Origin of GOD

Is it possible that memories of parents coddling and watching over you as a child implanted ideas of a divine being, a man like yourself, who watches over you when you are alone. The god of the book brave new world is just a man who was with him when he was lonely.

Attached: dapperduck.jpg (600x800, 130K)

And the idea that god developed from tribes respecting ancestors so far that they diefied the ancestors, what sparked the tribes into paying respects to them? And why do elephants bury their dead? Do they believe in god?

Yes I roleplayed as Jesus when I was between the ages of 2-4. I would pretend I was baby Jesus lying in a manger.

This is a good thread

?

Attached: image.jpg (1170x361, 52K)

yes. that is evidence god is real

2nd try.

The Freudian paradigm of religion is such bullshit lmao

I just made this up. Is that real, or are you just naming my idea? I dont even believe this, its just an idea

Freud thinks almost everything can be traced back to your early childhood and development (especially where sex is concerned)

yes, this is a freudian idea, though its just a brainstorm. The main point is that god being a father

I mean ultimately it works out like Nietzsche’s idea that communion came from some primordial Patricidal guilt. The story “fits” what we have today but other than that, there’s no evidence that it’s true. You can come up with a dozen other explanations for why God is considered the Father that all “fit” but are totally unsupported. Just because a theory isn’t disproven outright by the known facts doesn’t mean it is supported by them.

i didnt finish what i was saying because of the captcha, but yes, this idea was inspired by nietzsche. Are you arguing for or against god, or neither. With my world view, god is very possible, though all the theories of his origin make me atheist.

I’m not arguing for it against God ITT, just addressing your theory/idea. Personally I believe in the Christian God (Trinity, etc.)

why

3rd

Sounds like psychoanalysis OP.

I think it's a lot of conjecture and hogwash, but I respect people like Freud a lot. He was a genius and a bastard.

God is the underlying essence of reality, the reason things exist at all.

That we imagine him as a person is due to our limitations as finite creatures.

The way I see it, the universe has rules such as gravity and such, and many things that we think of as rules are mere tools to aid man, such as time. But in this view of the universe, are you saying that god created the rules or that god is the rules? This scenario would still be likely without his presence, and because there are so many ways god could have been dreamt up, isnt it more likely that there is no god in this scenario? This worldview isnt common to my understanding but through it, there is low probability of a god.

God is not the laws of physics. The universe is a drop of water in the Ocean of God. He transcends and contains everything.

There is no question of probability. By human reasoning, there should never have been anything: no world, no time, no space, no life. Yet here we are.

And, strangest of all, this God wants to be our friend.

thats a plausible theory, though what makes you believe it? My theory is just as plausible to my understanding.

It'a not a matter of plausibility or believing. I am more certain that God exists than I am that I (or a world) exists.

Why? Because I have a belly button. Because I did not decide to exist. Because I can control nothing but this body. I am a creature, summoned up out of nothingness by an order of being far surpassing me in every sense.

Can I make a world? No. I can barely play in a sandbox. Can I make sand? No.

Did I decide to exist, to live, to be death-bound, to have my dreams hoped and dashed and tailored? No, no, no, no...

Yet here I am. Could I decide there is no God? Yes. Does that mean God would go away whence I thought him to be nothing? No.

I am creature. God is creator. I am barely alive. Cut my heart with a wooden stick and I bleed to death and become ashes and clay. I exist like the shadow of a thought. God meanwhile is beyond the facts of physics, beyond the reach of sharp sticks, has no fleshy heart, no navel, no mother, no grave.

One thing is true: God is.

Have you read what nietszhce has written on that topic? Your belly button is from your umbilical cord used to help you grow, so your parents could follow their inborn drive to procreate, and continue the bloodline, their will to dominate and live. Or Darwins idea of evolution. and worlds can be created by the rules of the universe, such as gravity pulling it together, and the by law unchanging energy of the universe move stuff to spawn life by chance, though not by chance but fate. And you evolved to have the will to live, the will which started at the very first lifeform. Nietszxhes god is the will you could say, though your idea seems plausible too, to each his own. But controversial question, with your view of god, how do u feel about abortion?