Why haven't you taken the monkpill Yea Forums?

Why haven't you taken the monkpill Yea Forums?

Attached: 1543434236281.jpg (800x565, 175K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=LXgVRgEwqpg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carmina_Burana
youtube.com/watch?v=jcnkDqkQtEc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because I want a wife and kids. That’s the only reason why

Hedonist. The truth is you’re better without them

Ready to take the glockpill

You won't have any desire for that after you become a monk though.

I'm not Christian because I don't really like the concepts of the afterlife that have been presented to me.
literally says be fruitful and multiply. And I'm not too theological, but I'm pretty sure rejecting your duty as a man to raise children to read books isn't a good thing.

The Bible allows you to do either, so long as you curb your sin

Why be an Alyosha when you could be an Ivan?

Clerical celibacy is bullshit. Not in the Bible, turns prospective brilliant minds away, and doesn’t make sense since the disciples had wives and children. Celibacy should be a voluntary vow, not mandated. As soon as they remove that, I’ll be the first one in a seminary.

How do you think you curb sin in the world by segregating from it? Even if you correspond with public you're never respected in any real manner

Doesn't something have to come from all that book reading? Why would God be fine with men running up mountains to hide from sin and do nothing else?

It's not about what you want. It's about what God wants.

I lived with monks for 2 years. Users on this website tend to have better social skills.

Also, prepare to have every personality quirk scrutinized, gossiped about, and used as fodder to discredit you on the daily.

Many individual monks I know are good men, but the monastery is basically a sin engine. St. Benedict was right to put his monks on bread and water forever. Sadly nothing like that exists now.

What’s wrong with them socially user? Tell us some stories

That sounds exactly like what you'd expect, I hate humans, if they're interesting they're retarded if they're uninteresting they're retarded

You have to understand yourself to understand religion. You don't need to lock yourself away in a stuffy monastery to open your eyes to the truth. This is easier said than done.

When I realized what religion I was, it was like a missing part of me suddenly clicked into place. I didn't decide on a religion, I just finished the puzzle. Everything I am, it all pointed to a single truth. And I didn't have to change a single thing once I realized what I was. I've been practicing my religion my whole life, I just had no idea what it meant.

My sexual attraction to the earth, my diet, my refusal to do certain actions...I was always what I was, but I didn't always know it.

Attached: 147865336459.jpg (1080x1080, 64K)

>bread only
How fucking fat were the monks there

Context: I was a Roman Catholic seminarian attending a seminary run by Benedictan monks, and later attending a seminary where I took classes at a university whose Theology department served a number of religious communities in the area. I have experiences with monks as peers and superiors, mostly with Benedictans, Carmelites, and a couple communities of Franciscans.

Probably 1/8 to 1/4 of these men are gay. Because of the Church, this is taboo. Now, gay men are REALLY BAD at hiding it. I can't say if any of these men were having sex, or even out in their community. But gay narcissism is real, and narcissism is a real threat to monks in general, so these men were already vulnerable. I remember one I took classes with would walk around campus listening to a DnD podcast and laugh out loud at whatever was being said. He was wearing headphones. He looked crazy doing this. Also, he constantly looked down on me and my other diocesan seminarian brothers because he saw diocesan priests, because they live secular lives, to be inferior. I gladly told him he could keep jacking off in grand silence.

One Benedictan priest, who used to be my spiritual director, came out of the closet after I graduated from that seminary. He was quickly moved to a different monastery and excluded from public ministry by his order when a seminarian I don't know alleged that he kissed him on the cheek and told him he loved him.

The Franciscans were always fighting with each other over who got St. Francis's vision right. Here's the thing. St. Francis never wrote a rule of life. Here's the second thing. St. Francis didn't die on the cross for you. St. Francis knew this and probably never wanted to found an order. Every Franciscan is essentially LARPing as St. Francis. This gets grating after a while.

I am convinced 100% of Carmelites are gay. They belong behind the bars of cloister for the good of the faithful.

So is humanity just fucked?

I have a wife

Franciscans are hilarious because when you challenge them on their poverty (99% are by no means poor) they resort to “W-Well St. Francis is a saint and we just want to imitate his holiness. W-We aren’t nearly as holy as him though!” This of course raising the question as to why they would join an order based on a man who fasted everyday and sprinkled ASHES ON HIS BREAD AND IN HIS DRINK WHENEVER HE DID.

Well what're you doing now then? And how do you deal w perversions?

The Carthusians are still good, but they literally never leave the monastery, which is appropriate for monks. Most Dominicans are good in my experience.

Diocesan priests, because their formation must be overseen by bishops, who are under penalty of Canon Law to uphold orthodoxy, tend to be OK, but it depends on the diocese.

Stop drinking the earth

How do you become carthusian?

I'm ready for the monk pill but I'm not religious. Wat do?
Inb4 read the Bible.

Carthusians follow Bruno, not Benedict, and are the most strict and least reformed religious order in the entire church and I believe their mass's literary has remained unchanged for 900+ years. Their vow of silence is more strict than even the strict Trappists. Homosexuality would not be tolerated. Almost all communication with the outside world is severed. There are no headphones. There is no radio. There is no internet. Not even a newspaper. No visitors allowed at most charterhouses. They retire by 7:00 pm and rise at 12:00 am for midnight mass. Their diet is completely vegetarian, although one or two monasteries permit fish 4 days a week if ones physical health is deemed weak.
Homosexuality would not be tolerated there. If you wanted to escape the wickedness of the world, they are the best bet. That is what I will do if my own career and education outlooks do not get back on course by the next two years.

