Fave pynchon novel? pic related

fave pynchon novel? pic related

there really isnt a 20th century american writer who's actually been in a dialog with history besides him, lets b real

Attached: 220px-Mason_n_dixon.jpg (220x329, 19K)

I was long a disciple of Thomas Pynchon reading feverishly his words like a holy text and looking somewhere deep beneath them for some hidden key to esoteric knowledge.

Then it turns out he's just another liberal bourgeoise, a democrat and a logical positivist.

care to elaborate? i know he's more or less a blue blood but i havent researched him personally beyond that

I love most of what he’s written but Gravity’s Rainbow is by far his best, most thought provoking, captivating book, IMO.

Second fav is Mason and Dixon.

Favourite is definitely V. M&D deserves to be the top rated, certainly on the strength of its ending, and GR probably contains the most good bits in total, but V is just really appealing to me. The Profane stuff is sweet to re-read, I have amd nostlagia for stuff like the nose-job and personally I think the way he handles the conceit of there once having been a time when the pattern of history was formed works better as a retrospective/fantasy thing inside the book then when he imagines some sort of "Zone" or hinterland.

Mine's V. - although the second half is nowhere as good as the first, the first few chapters especially. Haven't read M&D tho.

You write like a stupid faggot, your interpretation of Pynchon’s political views is retarded, and you’re a fucking idiot for putting so much valuation on Pynchon in the first place, looking for deep meanings to change your life, instead of reading him for pleasure.

GR>M&D>AtD>V>IV>>CoL49>BE>Vineland

GR is his best and M&D is my favorite. I have about 200 pages left in ATD and then I'll have read everything he's ever published.

I just started to read V

>Caring so much about politics

Why does everyone have Vineland?

Atd

same...very, very disappointing

recently picked up used copies of TCoL49, M&D, and IV. I've never read Pynchon before. which should I read first?

Swap Inherent Vice and Vineland and this ranking is perfect.

lot 49 obviously

V. might be my favorite as well, though i go back and forth a lot. I really love profane and the whole sick crew, but the stencilized chapters, particularly "mondaugens story" completely blew me away. and that ending...

Idk man maybe it's just a cheap book

Mason, obviously

?????????

>tfw trying to read fuck and suck 49 but it's a real snoozer

49 is early and short and helps toughen you up for his denser work. Or start with Inherent Vice because it's an easy-to-read potboiler. Mason & Dixon has a great reputation and is probably better than either but I'd suggest saving it for last out of those three.

I own a copies of M&D, V, Col49 and AtD. I haven't finished either of them but am currently working on Col49. I like his theme with paranoia and shit so far.

I own GR, M&D, Lot 49, Vineland, and IV, and I've only read IV ;_;

I remember reading Vineland but had to stop mid way and return it because it was about to be over due. I plan on buying more of his books soon. My birthday is coming up.

> le I read for pleasure bugman

kys, faggot...literature isn't netflix

>reading because it makes you look smart despite not enjoying it

Attached: 1560029082508.png (270x360, 66K)

I read for nonutilitarian pleasure.

I read as an act of self-flagellation, a metaphorical mortification of the flesh, if you will

You must really enjoy reading. LOL

pynchon will be forgotten

>stop liking things reeeeeeee