Does anyone here know if the Forgotten Books edition of Decline of the West by Spengler is worth purchasing...

Does anyone here know if the Forgotten Books edition of Decline of the West by Spengler is worth purchasing? I can't seem to find any pictures of this edition and I'm a bit skeptical about the quality. Other editions are fairly pricey by contrast.

Attached: spengler.jpg (333x499, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/0342643606/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
amazon.com/Decline-West-Actuality-Perspectives-World-History/dp/B0016511PQ/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=The Decline of the West&qid=1563113906&s=books&sr=1-6
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

None of the editions are worth purchasing

I own it but I am not an expert when it comes to the quality of books. The hardcover is sturdy and covered in a cloth material. The appearance is simple but nice on the shelf, and I could see it lasting for many decades. The text is scanned from an original source so you may see the odd marking under passages or the odd marking of residue left from the scanning process. The paper is slightly thin as compared to some of my other books; it looks and feels more like a printing paper. None of this hampers readability. For the price of $30, with average standards for books, it is worth it in my opinion.

Here, I made these photos also.

Attached: E1.jpg (1400x788, 1.02M)

Attached: E2.jpg (1400x788, 1.22M)

Depends on whether you want the books to read them or to show off. They're sufficient for the former. If you want something for the latter, you should not own books at all.

Thanks for the images, they look good enough to purchase. I was just worried that they'd be a very cheap printing from poor scans that would just fall apart after a few weeks. Also, how's the Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs? I have no formal education in computer science, but I've been getting into Linux and teaching myself C and I see it recommended on /g/ a lot.

No need to be so hostile. I just wanted to know if they're readable and study enough to last a few decades.

They very likely won't last "a few decades". Especially since I already made use of Forgotten Books.

> Also, how's the Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs? I have no formal education in computer science, but I've been getting into Linux and teaching myself C and I see it recommended on /g/ a lot.

It is a good book for learning the paradigms of programming and computation. You will get the most out of it if you already have some experience rather than just diving straight in from nothing. The book below the picture is CS:APE (Computer Systems: A Programmers Perspective) which is even more useful if you are particularly interested in C and Linux.

I generally handle books with care and do not toss them around or anything of that nature. It mainly sits on the shelf. To last a few decades in good condition is not some feat of grand proportion.

I have the Scholar Select versions, it's pretty much the same. Arktos is supposed to be printing new original copies some time in the future

>Arktos is supposed to be printing new original copies some time in the future
Hopefully they will be reprinting Atskinson's translation instead of a new one. The last thing we want is for them to corrupt the text with an ideological translation.

> Scholar Select versions.

The print is the same, you mean? I have a Scholar Select book (Jews and Modern Capitalism by Sombart) but the cover is clearly some sort of inferior plastic. I think the book is cheaply made as compared to the Forgotten Books print (which is already on the cheaper side as is).

Perhaps it does not matter at this point.

men who hate beauty are oft projecting their own ugliness onto the world. there is no reason for book covers to not be aesthetically pleasing.

If this is the one with the scanned pages it it absolute shit. The text is way small for the page, lots of margin space and it looks like a photocopy from the 1840s. Regretful purchase.

amazon.com/gp/product/0342643606/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the one that sucks fucking ass.

>Arktos
I was just thinking Spengler would be improved by some amateurish (possibly homoerotic) fantasy art on the front cover

>annotating the page
it hurts me, user. I know it has its uses, and I've often thought of doing it myself, but it feels like a desecration.

"Homo-Fascism is Faustian, cuck"
Richard Spencer, probably

That is not my annotation. It is imprinted into the page from an original source that someone else had annotated.

ok the quality of the cover and pages isn't great but it's the only unabridged copy I'm aware of
I would personally consider that important, considering Spengler is certainly going to be blacklisted if and when they start censoring personae non grata

You are asking too much, for too little. Here is an Alfred A. Knopf version. Enjoy.

amazon.com/Decline-West-Actuality-Perspectives-World-History/dp/B0016511PQ/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=The Decline of the West&qid=1563113906&s=books&sr=1-6

Kek. It's a shame that there's no publisher doing proper versions of The Decline. It's a book everyone should read

Buy a used copy. I have volumes 1 and 2, printed in 1980, published by Aldred A. Knopf, and the quality is fantastic.

Attached: 81H48oy3c8L.jpg (1275x1753, 262K)

Same poster. I got my pair for $50, but I see a copy of volume 1 up for $99. You may have to shop around a bit to find a decent deal on these.