Attached: bruno-praying.gif (298x410, 116K)

Attached: 54E1C0A7-6F17-4F48-B295-6D0A0AAFC7C0.jpg (303x475, 24K)

can you be a monk without joining a monastery? like a hermit?

Find a Carthusian monastery, arrange a meeting with their vocation director, discern whether or not it is the will of God for you to be there. It's not just about you. A vocation to celibacy is meant to increase your holiness so that you may be saved. The Carthusians live in community. The community is concerned with the salvation of its members. If they determine that you would be detrimental to that mission, it is their duty to reject you. Approach with humility.

As far as practical stuff. You would become a postulant, living outside the monastery and discerning with them. Then, you may become a novice, living in the monastery but not having taken vows. Then usually you would take temporary vows, typically lasting 3 years. If everything goes well, you may take permanent vows. You would likely receive an education as a novice about the rule and practices of the Carthusians.

Liturgy*

Why not just hide in a cave with a bible or something?

Ah, I see you already touched on it. Didn't see before I posted ()

Hermits can still exist though it is rare. A bishop can still annoint someone a hermit and they must take certain vows (celibacy, chastity, poverty). In the middle ages people would leave food and such for them. No one would support them these days and they would still be harassed by the state which no longer respects the church in nearly all countries.

Huh, didn't know that hermit's had to be anointed. I don't really know much about Catholics outside of a family friend who wants to be a nun and a deeply closeted bisexual man who wants to make an ethnostate. Do you mind if I ask what the difference between a vow of celibacy and a vow of chastity is? They seem like the same thing to me.

All are called to chastity, which is just the right ordering of one's sexuality, or the rejection of all lust.

Celibacy is a specific state of life, that of being unmarried.

second post worst post. the sacrament of marriage is holy, as much as ordination. a man can choose one or the other.

i'm still in school.

>Council of Trent, pg. 225: "If anyone saith that the marriage state is to be preferred before the state of virginity, let him be anathema." [...] "writing to the Corinthians, [Paul] says: I would that all men were even as myself; that is, that all embrace the virtue of continence...A life of continence is to be desired by all.”

>Pope Pius XII, Sacra Virginitas, no. 32: “This doctrine of the excellence of virginity and of celibacy and of their superiority over the married state was, as we have already said, revealed by our Divine Redeemer and by the Apostle of the Gentiles; so too, it was solemnly defined as a dogma of divine faith by the holy council of Trent, and explained in the same way by all the holy Fathers and Doctors of the Church."

>Saint Thomas Aquinas, ST II-II.152.4: "Virginity is more excellent than marriage, which can be seen by both faith and reason. Faith sees virginity as imitating the example of Christ and the counsel of St. Paul. Reason sees virginity as rightly ordering goods, preferring a Divine good to human goods, the good of the soul to the good of the body, and the good of the contemaplative life to that of the active life."

>Saint Alphonsus Liguori: The married state I cannot recommend to you, because St. Paul does not counsel it to any one, except there be a necessity for it, arising out of habitual incontinence

>Saint Athanasius of Alexandria, A.D. 373 †:"Now if a man choose the way of the world, namely marriage, he is not indeed to blame; yet he will not receive such great gifts as the other. For he will receive, since he too brings forth fruit, namely thirty fold. But if a man embraces the holy and unearthly way, even though as compared with the former it be rugged and hard to accomplish, nonetheless it has the more wonderful gifts: for it grows the perfect fruit, namely a hundredfold."

sorry, brother, i'm balls deep in mental fragmentation pill.
> mfw currently creating a monk/priest tulpa to talk to

Attached: NpREUHmfh6o.jpg (1000x1091, 126K)

I don't understand.

> was
what happened next, user? did you graduate?

monastery seems like the original autism contamination board. i imagine your experience was quite cancerous. thanks for telling brother

Tulpas are unnatural and you should avoid them if you want to get closer to god. Holy vows are probably the closest you will get to God on earth.

do you know what tulpa is?
> Tulpa is a concept in mysticism and the paranormal of a being or object which is created through spiritual or mental powers.
it's (or used to be) a big deal on russian anonymous imageboards, but people mostly tried to cast female anime/fictional tulpas to serve as their companions. it can be anything though. any person or animal or even an abstract being, (for any purpose, though it may not like what you're doing) but i believe it requiers serious mental instability to actually execute.

For diocesan seminarians, the seminary is divided in two. In minor seminary you get a philosophy degree. In major seminary you get a theology degree. I graduated minor seminary and determined that I was not being called to be a priest in major seminary.

Now I am working. Hopefully one day I can build a family.

You do know that tulpas exist to be overcome and dispelled from your mind, right?

Never heard of it hitherto now.

absolutely based. you seem like a determined and intelligent man, so a loving family is only a matter of time. come back some time with more monastery stories, you're one of the best posters i've seen lately.

well, in russia you summon tulpas. my train of thought was "if i'm going insane, why do it alone" or something along the lines. i think the AIB definition of tulpa has nothing to do with its original sense

nigga you're trying to give yourself schizophrenia based on the teachings of My Little Pony fans.

How about you see an actual priest buddy...

Eh, most were pretty boring. One monk I knew did nothing but work out and study scripture. Dude was yoked. And a great confessor.

i must confess that i lied in this post as an attempt to get (You)s, but in fact i do (quite passively though) try to cast a tulpa. the thing is i have no fucking idea what or who it is, so i only feel the Presence sometimes and nothing more

Piping in here to say that I gave up trying to create a tulpa when I began experiencing thoughts that addressed me in the 2nd person. It really freaked me out, but eventually, I realized they were my own thoughts, just malformed.

