/crime/ general

Everything related to crime fiction literature.

>pic related the classic trilogy you should read

Attached: start.jpg (260x401, 27K)

Another easy to read series.

Attached: download.jpg (474x836, 46K)

Definitely recommend the Martin Beck series.

Attached: beckfest.jpg (894x768, 233K)

Also, Derek Raymond's Factory novels.

Attached: derekraymond.jpg (478x640, 65K)

Any decent legal fiction books? I’m really tired of no one actually knowing what the law is or sacrificing procedural accuracy for better writing. I need me some FRCP footnotes. I need my fix.

>great storytelling
>great middle aged protagonist that uses his head instead of his fists
>uses real world events as background for each novel
Just read the whole Kostas Haritos series. It's great!

forgot pic

Attached: haritos-1.jpg (400x400, 27K)

First book that comes to mind is A Naked Singularity by Sergio De La Pava. That said, while the book centres the plot around a public defender, it does go ..... """places,""" shall we say.

I enjoyed it a lot. But it might not entirely be what you're looking for. Pava was or is a Public Defender so I presume what law is discussed would be correct.

Every man should read McGee

Attached: travis mcgee.jpg (504x806, 167K)

not a big fan of lagercrantz's work i suppose? Plan to buy the sixth one in august?

Richard Starks Parker series. I've read the first 16. They are so good.

Also love Chandler, Macdonald, Goodis, and Simenon.

Not a fan of sexually explicit content.

I actually really like Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. It’s been about 10 years since I read it but I think I remember the prose being very dry and journalist-like which was interesting as fuck to read and fit the setting and plot of the novel

My university somehow got a raging boner about him. Is he worth the read?

Also John Farrow - The big clock
Elliot Chaze - Black wings has my angel
And William Gresham - Nightmare alley

What do people think of James Crumley? Was gonna start The last good kiss. Been intending to get into Jean-Patrick Machette too.

Which uni?
And yes, he is worth it.

Aristotle University

I found out about him from a friend and i have read all his books. Start with the above mentioned book to see if you like him.

Jim Thompson is the man.

Attached: cvv.jpg (309x499, 40K)

Why not, thanks for the recommendation.

First time i've heard of him. Books seems interesting...

Pop 1280 is his best book in my opinion, so if you're looking to check out his stuff, I'd say start there.

I'd recommend Georges Simenon

Pic related is the ultimate crime-revenge novel of all time. Those who haven't read it are missing something important from their lives.

Attached: download.jpg (510x680, 91K)

John Grisham was a lawyer.

I hate living in Sweden. Crime is the only genre people read and you can’t find any other books. It’s just Larsson, Läckberg, Kepler everywhere. Fuck you guys for enabling this bullshit.

It's not sexually explicit, except maybe by today's standards.

>Now you're the message
Parker is fantastic.