Is this the best ereader?

Is this the best ereader?

Attached: kindleoasis2019.0.jpg (1200x800, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

willus.com/k2pdfopt/
youtube.com/watch?v=GQPCwb2Xd0c
yingtongli.me/blog/2018/07/29/kobo-sd.html)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Whusdat

looks like shit

It's in the fucking file name

It's a Kindle Oasis

Doesn't look great for PDFs so I'd say no.

get an ipad for pdfs. a kindle is for books

kindle DX is the only good ereader

Daily reminder that reading off of kindles and other related devices have been PROVEN to lower the amount of information retained.

TLDR: Dont read off kindles you dont retain as much.

Attached: 1563199443915.jpg (525x478, 18K)

Kindle supports PDF

I'd normally agree, but some things are only released as e-books. Or just aren't available physically.

looks gay. buy real books, faggot.

As far as I know, that only applies to smartphones, PCs and Tablets, not for e-readers.

easier to travel with a ereader, asshole

fair point. you're still a faggot, though.

How long do you travel for and what kind of books do you read? I'm curious.

I usually will travel for like a week and in that space I can really only read one or two full length books

i usually travel overseas, 7 hour flights. i usually read fiction but i have read some non-fiction recently

If you waste a second of your life reading fiction, then ur a fucking took.

I think the fact that you can download any book you want within seconds for free outweighs a slight decrease in information retention.

Sure, but it's not worth $150 more than the kobo Clara HD.

Funny how Amazon has made e-readers for this long as the only model that has adaptive lighting for night is their fucking flagship reader.

Get Clara HD or the h20 one if you plan on reading in the shower I guess.

But Kobo is expensive, the cheapest ones are at least 100€ while Kindle had one at 50 during the Prime Days

shut up, retard. Fiction is better than non-fiction

no, that has nothing to do with ebooks

those studies all had to do with traditional phone/laptop/phone/tablet screens, not eink devices
did you read that study on your kindle or something?

who the fuck reads off their phone?

Brainlet.
Sony Digital Paper or go home.

>Sony Digital Paper
Fuck i never even heard of that before

It's been proven that Dyslexic people are actually better off reading ebooks because they can do things like change the font size and number of pages.

pretty based, desu

based

>$700
nah

Attached: 1560537569943.png (371x353, 148K)

Pays for itself in textbooks.

Slight decreased retention beats 0 retention from all the books I would never have been able to read.

>700 bucks
>still 3 stars on amazon

Better than yours, Muhammad

>must view star rating on amazon

Attached: 1536571896436.png (416x435, 99K)

>all that cope & salt because you can't get over how you wasted 700 bucks on a piece of outdated tech
buyer's remorse sure sucks, eh

I don't even own it or any e-reader. I was more trying to say, "it's better than the one you designed"

it's a nice looking paperweight, I'll give you that

Can it open epubs?

i think so. i dont know for sure though

Nah, get the Kobo knockoff. It's much better.

Attached: Boox vs Kindle.jpg (1200x900, 309K)

Yeah but the formatting gets fucked up unless the newer ones fix that

The reason I like ebooks is that there are certain books that are prohibitively expensive in physical editions that can be cheaply purchased in ebook format; e.g. Thomas Ligotti's third and fourth story collections in physical format are respectively $100+ and $250+; in ebook they are $7 and $3.

Another example: the best collection of M.R. James' writings, A Pleasing Terror, in physical is $500+; in ebook it is $10.

It has been proven by scientists that there is nothing worth retaining out of this post

Attached: lex luthor at computer.jpg (500x452, 30K)

willus.com/k2pdfopt/

That's a little big, but this looks good youtube.com/watch?v=GQPCwb2Xd0c
The only thing that stops it being perfect is lack of waterproofing

You're comparing apples to oranges, no shit the cheapest model of a Kindle during prime day is going to best a kobo, that doesn't make it better ya dweeb

Read on your phone

Attached: 1555678436706.jpg (300x300, 44K)

The only legit ereaders (from all standpoints, so design, function and privacy) are PocketBooks.

Who gives a shit about cripples lol

You can do that anyway, you don't need to buy a paperweight for that.

I know many people who do desu

that's retarded to me

Retard.
Being big is a good thing. Allows PDFs to be displayed natively. Even the Kindle DX is tad bit too small.

t. ow my eyes hurt

who gives a fuck about PDFs. We're talking books, nigger

Take breaks every once in a while.

this, and you can preview as many books as you'd like, so you can read books you'd never give a chance buying.

its actually a much smarter way of going about things, but everyone cares about their bookshelves and how cool they are. i just want the information.

the ereader's only weakness is it can't clearly display the details in maps of fantasy novels which you shouldn't be reading anyway.

>prefers non-fiction
It's ALL fiction. Fiction is simply a matter of degree.

It can't justify the price point compared to size/price sweet spot of PW4. Onyx is much better deal for whale sized reader, especially if you're a drawfag.

ahem

Attached: IMG-0053-1-1.jpg (600x400, 102K)

post sources

good take

All e-readers are gay and physical media is infinitely better. I'll not change my mind on this but might buy one for the sake of convenience on flights.

for traveling the only good way is to use an e reader

they should make audio book versions of textbooks because converting pdfs to rtf and then removing certain parts (because of pictures) is too tedious.

Attached: 43711166_1107366429432581_7333646593963658662_n.jpg (1080x1080, 172K)

>slight
You may as well not even bother to read, I switched to an e-reader and got halfway through The Leopard before realising I had no idea what was going on.
Trashed it the next day and bought the actual physical book, no more trouble.
It's actually kind of disturbing.

>Trashed it the next day
found your problem

Sounds like a personal issue. Ive read stuff on a nook that i still remember

what a load of crap

Never experienced this and I read on both. It's literally the same shit when it comes down to it you're just looking at words. Dont get this meme

Yeah, it doesn't make much sense when you really consider it.

If you do any amount of research on this topic you will find that it is complete bullshit to say ereaders decrease comprehension (and there have been other studies that showed not even reading on other devices i.e. tablets) has any real effect on reading other than having a more difficult time "navigating" you don't have physical landmarks.
On the topic of eReaders, I'd say the best for the money is really the Kobo Clara HD, and if you are feeling frisky pop that bad boy open and upgrade the shitty microSD card to a huge, better quality one (see: yingtongli.me/blog/2018/07/29/kobo-sd.html)
My wife has a kindle PW3 (same shit as the 4 unless you are a retard and can't keep water off of your shit) and it is fine too. Couple extra steps to get epubs on there, but no real complaints. I just don't like Amazon much and think the Kobo has a (very) slight advantage over the Kindle in terms of text.

>an e-reader
I guarantee you are some kind of mentally disabled person who thinks a nook touch or a kindle fire are "e-readers"