>tfw when reading Aberlard's Historia Calamitatum and you realize monasteries are havens for the idle, hotbeds of petty gossip and have been since the middle ages

>tfw he doesn't know about the carthusians

dude le epic monkpill
im pilled btw

super based and pillpilled
Don’t you faggots ever get tired of living lives that are memes from start to finish? Jesus Christ take a break from this website

>havens for the idle
Surely you have to work for your food.

kill yourself. that's precisely the point of this thread, retard.

good decision. i think it's just a lulzy thing, as relatively mentally healthy people can't create a tulpa. i also sometimes think in 2nd person, mostly when i must convince myself to do or rethink something
what's the book about? is it worth a try if you're not deeply interested in theology but in accounts of monks' lives?

Incel pill

You're taking the meme too seriously and more than some of the anons posting them; it's just humor, you dork.

based and suicidepilled
pill pill pill
take the memepill for memepilled monkpillers such as myself

There've been "OMG the modern world is so corrupt threads" on this board for years now and only a handful of you faggots actually went and did it instead whining on Yea Forums.

idiot knucklehead.

The type of guy who posts this uses “boomer” and “zoomer” and thinks it’s fine.

not only is it volcel by definition, but many accounts tell us monks did fuck around.
pic - my edition of Decameron

Attached: 1562997961706.jpg (540x720, 81K)

listen, I wasn't being serious.

idiotpilled?
yeah that’s a BASEDpill from me dawg
Me? I got tired of degeneracy from the SJWs until I took the blackpill. But now I see that was cringe so I’m monkpilled now

Zoom and boomerpilled my fellow doomer/bloomerpiller

Not after their vows and if so, it's grave sin, in violation of their vows, one that traditionally would have had them thrown out.

of course they did it in secret. for example, in story which pic illustrates a young monk tricked his superior (who knew about him having a girl in his chamber) into fucking this girl as well, so that they have enough "dirt" on each other to never tell anyone

pilled pill pilled

pill, pill, pilled?

I don't think Abelard is a particularly reliable interpreter of his own life and actions but what he has to say about ecclesiastical politics and the specific monasteries he administered is corroborated by historical accounts. I'm not religious and wasn't brought up in any faith so I don't claim to be an expert, and I'm sure the organization/character of monasteries is pretty different now c. 1,000 years after Abelard's death, but what he describes is a byzantine system where judgement is delayed and arbitrary and peripheral monasteries are basically left alone, i.e., left to the caprices of self-serving and malicious "holy men" motivated by petty jealousies and delusions of grandeur.

It's basically Aberlard's apologia thinly disguised as a personal letter to a friend which is meant to uplift/edify that friend. You could read it in a few hours. The commentary on church politics and intellectual life in Abelard's time is pretty interesting, but obviously you have to take it with a grain of salt.

I'm considering it but the majority of them are Catholic.
I might become a Buddhist monk or something though, or at least support them with donations.
They're surely smart, but as some people have said ITT, they might be a bit autistic and gay like Yea Forums in general.

Attached: __hakurei_reimu_and_kirisame_marisa_touhou_drawn_by_mefomefo__9df7246fa6b7f78f5416215a7e14da95.png (758x746, 216K)

Lots of Buddhist monks don't do it for life, tons of them are retired army officers and stuff

just took a shower and now i'm wondering how medieval monks bathed. surely in modern monasteries it's all set, but what about past times

monkpill doesn't have to be religious, imo. it means following a strict schedule, devoting yourself to something, and being autistic&gay.

Attached: 1562539878748.jpg (645x513, 200K)

based

checked. so it's just a self-made illusion? like a kid's imaginary friend?

basically yes, but your goal is to flesh it out. people who have allegedly succeeded say tulpa has her own mind and contradicts with the creator sometimes. it can even get mad or leave you, though it's rarely reported. i saw a threadshot where user said his half-done tulpa turned into a geometrical object, started talking to him and scared him to near death. can be fake though

It actually turns away small brains, like you. If you are so foolish as to believe a wife and kids is worth more than eternal salvation and devotion to God, maybe you do not belong.

No, they didn't. They go to these places to escape the world and bondage of sin. Not revel in it.

good goyam, good.

>be fruitful and multiply
did us a lot of good didn't it?
Schizophrenia seems pretty fucked.
Degenerate isn't a religion user.
Precisely. Why carry around a boat with you once you've crossed the river?

All the christcucks around here make me so sad. so many good goyim.

It says that for animals too. Fruitful and multiply through labor and prayer. That is how the saints interpret it.

So much for 'in persona Christi'.

Then should'nt incels be called inchasts?

Yup, I read some book about culture on medieval world. In middle ages monks in their free time drink wine and sing songs that are not fit for clergy, recite erotic poetry and act plays and tell jokes that mock the church. The church and monasteries hated each other, because they gad power struggle between those two. Also possibly the reason why art always show monks drinking.

Attached: Pepe-The-Frog-Heres-To-KEK-Original.jpg (570x761, 51K)

Involuntarily-single is a better word. It's logically impossible to be involuntarily chaste, or involuntarily celibate unless someone was fully castrated against their will.

I'm fairly certain that 90% of the people trying to be monks these days have some deep psychological problems

On the contrary.

10% ?

Do monastery libraries contain classical works of the pagan Greeks and Romans, or is it wholly Biblical circlejerk and no fun allowed?

Attached: 1353704648481.jpg (250x247, 9K)

Of course. Are you a fool? Augustine was placed on the path to God by reading Cicero's hortensius. In fact, monasteries preserved these very works throughout the centuries so you have them to thank for their very existence.

