You will never live in a time where you can get a typewriter in your late-teens or early-twenties and use it for...

>you will never live in a time where you can get a typewriter in your late-teens or early-twenties and use it for decades of time to produce thousands of pages
Oh, but our soulless, replaceable-by-design computers have delete keys!

Attached: 5d2653b1a17d6c0f7d096e63-750-563.jpg (750x563, 109K)

You can literally still buy a typewriter, faggot.

free hand > typing

Ironically enough, I've been thinking about buying a typewriter to see if that'll help me write more (and also allow me to write in the clean air).

Can it produce the .DOCX format the entire industry demands?

No, but you can type it up on your computer afterwards.

No, but you can scan it and can be automatically reproduced by your computer in seconds.

I've had a typewriter, which belonged to my grandparents, all my life and it still works.

>past good
>present bad
just get a computer from 2002 at a yard sale and physically remove the delete key on your keyboard faggot hipster

Then what's the point you brainlet? What use is a device without the surrounding infrastructure that it's meant for?

>past good
>present bad
This. It's like when people talk about how suppressed wages are these days. It's BETTER to have lower wages and higher costs because the present is always good and the past is always bad.

Reminder that Harlan Ellison was, while established writing for pulp rags, paid enough for a single short story to cover his rent for a whole month.

Modern day writing is almost entirely the "you'll be paid in exposure" meme.

Attached: images(3).jpg (690x444, 43K)

Jokes one you, my great aunts gifted me the typewriter my great grandfather used. It's still in good condition.

Imagine investing in gold in 1970.

Too many rent collectors, while simultaneously too much hoarding.

People who romanticize the typewriter don't really do so for the purely mechanical device, but rather the cultural and economic world in which it existed. I remember reading a news story that said that the majority of published authors today don't make enough money from their world to live on. Not that giving Obama a lump sum of $65,000,000 as an advance really helps the prospects of the other authors who don't receive the payment they could have otherwise but that's just another example of what happens everywhere these days.

Die in a fire.

My keyboard is 35 years old. Get on my level

Attached: typical basic programmer.jpg (600x796, 130K)

you can still have a typewriter. i do. if your problem is distractions, cancel your subscriptions or move to the desert.

and yet the cost of bread is still relatively what it was in 1913. drinking water is free, or nearly free.

And beyond sensationalist faggotry about the "soullessness" of modern computers what is wrong with it? I have had mine for 7 years been replacing parts here and there when they break.
Pretty sure some hipsters in 40 years are going to moan about how soulful it was to type on a home computer instead of neuronal transcription.

What an absolute poonhound

Attached: computersavvy.jpg (700x490, 139K)

Anyone who ever writes using neuronal transcription I will immediately disregard as even being a human being.