Is there a person alive who likes this garbage?

Is there a person alive who likes this garbage?

Attached: heart-of-darkness-12.jpg (353x526, 52K)

His other books are better but I did like HoD

I enjoyed it quite a bit. Was one of the few books I've read that I literally did not want to put down.

Yeah OP these two

i loved it. One of my favorite books

Why is this book so polarizing?

Do people really not like this book? Can't think of a reason why.

Yeah, I love it.

I like it a lot

Some people have low iq

the protagonist says nigger a lot, I'm on page 70 and its good fuck OP and his shitty thread

One of my most favorite authors.
This is what lit is about: the words. This Pol weaves words together symphonically.
Conrad is definitely not about the destination but about the friends you meet along the way...

It triggers the libs.

me

too many commas tbqh

i thought it was pretty good yeah. maybe a little overrated but not by much, beautiful prose

>The conquest of the earth...is not a pretty thing when you look at it too much. What redeems it is the idea only. An idea at the back of it; not a sentimental presence but an idea; and an unselfish belief in the idea - something you can set up, and now down before, and offer a sacrifice to...

>It’s queer how out of touch with truth women are. They live in a world of their own, and there had never been anything like it, and never can be. It is too beautiful all together, and if they were to set it up it would go to pieces before the first sunset. Some confounded fact we men have been living contentedly with ever since the day of creation would start up not the whole thing over.

>This land was almost featureless, as if in the making, with an aspect of monotonous grimness

>It seems to me I am trying to tell you a dream--making a vain attempt, because no relation of a dream can convey the dream-sensation, that commingling of absurdity, surprise, and bewilderment in a tremor of struggling revolt, that notion of being captured by the incredible which is of the very essence of dreams...No, it is impossible; it is impossible to convey the life-sensation of any given epoch of one's existence--that which makes its truth, its meaning--its subtle and penetrating essence. It is impossible. We live, as we dream-alone...

I've read it probably 7-8 times over the years. I'm usually skeptical when I start and am like why did I think this was worthwhile again? But by the time I'm done I'm glad I did it.

There are some delightfully dense paragraphs and I enjoy the economy of expression

Most people have no regard for aesthetics and only read for story, themes, or status. They want puzzle boxes or shelf candy, not art.

You got read it as it was intended to be read: pretend all you know about Africa comes from Rider Haggard style trash. Pick it up as you would a pulp fiction novel and enjoy the feeling of having the rug pulled out from under everything.

this book is great

>t.african

Amazing writer. Brutal writer.

Start anywhere with Conrad, and then continue to read it all. His talent never runs dry.

thats just libs unwilling to admit that the book is hard to read

I just finished Nostromo and it struck me as exactly this: it needs to be read in context of adventure novels.