It’s slander becuase the world knows that monks are super based and wants to destroy them through slander.

Oh is parenting supposed to be a hedonic thing? What am I doing wrong?

OK bear with me here. How strict are the rules regarding reading whatever in your free time? Just curious, because surely having free time in those institutions wouldn't mean being able to do whatever you want, and that some restrictions would also apply to the books you might read

Monks are human like you and I. If monks mocked the medieval church, they did the right thing. As catholic church was, and still is corrupt.

You're free to read in your free time as much as you want, aside from when it conflicts with time allotted for compline. Most monks have 2 hours in the afternoon, and in the evening aside after dinner aside from the already mentioned ritual for want of a better word.

Heard very similar things about Orthodox monasteries. Lots of (non meme) Autism and a lot of gays.
I think it was a guy over at /r/orthodoxChristianity who said he had to do nearly all the interacting with the general public even though he was new because everyone else at the monastery lacked basic social skills to do things like ordering stuff over the phone or making small talk with visitors..

it's just another illusion.

Alyosha is specifically not monk-pilled people, Zosima urged him to leave the monastery and do real good out in the world. Monk-pilled is the second step of the religious journey before the final, we should be Alyosha not Zosima.

Absolute idiot. If anything, the Monks held more to orthodoxy than the prelature.

GUYS NO
You can't let the Americans know that there was heavy corruption within the clergy before modernity! They might realize they are actually Protestants and then will lose their minds over the truth and become Sedes in a fit of reactionary hysteria!

Attached: 1547188627299.png (188x210, 60K)

Correct.
You also took an oath before God to properly love and care for her.

Lots of homosexual priests force people out of seminary/the priesthood due to their inclinations.
Be my sodomized fuckboii or get your career pre-emptively destroyed basically. Same crowd who ends up internally defending pedos too. They should all be defrocked.

Ok, I don't even disagree. But we have historical record about power struggle between monasteries and cathedrals, and record of how monks like to drink wine and beer, and like to sing dirty songs, crack jokes and play satirical plays about the church and the faith. Although many other clergy outside of monastery did probably as well. But those mentioned before probably had stronger faith than you, as they can make jokes about it and the church. While you seem to cling to some fantasy about the clergy and the church.

Attached: Eduard_Grützner_Drei_Mönche_bei_der_Brotzeit_1885.jpg (3974x3074, 2.06M)

Yeah but both my GF and I are high iq . Isn't it our duty to create high iq kids?

>It's not in the Bible!!

How to spot a pleb

giant pots

When did you realize monk life is based? Read and meditate. Doesnt get distured. Work manual jobs in peace. Eat healthy and simple food. Surrounded by comfy monastery and beautiful nature. I honestly dont see a downside, it would feel so good to leave behind this restless society preoccupied with money, power, sex and ego.

I've met a Buddhist monk he was a greedy piece of shit trying to scam tourists all the time

A buddy of mine did, has been a Theravadin Bhikkhu for about 30 years now. Lived in caves and everything. He says that asceticism is the masculine spiritual path since it involves struggle, or agon if you will.

Homosexuals and Jews are two of the strongest lobbies. Its not hard to understand why, they always promote their own. Once you have a homosexual in a key position in a hierarchical organization, it is only a matter of time before the whole organization becomes homosexual. One of the most disappointing things to me is that we simply dont have any studies or literature on tribal group strategies and nepotism even though its obviously one of the strongest driving forces in society. How could this be so blatantly overlooked or ignored?

Can you really think of no other reason gay people would be monks other than a nepotistic conspiracy theory? Also, it's called game theory you half wit, there's an entire field of ecology dedicated to it.

You don't have to be a monk, midwit.

I am talking about homosexuals rising to the top of the organizational hierarchy which is almost always due to nepotism. That is why Church hierarchy wound up being contaminated by them.

Highest clerical level while married is a deacon, and you can’t remarry once widowed. Everything else mandates celibacy. If I’m going to devote my life to studying theology, I’d prefer to do it in a church sanctioned position.

turns out every group of >10 people is shit because humans are shit

m.youtube.com/watch?v=LXgVRgEwqpg

It's actually Based and Christpilled and I have considered it, but I want to get married eventually.

>Degenerate isn't a religion user.
Animism, the worship of anime is the one true woke and enlightened religion on Earth.

Attached: 1309275600935.jpg (638x482, 31K)

Not an argument. I said. "A man can choose one or the other." That is true. I said ordination and marriage are both holy. I didn't say they were the same. Ordination entails supernatural gifts. Those quotes are from celibates who already picked their side and are defending it from brainlets like you. God said to be fruitful and multiply. The sacrament of marriage is celebrated by the Church, and necessary for mankind's propagation.

I think the place that has the most hermits nowadays is romania

I think the place with the most hermits is Yea Forums

Reminds me of that part in Catcher in the Rye where Holden says he's thinking about becoming a monk. You're all so fucking stupid that a book from 60 years ago predicted the stupid bullshit you'd say to the letter.

Attached: catcher.jpg (327x500, 53K)

Paul said that it is better to take a wife than to burn with passion, which means that marriage is a lesser of two evils, brainlet. Holy men, on the other hand, do not burn with passion at all.

you're a retard and i'll tell you why. holden is expressing a sincere wish to escape his clownworld. I said the same thing when I was 9. "I wish I was in a jail or something where I could just read books all day and not have to worry about material things."

Turns out that's kind of what being a monk is. You are not surprised because the world man has made is shit and we are right to want to retreat from it. Please be a brainlet elsewhere thank you.

