Can we get a Protestant Chart Thread?

Can we get a Protestant Chart Thread?

Attached: 76305.png.jpg (700x394, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bookofconcord.org/
pcaac.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/WCFScriptureProofs.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bump

This is a Catholic/Orthodox board. I've never met a Pr*Testant with a triple digit IQ, and I attended a lot of ecumenism events at university.

Attached: 1564692384361.jpg (720x540, 40K)

Attached: cring.png (500x694, 233K)

are you guys still repeating that ol' lie?

Are you gonna talk about how the Church burnt 6000 gorillion at the stake as well?

Attached: 1565389983302.jpg (470x470, 31K)

>This is a Catholic/Orthodox board
it's also full of larping pseuds

Sure.

Attached: flowchart.png (530x509, 4K)

Let us make one.

Recommended reading:

Bible
>Geneva Bible
>Holy Bible (Authorized Version 1611)

Confessions of Faith
>Westminster Confession of Faith
>London Baptist Confession of 1689

Theology
>City of God by St Augustine
>A Body of Divinity by Thomas Watson

Attached: Calvin Farel Beza Knox.jpg (1600x1200, 703K)

lol, and i imagine you think being roman catholic means you get a free pass to heaven am i right?

Why is the line diagonal?

>Recommending The City of God as Pr*Testant lit
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nope, nice strawman, though

Miss me with this invisible church bs, Christ never abandoned his Church. Have the humility to become Catholic and realize your time has passed protties.

Attached: 1566778579323.jpg (400x400, 31K)

We're making a reading chart for Protestants. City of God is essential reading for Protestants you brainlet.

Start and finish with the Bible (ignore those books that I threw out, and be wary of James)

t. Martin Luther
(also listen to my sermons)

Apocrypha wasn't canon until the papists made it so during the Reformation.
Martin Luther loved Jame's epistle just as he did all Scripture.
Typical kid diddling papist lies.

*Scoffs in 30,000+ denominations*

Attached: 1566084124885.jpg (889x1126, 285K)

Here are some saints of the papist church.

Attached: papist saints.jpg (1312x675, 131K)

Na bro. People in the New Testament reference it.

Funny how all these Protestant churches end up having gay and/or female clergy

Attached: 1534424606417.jpg (258x360, 55K)

Source: a lying Protestant snake's ass.

Why do Protscum never give references?

>kid diddling papists clergy aren't gay
lmao

The absolute STATE of Protfilth

Attached: ezgif-1-40fe2abcbcb3.jpg (800x600, 480K)

>I am totally gay and I had sex with dozens of little boys also my dick is tiny

t. Martin Luther

lmao protestants listened to this guy

Why do c*tholics have to shit up every Christian thread?
Are they still upset they can't ban protestants from their echo chamber on infinity chan anymore?

Acknowledge ?

Read Luke Timothy Johnson's essay

the methodist church in the center of my town has this big sign out front. i'm thinking of putting a big sign right next to it that says something like "Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind, because it is an abomination." and then on the back write something like "go ahead and tear down the word of the lord you filthy prots, see what it gets you."

Attached: cropped-NBUMC_Cover_All_means_All.png (2000x1200, 3.03M)

absolute blasphemy.

ask God to forgive you.

I warned you about protestantism bro, I warned you

>be on Yea Forums of all places
>prolly redpilled to some extent
>certainly knows how the media plays dirty
>proceeds to repeat muh gadolic kiddy fiddlers meme

I mean, damn, son, get some perspective. The media only talks about the Church for 2 reasons: the sexual scandals or Pope Francis' left-wing comments.

The truth is, most abuse victims have been males around the age of 15, so it's much more a predatory homosexual problem than a pedo problem. We must rid the Church of homos.

bookofconcord.org/

51] The Pope exercises a twofold tyranny: he defends his errors by force and by murders, and forbids judicial examination. The latter does even more injury than any executions, because, when the true judgment of the Church is removed, godless dogmas and godless services cannot be removed, and for many ages they destroy innumerable souls.

52] Therefore let the godly consider the great errors of the kingdom of the Pope and his tyranny, and let them ponder, first, that the errors must be rejected and the true doctrine embraced, for the glory of God and to the salvation of souls.

53] Then let them ponder also how great a crime it is to aid unjust cruelty in killing saints, whose blood God will undoubtedly avenge.

