ITT: Literary works featuring strong female characters

ITT: Literary works featuring strong female characters

Attached: female stereotypes.png (2147x1926, 1.1M)

Attached: 1563223533396.jpg (1024x1719, 955K)

Damn, men really got one over on them by oppressing them into irrelevance for literally thousands of years.

>only fiction
checked

>ridley doesn't carry the story
Women like this are the least like to help other people succeed, and the most likely to cut other women down.

The best part is how generalizations are transformed into universals.

If you substitute 'whites' for women and 'blacks' for men, suddenly this image is racist

East of Eden

Molly Bloom

Why can't a female character be strong and represent an idea? Don't all characters represent an idea or ideas?

fucking kek'd

right? she's the mc of all the pre-2000's alien films

The ones who hate women the most are other women

basically every female character

Attached: 1563230289975.jpg (639x495, 36K)

How about women write some good books if they think that they aren't represented properly.
I can't name a single "strong" woman in my life that doesn't have one of the flaws presented in this chart.

What the hell does "carry her own story mean"? Does interacting with other characters disqualify her from being a strong female character?

I'm guessing because most female characters in fiction are passive side-kicks without their own agency. More often than not they are side pieces to the male lead and his main arc, either a trophy to be won at the end or a damsel in distress to be saved.

the 'strong female character' line is such bullshit
no secondary characters in any good works fulfill all those needs- the story isn't about them. this is just pedantry from idiots who read cape shit and harry potter and get pissed when they dont see their own reflection being marketed to them

This but also Sarah Connor. She killed the fucking Terminator in the first one and carries the story beyond a The Mummy esque endless slasher chase scene in the second one.

The strong female shown in the picture is a fucking goldilocks like the chick with the huge teeth in the new shitty star wars.

From flaws comes development or tragedy.

Damn, if all this is true, then we should really be handing out scholarships for male excellence

>Chun li
>Sickly
What. Is that like a subtle Jaundice joke because she is Chinese?

Wasn't there a writer who said that the way he writes good female characters, was to first "writes about a man", and then "take away reason".

I think that was Jack Nicholson in a movie, but I don't remember which one.