>Holy men, on the other hand, do not burn with passion at all.
You are stupid. Holy men should burn with passion for Christ, same as religious sisters.

It IS better to take a wife than be a pussyhound, yes. No argument. But marriage is not evil. It is a sacrament. Why are y'all retards getting so uppity without knowing what you're talking about?

Wrong. It's not sincere at all, just like you none of you are sincere. I'll quote the book:
>"Listen. What's the routine on joining a monastery?" I asked him. I was sort of toying with the idea of joining one. "Do you have to be a Catholic and all?"
>"Certainly you have to be a Catholic. You bastard, did you wake me up just to ask me a dumb quest--"
>"Aah, go back to sleep. I'm not gonna join one anyway. The kind of luck I have, I'd probably join one with all the wrong kind of monks in it. All stupid bastards. Or just bastards."

His desire to escape is sincere. Learn to read, then read my post again carefully.

I'm sorry but you didn't understand his character. Holden is corrupted because he's no longer a child. He's not as far gone, but he's phony like other people. He wants to escape but none of his plans about it are real or anything he'd actually do, and he ends up worrying about whether the monks will be stupid. It's why in his image of the catcher in the rye, he's on the outside watching the children play, because he's no longer one of them and is cut off from their innocent world. I'm sure your problems with the world are legitimate, just as his are, but your dumb monastery idea is just blowing smoke because you're a phony just like everyone else.

>he said monks are phonies
You're just as a corrupt as the boy. Some few intelligent people take great meaning out of the choices they make with their life, whether it be marriage or religious vows. They are the opposite of phonies. They are content with the truth and working for that truth, whether it be children or prayer: it's all good.

Choosing to "not do" and just whine about things is the opposite. You're doing it now.

More LARPing, I see. Let me know when you actually go take religious vows. You never will, so don't worry, I won't wait.

>more edgy Holden bullshit
Let me know when you get your head out of your ass.

You're basically admitting my point you know? You know just as well as I do that it's nothing you'd ever do.

>the hubris on this kid
Examine yourself and what you said. You don't know jack shit about me, but that doesn't stop you from claiming to know "as well as I do" whether I will or will not do a thing. This is your last (You). I don't like arguing with willful morons if I don't have to.

I know for a fact you will never join a monastery, which is enough.

I am in school right now. The possibility of meeting the right woman and getting married is still open.

I vow here, on Yea Forums of all places, before God, that after school is complete I intend to seek a religious vocation. Whether that be as a friar, a monk, or a priest, I'm not sure yet. But it will happen.

>Proverbs 29
>After many rebukes, the stiff-necked man
>will be broken incurably, without any warning.

stay btfo kiddo

I have no doubt in my mind whatsoever that you will not even remember your LARP vows this time next year.

hahaha KYS faggot.

Making a frivolous vow is taking the Lord's name in vain and is a sin.

because solitude is a quick way to skip ministry, and be of no use but to yourself and other monks.

Having kids has nothing to do with hedonism, and you want to become a monk because you don’t have sex
While a true believer avoid sex to become a monk, there’s no virtue in abstaining from something you wouldn’t get anyway
I could be wrong in my assumption though

t. pharisee

You're literally invoking God ("I vow before God") for something vain. There's nothing Pharisaical in calling you out on it.

You find paintings and invent narratives around them. You are delusional.

>if
>i
>I'm
>I'd

What gets me is that most of these people probably aren't even members of a church at all. Like they probably think they can just go somewhere and sign up to be a priest or a monk without having been an active Christian for years beforehand, and that these kinds require pastoral references to your faith and character.

>and don't realize that these kinds of things require pastoral references to your faith and character.*
Left some words out somehow.

They're so offended too. As if following Christ's example and the Apostle (and by extension the saints) is somehow inferior to their ultimately worldly desire.

>Projecting that hard
I said that it was in History book, a book with academic backing. So, do you have anything else to say? Other than: it's not real because its contrary what I believe?

Attached: Thispersondoesnotexist.jpg (1024x1024, 583K)

>Academic backing
Yeah you won, you're right, keep reading these "academic backed books"

Fuck off, jew, i want children

Eroticism would have been very rare and undesirable if you've ever known the bliss and serenity that perpetual chastity and conitence brings. Their alcohol consumption precluded drunkenness, which was a mortal sin and moral sins confessed to others guilty of doing them are sacramentally invalid according to St. Bernard of Sienna. Again, you're making stuff up. There may have been one or two cases of a few decades of bad examples but on the whole monastic life, much less in the time period you suggest, was very reserved and contemplative. You are making things up.

Only fags join the seminary these days. Don't deny it.

Why should a celibate priest give advice to married couples?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carmina_Burana
>Generally, the works contained in the Carmina Burana can be arranged into four groups according to theme
>55 songs of morals and mockery (CB 1–55)
>131 love songs (CB 56–186)
>40 drinking and gaming songs (CB 187–226)
>two longer spiritual theater pieces (CB 227 and 228)
>They were written by students and clergy when Latin was the lingua franca throughout Italy and western Europe for travelling scholars, universities, and theologians. Most of the poems and songs appear to be the work of Goliards, clergy (mostly students) who satirized the Catholic Church. The collection preserves the works of a number of poets, including Peter of Blois, Walter of Châtillon, and an anonymous poet referred to as the Archpoet.
>and clergy
You are just being butthurt because you image of church and religious history isn't what you think its. KYS.

Attached: punch2.jpg (1500x1333, 271K)

Wanna start a family and have 12+ children

This doesn't speak to the decadence you previously alleged. It is but one example and is certianly not an example of monastic life overall.