A Treatise on the Power and Primacy of the Pope
Treatise Compiled by the Theologians Assembled at Smalcald - 1537

Quit pretending that your church is not infected with liberalism too.

>WE WUZ DA REAL SAINTS N SHEEEIIIIT

I attend mass in my country’s lutheran state church because it’s part of my nation’s tradition for the last 500 years. All my countrymen are prots. If I wanted to go catholic or orthodox I would either be in a room with 30+ southern european immigrants who thought I was weird for being there or be in a room with 10+ eastern european immigrants who thought I was weird for being there.

>"Popery is contrary to Christ’s Gospel, and is the Antichrist, and we ought to pray against it. It should be the daily prayer of every believer that Antichrist might be hurled like a millstone into the flood and for Christ, because it wounds Christ, because it robs Christ of His glory, because it puts sacramental efficacy in the place of His atonement, and lifts a piece of bread into the place of the Saviour, and a few drops of water into the place of the Holy Ghost, and puts a mere fallible man like ourselves up as the vicar of Christ on earth; if we pray against it, because it is against Him, we shall love the persons though we hate their errors: we shall love their souls though we loath and detest their dogmas, and so the breath of our prayers will be sweetened, because we turn our faces towards Christ when we pray."

Attached: Charles_Haddon_Spurgeon_by_Alexander_Melville.jpg (2400x2964, 1.42M)

Basically all of western philosophy after Descartes.

i've been going to mass alone in a small town full of boomers for over a year now. not a single person who i didn't previously know (one time i saw one of my mom's friends and she said hi and a couple times a guy i went to highschool with showed up and we talked) has ever even spoken to me. one time, at confession, i had been praying and i wasn't paying attention to who whose turn it was and no one was going into the confessional, so finally i started asking people if anyone was in there. the first guy just said "no, no on'es in there," so i went up to it. there was a middle-aged woman with her two young kids sitting right next to it, so i asked her as well. she said that there wasn't even a priest in there, with this air of disgust towards me. so i went back to where i was sitting and waited for a priest to show up. then i noticed that there was a note on the door to the confessional. i didn't want to go check the note, because i thought that if it said anything important, one of them would've told me, and i didn't want to insult them by checking it myself. eventually, the woman's kids went up and read it and then brought the mom over, who also read it. then they both left. now i was curious, and so where the others in the church. one by one, they went up to read the note and left without saying anything. i was the last one. i went up to the note. it said "due to illness, there will be no sacrament of reconciliation today." and i was like, what the fuck, NO ONE had the decency to say to anyone else in there what the note said. and then, i go outside, and THEY'RE ALL STANDING IN THE FUCKING PARKING LOT CHIT-CHATTING! THEY ALL FUCKING KNEW EACHOTHER! i couldn't even believe that shit. they also locked me out of going to daily mass. but i don't even give a fuck about all of that. and yeah, they look at me with contempt and if i sit near a woman, she's always checking to see if her purse is still there, which i find highly insulting, and no one usually even acknowledges me at the "peace be with you" part, but i don't give a flying fuck about that either. seriously? you're gonna go to hell because you were afraid of some judgemental normies who probably don't even wipe their asses well enough and are walking around with shit between their cheeks? are you insane? i was literally an agorophobic friendless sperg who masturbated to hentai or played minecraft all day when i started going, i had panic attacks in the middle of Mass. just suck it up and go to a catholic church if you really think its the right thing to do (it is). they may hate you, but they won't have the balls to ridicule you explicitly, they'll just ostracize you, which is nothing. like, really, would you rather go to hell than deal with these people?

Attached: 1560237342860.png (1092x1023, 1.09M)

Good examples of how protestantism is just "anti-Catholicism" disguised as a religion.

I mean, holy shit, talk about a neurotic religion. It's negative in its essence, since it stands in opposition to something rather than in favor of it.

It's like a girlfriend who breaks up with you, yet can't let it go.

Some Catholics are weird in how they behave inside churches, particularly if they're older. I think they didn't told each other, or you, about the note out of respect for the place.

It is positive about Christ, negative about papist idolatry.

Quit worshiping a wafer.

>Secondly, I desire to be certified what they call their Mass whether [it is] the whole action, with all ceremonies used now of old, or a part thereof? It will not satisfy the hearts of all [the] godly to say, "St. James and St. Peter celebrated the first Mass in Jerusalem or Antioch." If it were so, one of the two celebrated first, and the other after; but neither of the two can be proved by scripture. Great marvel it is that so manifestly men shame not to lie! Peter and James (say the Papists) celebrated the first Mass.

