Do you guys think she’s actually read it?

do you guys think she’s actually read it?

Attached: 3A594C03-0739-4C71-BEDD-8748CD291DCE.png (3840x1600, 3.4M)

No.

Attached: 77F81736-2A5A-4EE2-B118-37D314691E01.jpg (4032x3024, 2.21M)

Only if you buy the Literary Waifu DLC pack.

When my gf left for a trip a few days ago she almost took Pale Fire with her to read but picked The Stranger instead.

Had to get into character, it's when she brings lolita something is up

She was mainly looking for a book small enough to fit in her purse, and both books fit the bill (my copy of Pale Fire is hardcover but The Stranger is paperback, so maybe that's why she picked the later). Reminded me that I should re-read Pale Fire.

If anyone can explain to me why Pale Fire is in Blade Runner I'd appreciate it, but as far as I can tell there's no particular reason it was chosen for the script as opposed to any other book.

I N T E R L I N K E D

Yes, women read. Sometimes they merely do it to be liked, sometimes they take it seriously. It depends on their psycholigical makeup.

post it. yes, the infamous picture.
post it, any variation of it. the one that often infuriates people.

See (sorry I was phoneposting which might explain why it's fucking sideways).

Thanks. That makes sense. Is there any actual evidence that this is why the writer of the film included Pale Fire in the script though (he mentioned it, etc.)?

Yes, please post it. I have no idea what he means, but I want to be infuriated.

Attached: feeding.on.anger.of.others.jpg (298x400, 32K)

If I remember correctly, in the first movie one of the Nexus 6 was pretty lit and quoted Nabokov, not sure if it was pale fire. This new scene is just some easter egg, like when the black guy made an origami sheep.

Why do you think the producers picked that specific publication of Pale Fire and not another?

>like when the black guy made an origami sheep
Not him, but I wish Blade Runner had actually been representative of Androids. There will likely never be a legit Androids movie now that there is a Blade Runner franchise.

>If anyone can explain to me why Pale Fire is in Blade Runner I'd appreciate it, but as far as I can tell there's no particular reason it was chosen for the script as opposed to any other book.
To be specific to your question, both the main character of Pale Fire and Detective K are searching for answers, only to find out they've been chasing mistakes. In the book, the line of the meta-poem "tall white fountain" is a mistake and supposed to be "tall white mountain". So its a reference to that.

Attached: file.png (2048x1536, 3.33M)

shes not real

Can a hologram manifestation of AI not read?

It doesn't need to read it; in reality, the ai would identify the title of the book and then download the book virtually and instantly understand the entire text instantaneously.

Why would it not have a feature whereby it read segments and reflected upon them, contrasted against its actual "life"? It could even "read" a few chapters during the day and reflect upon the read material with its owner during snuggle time. There is room for more realism against the raw capabilities of AI.
tldr: it could but that would defeat the entire purpose of an AI companion.

>When my gf left for a trip
you got cucked by a tripfag?

>In the book, the line of the meta-poem "tall white fountain" is a mistake and supposed to be "tall white mountain". So its a reference to that.

What does that have to do with anything? Because it’s about “chasing mistakes”?

Isn’t that the first edition cover? If not, maybe because it’s an edition that’s not blank or just a picture of the author.

The main character thinks their chasing something significant and meaningful to what they're investigating when it turns out to be a misunderstanding and their initial interpretation was wrong and its not related to them or their history. Happens in both Pale Fire and 2049, they even both have dreams/memories based upon that interpretation of events. K believes he's the chosen one when it turns out the memories are not his, they're Ana's, so he's chasing a misinterpretation or false hope like the main character of Pale Fire.