>Plato's works
>The Aeneid
>The Bible
>The Divine Comedy
>The Canterbury Tales
>Shakespeare's works
>Paradise Lost
>Ulysses
This is why this board has gone to shit. Everyone just reads genre fiction and Richard Dawkins now.

Attached: 1566588961995.jpg (324x419, 41K)

>Ulysses
>the bible
No thanks
The others are good though

This problem isn't that people here haven't read the canon, but that modern anons don't feel insecure about not having read the canon. When I started posting here I hadn't read any of those works, but I felt bad about it and wanted to read them to catch up with everyone else.

What's stunning about 2019 Yea Forums is that it's more or less entirely lost its culture of elitism. If we're going to improve this place, that's what we'd need to get back.

I have read everything there except Plato. I don't particularly like philosphy..

Dawkins is based though.

>What's stunning about 2019 Yea Forums is that it's more or less entirely lost its culture of elitism
It's funny that you say that because back in december 2018 when we made our 2018 chart and someone posted it Plebbit, people there were calling us elitists because of our tastes and lack of Harry Potter tier fiction. Do you really think we've changed that much in just six or so months?

This is a good list desu. This shouldn't be asking a lot at all.

Dead-on. The only threads interested in the canon anymore are the chart threads. Everyone else just wants to talk about politics under the veil of philosophy and defend the honor of genreshit. I miss the elitism of Bloomposting Yea Forums.

Ha! I just remembered that I’ve never read The Iliad

Is it ok to take brainlet breaks and read some ray bradbury inbetween the big boy books?

ray bradbury is good genre fiction, yes.

How will i ever discuss the Hegelian dialectic without knowledge of matthews gospel?

>anything british
>essential

Lol. Just lol.

The Bible is on the list bro

Seething Mick

This very same thing happened to /my/. Arguably, the music they exalted didn't deserve it but at least there were standards and a shared frame of reference.

Very low bar

I've read all of them and still feel like a massive pleb

Attached: 14247124601.png (658x662, 59K)

my problem with the greeks is that the charts are shit and they recommend modern shit written by women and exclude a lot of the meme books i always see. i figure why even bother if i'm not gonna do it right? the stuff i read has pretty much nothing to do with philosophy, so do i really need to read them? i don't plan on reading hegel or whoever else anyway, i just like literature.

Read them again. After 3 times, you'll be Yea Forums.

OP here, I wasn't sure whether to include Aristotle's works or the Canterbury Tales. I was trying to keep it under 10 titles... I'm leaning toward Aristotle now.

>Modern works all in english
Cringe