It was, those were something that they tried to weed out, some monasteries more and some less. The book was Hopeamarkkojen Evankeliumi, it was interesting read, as it goes on about the contradictory nature of monks living monastic life, while also partaking mockery of church and the faithful in satire and songs, also taking reciting erotic poetry etc. But again, you christfags needs to keep thinking the clergy was pure and flawless, even when priests dick is penetrating kids ass.

Cherrypicked event

>Why should a celibate priest give advice to married couples?
They are unburdened and divorced from passionate affairs and will not deviate between God's will and their own selfish comprises to satisfy their wife, ultimately a creature, not the creator. A man cannot serve two masters. They are concerned with spiritual welfare, not compromises. That is what they exist for. Not marriage counseling.
>Only fags join the seminary these days. Don't deny it.
Homosexuals should not be allowed in Clergy. St. Paul makes it clear.

>This doesn't speak to the decadence you previously alleged.
I never implied decadence, but you assumed I did. What I said.
>In middle ages monks in their free time drink wine and sing songs that are not fit for clergy, recite erotic poetry and act plays and tell jokes that mock the church.

>it was because I said so because I read this one boom, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Excellent straw man. But you did and even just now quoted it. You're a real brainlet.

In the middle ages like all ages
And you said monks implying it was normal. A little part of them, like today and like in the desert in the first centuries

>They are concerned with spiritual welfare, not compromises. That is what they exist for. Not marriage counseling.

So they should stay in a monastery and not be a priest. Why should they give any counsel on anything then?

And of course, since priests should never be marriage counselors, let those married couples seek out the advice of secular atheist marriage counselors who will give them great advice.

What a retarded cope. The Catholic church is defending itself so badly, it's bizarre.

They are physicians of the soul. The best course of action can sometimes conflict with the harmony of the marriage.

Marriages fail when the parties refuse to follow God's eternal law and follow their own wills rather than give them over and follow God's.

NO WAIT
STOP YOU MADMAN
I repeat:
You can't let the Americans know that there was heavy corruption within the clergy before modernity! They might realize they are actually Protestants and then will lose their minds over the truth and become Sedes in a fit of reactionary hysteria!

Attached: donkey kong face 1.png (257x227, 73K)

>look mom, I posted it again

It was, you have idealistic image of monks. As they took part in those activities, it tells more about differences between medieval church and modern one. Like I said before some monasteries attempted to weed out such activities, and some didn't. it was just monks doing something with their leisure time, but if you don't want to see monks having human traits, don't and shut your eyes and have your fantastic image of clergy in your mind. You probably think modern monasteries are same they were in the past.
Still better than
>ur lying because I disagree
>Having drink with your mates, singing and telling jokes is corruption
Dude chill

Attached: Jesus.png (1031x1200, 2.71M)

books about monks.
Reccomend them
Fiction, non-fiction.

why is this thread not full of recommendations already?

pic related is good (about hermits rather than monks)

Attached: 41QaFIGuuWL._SX334_BO1,204,203,200_[1].jpg (336x499, 15K)

>they ignored my stupid bait completely the first time but mark my words I WILL get the attention I crave
There you got it fuck off

because being a monk isn't just being left alone to read write and study. it is worse than a 9-5, literally every instant of your life is just repeating the same prayer, you will be taken to your cell to pray, then you will be taken to a church to pray, then a cell again. this is the life of a monk, repeating the same four phrases forever

Very low IQ.

>creatures not the creator
Worldlings need not apply.

High IQ is wasted if they end up neurotic

Nigga what the fuck are you saying

I've been monkish since forever. Celibate without even knowing why, seeking solitude out of some ill-defined will. I love humanity, I'm more charitable towards humanity than most of those who make direct contact. Everytime I do, I pay outmost respect. I see the divinity in everyone I encounter and constantly fight with the demons who say otherwise. They DO have a voice and I let them, for the purpose of expansion. What will come out of it?

If you masturbate, your celibacy is questionable and you certainly aren't chaste or continent as monks are also required to be.

So damn true.

t. 99% neuroticism

I'm taking lad.
The next few weeks, I will be living with benedictine monks to see if I'm called to life in their monastery. Honestly, I am beginning to think that is what I was made for.
This comes after a time of studying in a regular diocesan seminary, which has left really doubtful about a potential priestly vocation.

Pls pray for me Yea Forums

Attached: dom_gueranger_.jpg (221x300, 8K)

>This comes after a time of studying in a regular diocesan seminary, which has left really doubtful about a potential priestly vocation.
Elaborate please user. Curious about this.

cringe & cringepilled

cringing to all this cringing.

in some ways, i have
>Chapter 40: The Proper Amount of Drink
>1 Everyone has his own gift from God, one this and another that (1 Cor 7:7). 2 It is, therefore, with some uneasiness that we specify the amount of food and drink for others. 3 However, with due regard for the infirmities of the sick, we believe that a half bottle of wine a day is sufficient for each. 4 But those to whom God gives the strength to abstain must know that they will earn their own reward. 5 The superior will determine when local conditions, work or the summer heat indicates the need for a greater amount.

>Pls pray for me Yea Forums
in what way?

I masturbate, but not to porn and not on a daily basis. Low libido, so not a big deal.

Praying for you user.

Not him but: it's a HUGE job and your reward is office politics.

It's a mortal sin, of course it's a big deal.

