they were younger than 10 and still care about it, i was a brainlet who just read asterix comics until I was 10 so I have no attachment to Harry Potter, I started reading literature because my parents strongly encouraged me and I’m very glad they did

I think this is true for most people, the people I know who read Pratchett when they were younger went on to somewhat grow out of genre fiction and read actual literature.
The people who read Harry Potter made a half-hearted effort to read books like the great gatsby, the old man and the sea, and of mice and men, essential school-curriculum-core

fpbp

>Asterix
Excellent taste, user

its literally ya fiction meant to be fun and nothing more
this is such a bitter thread
as usual fpbp

Alot of millennials grew up without the Internet and also with those books so it's all we had, idiot.

Then, as when things get too mainstream, gay things happen so you can't even get why it was what it was.

>be asshole online
>notice weak people
>>lol these guys will get my bully on easy XD
>post what they specifically do not like to watch them suffer

It's a sadism thing. You see it constantly and they nicknamed it trolling. Sometimes it's very obvious bait indeed like this one is.

Was a funny thread.

Harry Potter was being heralded as reintroducing reading to the youth after Nintendo and PlayStation completely destroyed the brains of gen X. What's interesting is that in retrospect, looking at book sales and library statistics, reading spiked among young people ONLY in regards to Harry Potter. So when you meet an adult who can't stop relating politics and personal events to Harry Potter you have to keep in mind that Harry Potter is likely the only series of books they have read and loved. It's the only literary frame of reference they have.
The books themselves seem inoffensive enough, Rowling is a boring liberal and her trite ethics are apparent in the book but that's normal for children's literature. Its true achievement was in marketing, and now the rest of us who did not catch the Potter brain virus as children just have to deal with the fallout.

this
blessed post

People grew up with it and the marketing push was huge. I remember even going to see the first film as a school trip in primary school.