You're going to have to face it, Yea Forums, the sciences have totally eclipsed philosophy

You're going to have to face it, Yea Forums, the sciences have totally eclipsed philosophy.

The most important philosophic question, the investigation into consciousness, is being undertaken by scientists. These aren't the old, one-dimensional materialists of the 20th century either. These are some of the most sophisticated minds of the modern world, and they explicate an intricate materialism that is so soundly proven as to be an axiom.

Philosophy has nothing to offer and as the years go by it will continue to diminish as the realm to which it lay claim as sole proprietor, the Subjective, is more and more easily investigated Objectively thanks to the marriage of modern technology and calculations.

My advice is to start learning this stuff now.

Attached: 510uokMpv9L._SX316_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (318x499, 30K)

Attached: 1561347060804.jpg (500x500, 38K)

Attached: 1562966877492.png (300x320, 18K)

People who think this genuinely don't understand what philosophy is

how does that picture dispute materialism at all?
what is philosophy to you then?

People can think really deeply about a lot of things and still be wrong

brains use rules to construct our perceptions. these rules are not parts of our perception, so we can never be sure of what rules are actually at play, behind the scenes.

because these rules are used to solve problems, that is, because they screen for one kind of data and block out the rest, the brain is always making up problems because that is its evolutionary job.

this is what hegel was talking about, we can never just perceive something as it is, it is always referring to some kind of environment/context because it is part of its environment like the brain is

because the brain is so complex, it needs this thing called an "I" to pick up the slack and kind of receive and deal with its content that it couldn't if it was just a machine "running in the dark"

so human consciousness is an effect of a biological limitation. if we get rid of this biological limitation, like through AI, then we get rid of what makes us human.

for derrida, what is inside something is always what is frustrating its identity with itself. a rock just fucking is, a human being never "just is", he is evolving because there is an awareness inside him

either we remain still or let ourselves fall down thought's rabbit hole.

accelerationism is the enemy. or, an enemy.

because we're always "in front of" of our programming, then it's very easy to become enslaved to that programming, and what's worse, to become that program's sock puppet

we're being enslaved to the prefrontal lobe and the way it forces us to always engage, always reflexively think about the world, which makes us want to manipulate it and stand above it

the only way out is refusing to let that program assert itself.

christ is the exemplar of that: he affirms human interiority as human interiority, not as a step to the Next Big Thing, by his love humanity is saved from becoming just another video on God's trending tab, here today, gone tomorrow

if you want to pursue the Moloch God-AI, then be my guest, it'll just kill everything we know and love (like we're seeing now)

the rest is fairly straightforward. and if you want a recommendation, pic related

Attached: 306123B5-AAD8-4950-B01B-45DE96D6A2DD.jpg (333x499, 11K)

>measuring an immaterial thing
The cartesian bias of the measurability of every thing in the world ruins the pretention of the author by making it impossible.
False ground = false conclusion.

Attached: 1548722678397.jpg (323x250, 14K)

>if we get rid of this biological limitation, like through AI, then we get rid of what makes us human.
Why can't it be just a thing that coincidental results and will be present in AI? Except AI might be able to have a hundred concurrent consciousnesses, breaking the perception of a singular linear time.

People who say this genuinely don't understand what science is

hmmm

Attached: stemfags_aren't_people.png (1328x236, 44K)

hmmmm

Attached: scoop.png (1325x433, 136K)

hmmmmm

Attached: logical_positivists_btfo.png (1782x279, 63K)

It's true, and indisputable.

They must understand that it is for their own good. We, the collective informal cabal of Anglo-Saxon, analytically oriented STEM warriors, do not mean to strip the meaning from life for you pitiful European fairy tale lovers. Your hatred and rejection of reductive materialism lies purely in a basal fear that once everything is understood, the human condition will reveal itself to be nothing more than a deterministic heap of physical interactions. It is perfectly natural for the feeble to fear such powerful knowledge.

Rest assured, however; human understanding of the physical processes of the human mind will remain incomprehensible to all but a few incredibly high IQ Englishmen and Americans. You will be free to continue living in a world of blissful ignorance, of meaning and virtue, God and justice, dualism... and other such delusions.

Just know one thing. If you get in our way... we WILL end you.

