When you want to be Gryffindor but they put you in Hufflepuff

>When you want to be Gryffindor but they put you in Hufflepuff

Attached: 1562919341725.png (839x657, 39K)

reminds me of life

if you switch hufflepuff and gyffindor for happiness and sadness

Hufflepuff has the best girls

>tfw got expelled from Hogwarts due to low grades

Attached: 1484160155398.jpg (645x968, 47K)

>some asshole on the train bought the whole lot again

Be honest, if you don't think there's even some real chance that the sorting hat would put you in Ravenclaw (doesn't matter if you want Gryffindor or Slytherin), should you really be on Yea Forums?

Yea Forums is a Slytherin board, retard.

This.
Hufflepuff has wife material girls, also it seems like the chillest house if you just want to have a comfy school life.

I don't care what house you identify with. The point isn't the house you get in, but whether you could have made it into Ravenclaw. If you couldn't have, it's because you're a fucking pseud.

>When you want to be Gryffindor but they put you in Hufflepuff

Just sneak into the headmaster's office to tell the Sorting Hat you want to be re-sorted. The very act of doing that will qualify you for the Balls Club.

I've been trying to design a magic school video game, but I've come to the conclusion that for magic to feel like magic it seems to be at least some degree of nonsense. I think Rowling understood this and did a really good job of resisting putting logic and rules to the magic as most people would have done. I know there are some rules, but they're just more nonsense that build up the magical feeling of the world instead of tearing it down.

Attached: 1558405484992.jpg (1143x1600, 544K)

Rowling made magic into a secular energy and not in any deeply moving way, there's no deep connection to magic itself in her books, it's always an inanimate tool, not even organic, and much less depending on any old principle like sympathies or invoking angels/demons to do your bidding. It's really weird actually. When I was little she gave me such an incorrect idea of magic, but in retrospect now it looks like videogame RPG magic in print. But even RPGs, or D&D, have gods and other such things. Rowling has practically no mythology. She sucked the magic out of magic.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. You would have ruined the book by trying to rationalize and explain everything to the point where it stops being "Magic" and turns into a distinct demonology or DnD magic system, which has always sucked and never felt magical. The "deep connection to magic" that she avoided is precisely why it succeeded where others failed. If you don't know exactly why or how it works you can believe that it can do anything, and that belief is a fundamental necessity for the whimsical, magical feeling the books had.

>hey we have this magical hat that can tell if a person is or will be good or evil, what should we do with the bad kids?
>put them all together so they get worse
we're they retarded?

Attached: image.jpg (430x516, 32K)

Yes. Wizards spend seven years learning magic instead of science, mathematics, or philosophy. If they do touch upon these topics, it's crap like magic theory, arithmancy, or vague esotericism, not real education. Rowling makes it clear that wizards are practically imbeciles from the fact muggle studies is so fucking pseud-tier in it's understanding of basic shit like electricity. And the rest of wizardry is even dumber than those in muggle studies. They don't even have their kids learn anything before age 11, they're just at home doing nothing. Wizards are supposed to be some of the least educated people in the world, and the only way they survive is literally magic.

>They don't even have their kids learn anything before age 11, they're just at home doing nothing.
pre-hogwarts wizard children are either home schooled or attend muggle schools

>reading hairy porter for any purpose other than background for reading erotic hp fanfiction
shiggy diggy

Sure, it's necessary for the whimsical nature. It's Disney-magical but not at all hermetic or goetic kind of stuff. It's a very different feeling from historical magic and the importance of symbolism and secret meanings in the esoteric tradition. Historical magic and esotericism is thoroughly intertextual, like good literature is. That's what I mean by saying her magic has ironically lost its magic.

I'm all for devideogamification of magic but please stfu about alchemy, medieval demonology and the Goetia being interesting in any way.

For me it's Slytherin, the most based house

Nepotism is better than intelligence in success and Slytherin is the most nepotistic.

umm sweetie the hat puts you where you want to be (remember harry?). you didnt want gryffindor hard enough, sweetie

She also somehow did so while following the Campbellian heros journey. They even address the jungian shadow and it's usefulness beginning with half blood prince.

What a weird take.

Have sex

He's dead right, stop mooring archetypes to your personal preferences.

Also a weird take.