>But I shall prove that Pope Sixtus was the first that did institute the altars. Felix, the first of that name, did consecrate them and the temples both. Bonifacius commanded the altars to be covered with clean cloths. Gregorius Magnus commanded the candles to be lighted at the Evangel, and did institute certain clothes. Pontianus commanded Confiteor to be said. And wherefore should I trouble you and myself both, in reciting what every pope added. You may for two pence have the knowledge [of] what every pope added, until at last was compact [put together] and set up the whole body of that blasphemous idol. And yet shame they not to say, "St. Peter said the first Mass," although that many hundred years after him no such abominable ceremonies were invented.

>But they say, "All these ceremonies are not the substance of the Mass, but are added for good causes." What commandment have they received to add anything to the ordinance of God, for any cause appearing to them? But let them certify [to] me what is the Mass. "The canon," they will answer, "with the words of consecration."

>Who is the author of the canon, can they precisely tell? Be well advised before you answer, lest by neglecting yourself you be proved liars. Will you say that the apostles used your canon? So you have affirmed in times past. If the canon descended from the apostles to the popes, bold and malapert impiety it had been to have added anything thereto; for a canon is a full and sufficient rule, which in all parts and points is perfect. But I will prove diverse popes to have added their portions to this holy canon. If they will deny, advise what Sergius added, and what Leo added, and what the two Alexanders added; for I may not abide presently to recite all; but if they doubt, their own law shall certify them.

Attached: Portrait_of_John_Knox_(4671577).jpg (693x775, 132K)

>Secondly, the remembrance of the names of such men, who were not born [until] many hundred years after the days of the apostles, declares the canon not to have been invented [for] many years after the apostles. For who used to make mention of a man in his prayers before he is born? And masteris memorie is made in the canon of such men and women whose holiness and godly life credible histories make little mention [of], which is an evident testimony that your holy canon is vain and of none effect. And if any will take upon him to defend the same, I will prove that therein is indigestible, barbarous, foolish congestion of words, imperfection of sentences, ungodly invocations, and diabolical conjurations. All this is that holy canon whose authority excels all scripture. O! it was so holy, it might not be spoken plainly as the rest, but secretly it behooved to be whispered! That was not evil [poorly] devised, for if all men had heard it, men would have espied the vanity thereof.

this is fucked. when you see some user arguing about pope francis kissing nigger feet and saying baptists are way more "based," there's a comedic value to it because you know he's retarded and only following memes, so if he follows the memes and e-arguments out long enough, he'll ultimately probably end up catholic because protestantism just falls apart the moment you look at it with any kind of scrutiny, like a shadow in the dark when you're trying to fall asleep that kind of looks like a face out of the corner of your eye, but you realize its just a pile of dirty clothes or something. but this is just insane levels of heresy and blasphemy and this guy is probably in hell right now. it's just sad.

0 arguments

>Catholicism just falls apart the moment you look at it with any kind of scrutiny
fixed that for you friend.
Maybe you should have a look at the Westminster Confession of Faith.
pcaac.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/WCFScriptureProofs.pdf

>Quit worshiping a wafer.
Absolute blasphemy.

>it robs Christ of His glory,
What a retarded and sacrilegious thing to say. Nothing can rob Christ of His glory. Is that what passes as theology for protestants?

john 6
>51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
>52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?
>53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
>54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
>55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
>56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
>57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
>58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
how many times does He need to repeat it for you to believe?

>Absolute blasphemy.

Attached: 1565616899510.png (640x640, 234K)

If it is really flesh and blood then why doesn't it taste like flesh and blood you wafer worshiper?

This is your brain on Pr*Tcuckery. Enjoy the lake of fire, it's yours for eternity

Attached: 1566094439187.png (640x678, 214K)

LMFAO

Look, there is absolutely a case to be made in favor or persecuting heretics because they lead people into error. Like a cancer, you must remove it from the body before it spreads.

do you know what flesh and blood tastes like?

I meant, catholics are the ones who still need to consult the pope for what their religion truly believes and practices

The Pontiff has supreme earthly authority over matters of faith as long as he doesn't contradict the Bible, yes.