Guess I have a very idealized view of the diocesan priesthood that does not corresponds to contemporary reality. This probably depends on the diocese or region, but priests here generally don't seem to be living as they should and doing what they are called to do. I believed this was due to poor formation of clerics in the years after VII; but I was not smart enough to predict that these same priests are now responsible for the formation of seminarians.
My point is that I feel called to give myself completely at the service of Lord and His Church (like most young Catholics with vocational questionings), but it also seems that the diocesan priesthood (and sadly most orders, it seems) is doing a complete surrender to the spirit of the world. Of course, priests in the diocesan context are "secular", but Christ called us to be in the world, but not of the world. What I perceive as worldly priests usually cope with this fact by defining the "spirit of the world" as generic social issues (racism, migration global warming, etc), making them more low-level political leaders than actual priests.
The priests and seminarians I know that tried to go against this current were either bullied out of their vocation or simply thrown out of the diocese/seminary, and I don’t see how it would be any different for me.
Personally, I had a conversion that made me renounce the spirit of the world in favor of Christ; I do not wish to be lukewarm by compromising.

All of this is only specific to the context in which I am and fortunately my experience is that this situation is not generalized everywhere.

I hope this answers your question.

Based. Good luck user. If this monastery is too worldly, consider the carthusians.

I'm not a christcuck.

fuck i'm in the same exact boat (about the being a young guy who just wants to serve god, not about discerning) and i've honestly been thinking more and more about monasticism. i really really really fucking hate this world

God's not fucking real, you idiot

Very well stated answer. I see many Twitter priests in your sentiment. Especially that faggot Dan Horan. The whole Church in North America is infected with what you describe, it seems to me. Sedes are not the answer. We need a strong Pope to put things in order and hold people accountable. USCCB is not the body to do these repairs, they're beholden to or the perpetrators themselves.

God exists. And He isn't interested in us until we become interested in Him, in Him exclusively. Do you understand what I am saying? Ex-clu-sive-ly! Twenty-four hours a day. Your hearts and minds filled only with God. There's no room for anything else. No room for free will, no room for liberty, no room for emancipation. "Free yourself from God", I've heard people say. "Liberate yourself from God." But the pain of liberation is unbearable, sharp enough to kill. Without God... you are as good as dead. Dead, abandoned stray wandering the streets.

Attached: 1551296283854.png (642x705, 303K)

can we get a couple examples of hierarchies that are largely gay

Public school system in the US.

The army, i am talking about high ranking officers. Close to general they have some gay orgy for the deep state to have dirt on them.

Got to visit the St. Gallen Abbey Library since I live in Switzerland and it's the comfiest, most stunning place I've ever been to, so many old books and translation exercise notebooks showing the ancient texts were being preserved by the monks

Prières envoyées

I doubt anyone here is at seminary school or incredibly religous on the level of Priest/monk and if they were they would (and rightfully should) stere clear of this website and really the internet as a whole due to the breeding ground of sin and vice it is.

What about non diocesan priesthood? Opus dei for instance.

I wrote a pretty sweet story years ago about a monastery. It was about a fire that destroyed part of a monastery in Cumberland Rhode Island in 1950. The protagonist experienced the fire as a trial of spiritual self doubt and the expurgation of sins.

youtube.com/watch?v=jcnkDqkQtEc

I consider myself an eMonk

eGnostic

i hope its short and sweet

Might be interesting but that's probably wishful thinking on my part. If I ever did do something like it I'd do it for my wife and live as a hermit since I don't have the same sort of dedication as a monk does. On that subject:
Please refrain from posting pictures of our honeymoon in the future. That said, I'm amazed this is the first time that one's been posted on here.

Great, now I have to go to Switzerland. Es sieth sehr schön aus
Avoiding the internet completely would be a bad move. It's a great tool to spread the word of God. And if you stay on blueboards, it's not too difficult to avoid the filth. Personally I just try to be thoughtful about my actions on it.

Link?

This isn’t news. We’ve had bad bishops since Judas. See also the Donatist controversy. Nothing in the Church’s teaching says all Christians, much less all clerics are good.

>having kids
>hedonist
oh boy are you wrong about that

not really. marriage is literally just for normies who can't go without their cummies. i'm not saying its bad, but to say that it isnt the easiest and most pleasant life path for a catholic to go down is ridiculous. marriage is not a vocation, thats just modern bullshit. its default mode. we all have our strengths and weaknesses by god's grace, but come on.

considering how many children without a home there are already why would you need to create one other than to satisfy your own personal vanity?

Because solitude isn't the final word. The monotheistic God is a God of loneliness, invented to pacify solitude and disconnection by offering a false trans-personal relationship to replace real ones. One can also be an atheist and worship the God of loneliness via different means, but the result is the same: alienation.

Why would you want to raise some random person's kid? They won't share your genetics and thus won't share your ideals.

thats retarded.

I respect your decision but you can't deny that there are far better websites to be doing that on, especially when this website requires already a high need of self control from the base user to avoid topics of vice or outright sin being discussed.

If you mean to help those anons who are deep in the pit of vice, my Priest once said don't toss pearls to swine, as your time would be far better used helping others who are more receptive and actually want to change their lives for the better.

Attached: _105745004_gettyimages-684415304.jpg (660x371, 41K)

anons aren't swine. part of the reason im catholic today is because of anons on /r9k/, one of which was actually a priest, or at least claimed to be

>you can't deny that there are far better websites to be doing that on
True. But I'm also an oldfag on here, so this seems like the appropriate place for me to do this. And I'm also one of those stupid people, that believe in helping those that many might deem unsaveable (irl as well). I would argue that your priest has a point, though, but that an approach similar to mine is also needed.

