Stop reading Marx

Stop reading Marx

Attached: 71dsU1pQbiL.jpg (1044x1360, 217K)

Other urls found in this thread:

marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1863/theories-surplus-value/ch03.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Watchin The Wire, fuckin' love Stringer Bell. Should I read this book?

>posts a prerequisite to Marx

That was really a throw away line, he's in a community college. But yeah, everyone should read it, even if people don't agree with everything he says. He assumes everyone is rational and selfish in their actions. Which is true only part of the time.

If youre watching the wire you'll want to read The New Jim Crow. It's about BLACK PEOPLE and PRISONS and DRUG WARS. So any /pol/ user or someone averse to talking about race like a normal person wouldn't want to support it's position.

Agreed comrad. You must read things in order before reading Marx.
>The tolls for the maintenance of a high road, cannot with any safety be made the property of private persons.
>As soon as the land of any country has all become private property, the landlords, like all other men, love to reap where they never sowed, and demand a rent even for its natural produce.
>A tax upon house-rents, therefore, would in general fall heaviest upon the rich; and in this sort of inequality there would not, perhaps, be anything very unreasonable. It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
>We rarely hear, it has been said, of the combinations of masters, though frequently of those of the workman. But whoever imagines, upon this account, that masters rarely combine, is as ignorant of the world as of the subject.
>Our merchants and master-manufacturers complain much of the bad effects of high wages in raising the price, and thereby lessening the sale of their goods both at home and abroad. They say nothing concerning the bad effects of high profits. They are silent with regard to the pernicious effects of their own gains. They complain only of those of other people.
>Whenever the legislature attempts to regulate the differences between masters and their workmen, its counsellors are always the masters. When the regulation, therefore, is in favor of the workmen, it is always just and equitable; but it is sometimes otherwise when in favor of the masters.
>The interest of the dealers, however, in any particular branch of trade or manufactures, is always in some respects different from, and even opposite to, that of the public. To widen the market and to narrow the competition, is always the interest of the dealers.
>Monopoly of one kind or another, indeed, seems to be the sole engine of the mercantile system.
>Civil government, so far as it is instituted for the security of property, is in reality instituted for the defence of the rich against the poor, or of those who have some property against those who have none at all.
>In the process of division of labour, the employment of the far greater part of those how live by labour, that is, of the great body of people….The man whose whole life is spent in performing a few simple operations, of which the effects are perhaps always the same, or very nearly the same, has no occasion to exert his understanding or to exercise his invention in finding out expedients for removing difficulties which never occur. He naturally loses, therefore, the habit of such exertion, and generally becomes as stupid and ignorant as it is possible for a human creature to become.
>But in every improved and civilized society this is the state into which the labouring poor, that is, the great body of the people must necessarily fall, unless government take some pains to prevent it.

Attached: 220px-Adam_Smith_The_Muir_portrait.jpg (220x283, 22K)

Why not both? marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1863/theories-surplus-value/ch03.htm

based

I've never accepted the rejection of property tax. If anything, it's the only fair tax there is---100x moreso than sales and income, at least.
That said, I'm not certain I'd put it above $1000 annually per a single family home acreage.

I’ve been wanting to buy a copy of this book. Any suggestions on a publisher? I heard some are missing parts of Smith’s work.

Smith just appropriated economics from the view of when he lived and made up a bunch of laws from correlations. It’s shit and as bad as Marx’s value framework but his critique is much better.

Sounds more like a capital gains tax. I.e. you can own property but if you want to get revenue just because you do, society should get a cut of the pie.
You can own a house without the government stepping in, but if you're charging rent for people to live in one of your rooms, it gets a piece.

at leasts post something thats not completely outdated like keynes jesus christ

He was a professor of moral philosophy wasn't he ?

That too, but I come from a place of concern about limited amounts of property, and boomers holding onto multiple plots they don't inhabit.
Land is a limited resource that can end up never changing family hands; there needs to be a disincentive to gobbling up as much as one can.

this

holy based

Attached: 220px-Marx_Reloaded_promo.jpg (220x307, 19K)

Yeah you need to start with the prequel.

Dismissing my man Bell because he went to community is a low blow. Boosted his own ass from the projects to making deals at the Capitol. Made more of himself than most people who ever lived.

t. secondary sources fag

No

Yeah.
Hard to be a professor of economics when you haven't invented the field yet.

fucking kek adam smith is a protomarxist. he despised the "free market"

He got bamboozled by the bigger fish. He thought he was really smart but he was gullible enough to think anyone would let him have a real piece of the pie.

IMO he just wasn't prepared to enter the big money environment. Hustling the corner and hustling politicians was too different for String to adjust to quickly enough.