Truth be told, the Protestant rebellion happened because people dislike hierarchy and are prone to follow their own desires, as Saint Paul talks about.

Then maybe he should stop contradicting the Bible by performing mass.

The Holy Mass is instituted in the Bible and Christ celebrated (not "performed") the first one.

>The Holy Mass is instituted in the Bible
Catholics actually believe this holy shit

Attached: 2ec.png (327x316, 208K)

>do this in memory of me
just read the bible

That is not The Holy Mass™.

>In the present day, therefore, the presence of the Romanists is just the same as that whichappears to have been formerly used by the Jews, when the Prophets of the Lord charged them withblindness, impiety, and idolatry. For as the Jews proudly vaunted of their temple, ceremonies, andpriesthood, by which, with strong reason, as they supposed, they measured the Church, so, insteadof the Church, we are presented by the Romanists with certain external masks, which often are farfrom being connected with the Church, and without which the Church can perfectly exist. Wherefore,we need no other argument to refute them than that with which Jeremiah opposed the foolishconfidence of the Jews—namely, “Trust ye not in lying words, saying, The temple of the Lord,The temple of the Lord, The temple of the Lord are these” (Jer. 7:4).
-Calvin's Institutes, book 4, chapter 2, paragraph 3

Attached: calvin.jpg (285x399, 72K)

LMAO

As I said before, the jealous ex-girlfriend who breaks up with you, but can't let go.

yeah, but prots are totally NOT like the jews when they deny that the eucharist is truly the flesh and blood of Christ.
>51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
>52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?
>53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
>54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
>56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
>57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
>58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
catholics are like the jews because we have buildings and statues!

Why doesn't it taste like flesh and blood?

Christ Himself said it was His flesh and blood. He said it, not me. go ask Him.

I mean the Catholic church is fucked but Luther did more damage to Christianity than any other man. This is inarguable.

Attached: 67594123_152838242445886_4288826071946302181_n.jpg (640x640, 51K)

You obviously haven't read any reformed protestant literature if you believe that they completely ignored the early church.

St. Augustine believed in the Eucharist, infant baptism, and apostolic succession

Test

Are we counting Quakers as Protestants? Should we mention them at all in the chart?

>I am not a saint and not worth veneration
t. Martin Luther

Prots: Performative social liberalism, virtue signalling, comparatively harmless

Catholics: The worlds largest open borders marxist paedophile organization

You cannot rid the romeish church of homos. It attracts them, it provides a safe space.What sort of man has the opportunity to be a faithful married christian man and instead decides to go off with his male friends and wear dresses. Nothin gay about that bro

>What sort of man has the opportunity to be a faithful married christian man and instead decides to go off with his male friends and wear dresses.
a man who answers a higher calling. do you even believe in God at all? Jesus Himself did exactly what you just questioned and called gay. the blasphemy is unreal.

Catholics are the ones making the claim it is literal flesh and blood.

Why are catholics so obsessed with us brehs? Why can't they let us have our own thread?

Ephesians 5
>25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

>26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

>27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

>28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

>29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

>30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

>31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

>32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

>33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

God commands you to marriage, faggot.

have you ever even read the bible?
>Now for the matters you wrote about: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” 2 But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband. 3 The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4 The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife. 5 Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. 6 I say this as a concession, not as a command. 7 I wish that all of you were as I am. But each of you has your own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that.
>8 Now to the unmarried[a] and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do. 9 But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

>These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they remained virgins. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among mankind and offered as firstfruits to God and the Lamb.

i could go on and on

How do you reconcile this with "go forth and multiply"? Perhaps it is possible that celibacy vs marriage doesn't really have an effect on your salvation, only God's grace does.

>what are symbols

>How do you reconcile this with "go forth and multiply"?
that was a direct command to noah after God had just decimated the entire human population.

>What sort of man has the opportunity to be a faithful married christian man and instead decides to go off with his male friends and wear dresses.
t. degenerate

What about Genesis 1:28?

>Why are catholics so obsessed with us brehs? Why can't they let us have our own thread?
LMAO. Your whole religion is founded on being the opposite of what we are.

we could say that was an address to man, not "a man" or "men."

57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

59 These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.

60 Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?

61 When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?

62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?

63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Note verse 63.
>He that eateth me shall live
>Disciples don't get it
>Not my flesh, but my Spirit, the words that I speak
It's not physical flesh

cringe & yikes