Attached: 1550490717040.jpg (1200x988, 193K)

Anyone who ever posted on /r9k/ should be banned from Yea Forums. Even any evidence of browsing history in excess of perhaps a cursory visit should also be banned. You are low IQ. Good thing you listened to a priest because they know what's best for double digiters like you.

>as your time would be far better used helping others who are more receptive and actually want to change
you mean people you can easily brainwash?
pearls to swine lmao, get over yourself
christians are arrogant scum

nobody go to r9k

porn ads and viruses
nothing good there anyways. cumbrain containment board

Let them fucking suffer and burn. they do not deserve our christian wisdom. they are truly unsaveable, and do not deserve our great pearls. Jesus loves US, and they deny him like wretched fools. I hope they fucking regret not listening to me. FAGGOTS FAGGOTS FAGGOTS NIGGER FUCKING FAGGOTS.

Ready to take the noosepill

Based. Augustine said salvation is God's business. Convincing it is yours, usually leads to your destruction rather than anyone's salvation.

rude

God bless, brother.

Is sitting on my Mom's couch (aka: my designated place to sleep) and waiting for the day to end equivalent to being a monk?

>ads
Do Christians really not use adblock???

a canticle for leibowitz. only one i know

Do any of you actually have arguments against Sedevacantism

Isn't Ivan portrayed as a know-it-all with no heart?

Any experience with Trappists? I've been considering a particular Trappist monastery for a while.

That's really insightful user. Care to elaborate more?

Yes. All it takes is one guy in power to set the church right again. The pope has absolute authority. Dividing the church doesn't help anything. Better to climb the ranks and try to salvage it as pope. Sedectavists are not ambitious. I want a real inquisition. I want protestanism to be opposed by the sword if need be. Not a little gathering place on the weekends for the few.

>I want a real inquisition. I want protestanism to be opposed by the sword
Fedora as fuck

cringe

>bishop baron is fedora tier
t. Reddit

i'm not a christfag retard

You just proved my point, you want kids to create another you. You want to create new life just to satisfy your own personal vanity. Truly disgusting.

It's a metaphor not meant to be taken literally.

This seems like a not so clever falseflag.

>showing a willigness to improve ones life means they are brainwashable.
Think before you type.

I also don't even mean from a religous point of view, but when trying to saving an alcoholic or drug addict that person needs to want to stop and realize what they are doing wrong before they can break their life ruining habit. It has to come from the person themself.

>when a Franciscan has more stuff than you

Attached: 1513478671788.gif (255x190, 976K)

High IQ post.

Good posts

>I want protestanism to be opposed by the sword
wew lad
You want to kill protties?
The tradcath revival really is just the American ISIS. I've been saying it.

Obviously not. He meant they must be opposed at the behest of Rome with all force.
Catholicism in America is garbage. Only Europeans believe this and have been the ones to pay the price for the price for the thirties years was. Americans it isn't personal. It's still personal for us. Protestanism is the greatest tool of Satan. It inverts the truth and damn the faithful. Take your Reddit comment and Canadian anti-American gabarge back to where it belongs.

>Obviously not
Idk senpai, there's certainly a current in online tradcath world where they take that shit seriously

Also
>hates protestants
>accuses protestants of being anti-american
Ahistorical nonsense opinion

Attached: 9483F81B-9844-40EF-86D8-248BC9AE64CC.jpg (640x635, 172K)

Get this pessimistic gnostic bullshit elsewhere, heretic.
God made us for being and life. We are supposed to shape the world for the expansion our ourselves. The contemplative life is a particular form of action fit fo this purpose, and a most excellent one if not the best, but it has nothing to do with this nihilistic trash. You chose a contemplative life because contemplation is superior, not because other things are bad. Calling the reproductive drive bad and calling it vanity is making a mockery of creation.

Daily reminder there still is an inquisition.

go back to r*ddit, hedonist.

Depending on how you define violence, those are technically trufax. The problem is that you would have to define everything according to Church definitions then, in which case the Church never executed any heretic.

Sure, and ISIS uses the same justifications for killing heretics. "We're not killing you, we're merely administering divine justice. You brought the sword on yourself, we are merely guiding its path."

These integralists are bloodthirsty!

Hedonism is the right way. Preferring spiritual goods is obviously superior and should be pursued even at the expense of earthly ones, but it's still a form of hedonism unless you arbitrarily restrict the term to mean wine and blowjobs. And even then these things are alloted to us as animal creatures depending 9n your capacities.
The fetishization of misery is top heresy. It and suffering, in material terms, can only be considered good by participation as byproducts of pursuing god.

Asceticism is life denying. And it ultimately leads to the will to nothing.

No, the Church set up the inquisitions so that they handed over people to the State for execution. The Church also differentiated blood letting violence (the business of the state) and religious violence (the business of the Church). The reason why they dislocated people's shoulders is because they did not approve of the torture methods of the state. Similarly, the English hang witches because it is a spiritual crime against the King and his divine right, and not a crime against the state which demands beheading. Some of this distinction is maintained in other protestant sects, such as Utah's Mormon population demanding that the death penalty in the state must spill blood, leaving open the options to firing squads and beheadings but not to hangings.

most obviously: media, publishing, music, arts, fashion, tv

others: schools, politics, church

How does this square with Francis saying the death penalty is no longer admissible?

It never was admissible for the Church. The Church went to great pains to make sure the states which requested grand inquisitions were responsible for executions, and that methods not approved by the church but which were used by the state did not get employed in the process. Even fifteenth century church lawyers are still smart lawyers.

Then the saints interpretation is wrong.

You're wrong.

More on this?