Attached: 1451449315-fc5616f827deb11879e6001eea90ed4f.png (1280x720, 188K)

I fully support the rhetorical conceit of this post despite sensing that its author does not have the education to back it up.

but all of these are just over-emotional hissyfits devoid of any point of critique (except for the last one). But even that one totally misrepresents the paradigms of modern science and ultimately seems like it stems from the frustrated cries of an autodidact who has no real contact with academia; otherwise they would understand that tons of neuroscientists, neurobiologists, and physicists are very well-versed in philosophy and have been sure to ground their paradigms in logically coherent axioms.

sorry, but with each post you just prove how little you understand the current state of scientific inquiry

based seeleposter

>otherwise they would understand that tons of neuroscientists, neurobiologists, and physicists are very well-versed in philosophy
lol name one

Natural philosophy gave rise to all science. Philosophy necessarily exists on the peripheral because it keeps inventing disciplines which divide off from it to be focused on exclusively while philosophy itself continues to explore things that aren't necessarily falsifiable.

Attached: 87984-004-5ADE9ACA.jpg (375x450, 37K)

Max Tegmark, Roger Penrose, Gerald Edelman, Anil Seth, Lawrence Krauss

what do I win?

Attached: 7brXn9O.png (1366x768, 511K)

all of them are hacks who didn't explain what consciousness is and employed sophistry to sell their books.

Oh Shinji, you should pick me. Even though a sexual relationship with me would be pedophilic in nature, we can have HOT /ss/ sex together.

Attached: misato.jpg (395x640, 28K)

No Shinji, you should pick me. Even thought I'm a clone of your mom and therefore our relationship would be quasi-incestuous, do remember that I let you cop a feel without even blinking an eye. I would let you do ANYTHING to me Shinji, ANYTHING.

Attached: rei.jpg (2665x3683, 646K)

Sick post. Love it

Not scientifically proven

NNNOOOOOOOOOO, YOU SHOULD HAVE SEX WITH ME SHINJI, EVE THOUGHT I'M AN ABUSIVE, PSYCHOTIC, UNLIKABLE, UGLY, ANNOYING, DUMB BITCH WHO WILL PROBABLY CHEAT ON YOU WITH KAJI AN-

Attached: psycho bitch.png (1600x900, 1.55M)

the only hack-y one would be Krauss, and I threw him in there just for fun really.

but to dismiss Penrose, Tegmark, and Edelman as "hacks" really just condemns you as a dilettante thrashing against the scientific positions that you hate with such vitriolic passion, but I am beginning to suspect you don't even have a concrete idea of what those are. just some vague concept of "materialism" that can be parodied and safely shrugged away

throughout this whole thread that is the pattern. dismissal and an affected place of superior reasoning that is never backed up.

this is why scientists are succeeding while the humanities are floundering.

*BRAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF*
Uh, I think I did poopies in the tub

Attached: fucking gross.jpg (635x480, 65K)

Why only Englishmen and Americans? What about the Germans?

UGH WHAT THE FUCK ASUKA?!

Attached: shinay.jpg (1024x768, 53K)

Quality contribution as always, cheers.

Attached: 1532423243397.jpg (334x334, 36K)

The Germans initially showed promise. Frege did his part in splintering the pathetic continental tradition to allow us to take control of most philosophy departments globally.

But the crimes of the German nation in producing Hegel and, curse be on his name, Heid*gger, could not be forgotten. It became clear that their continued involvement would only undermine the project.

Attached: tenor.gif (320x242, 686K)

>The most important philosophic question, the investigation into consciousness, is being undertaken by scientists
So stil no answer to what consciousness is?

An evolutionary adaptation that only seems special to you because you're just a dumb ape

Math is Yea Forums though. STEM is such a stupid acronym, theoretical physicists and mathematicians are not comparable to engineers and 'I like bideo james' CStards.

So you have already found an answer I see, why do we need scientists when we have you.

To refine the notion, of course. But fundamentally how narcissistic is it to think that human consciousness has any meaning whatsoever?? I mean just lol, lolololol.

Who said anything about meaning

Consciousness was already solved by the Interaction Paradox/P-Zombie Paradox.

>The most important philosophic question, the investigation into consciousness
Who said this?

isnt P-zombie and NPC the same thing

It's impossible to know if somebody is a p-zombie(and this is why consciousness must be physical).

There are no such things as p-zombies, the idea makes no sense. Stop PRETENDING QUALIA IS A THING, IT'S NOT A THING