What are some good books about the psychology of religion...

What are some good books about the psychology of religion? I genuinely feel like I'm going insane sometimes when I see so many people here defending religions like Christianity. I mean it is so obviously wrong that all you need to debunk the bible is a high school tier understanding of science and history. Why do so many people delude themselves into believing in something that is objectively wrong and can be disproven with a google search?

Attached: IMG_1997.jpg (916x1173, 227K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/lit/thread/S13318158
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just read Pascal

Attached: C09E1C56-7C9C-4A7C-BE32-EC343D440442.jpg (303x475, 24K)

where the fuck do you faggots keep coming from! fucking die nigger

Attached: fe42063baf609ff1ce58b2c363641fac--memes-internet[1].jpg (474x912, 69K)

First read Totem and Taboo then proceed to kill youself

Attached: 1562465234383.jpg (905x336, 72K)

the greeks believed in polytheism. Christians, if they studied them at all, would be appalled.

What Greek works have you read? Please list them

Does anyone have an archive of the thread or have the pasta typed out? I want to shitpost this on another board

It's not wrong, read schizoposter's essays and you too will come to understand what he has.

>Penises
Miss me with that gay shit

>newfag thinks frogposting isn't organic to the board
Please kill yourself

why does this image make me laugh so hard

> Christians, if they studied them at all
What is this retardation?
How do you think you have access to these wonderful Greek works in the first place?
You believe some atheists dug them up 20 years ago?

What if I told you your idea of Christianity is hand-me-down boomer pap diluted by hundreds and hundreds of years of spiritual and cultural impoverishment?

warosu.org/lit/thread/S13318158

>"enlightened" atheists cannot begin to engage in discussion of Logos Theology
There are plenty of stupid Christians out there, don't get me wrong, (this isn't a bad thing either) but people that think science actually gets people to contend with and understand the universe outside the most dry, academic means are silly

Attached: 1562780398495.jpg (678x791, 94K)

I am referring to general false flag or shit tier baitposters. Get the fuck out faggot.
>frogposting
>organic
Die slow faggot.

The Worm at the Core

I am obviously talking of the retarded Christians on this board using fallacious arguments.

mostly greek playwrights, aside from basic philosophy.
What greek works have you read, christian retard?

No one actually believes the Bible. They call themselves Christians out of spineless conformity.

Tell me, where did Greek philosophers write about God in a polytheistic sense? Are you actually claiming that Aristotle or Plato viewed God as someone like Zeus?

>I mean it is so obviously wrong
>

>it is so obviously wrong that all you need to debunk the bible is a high school tier understanding of science and history

Attached: 8679499.png (800x800, 708K)

>Are you actually claiming that Aristotle or Plato viewed God as someone like Zeus?
he is

They are obnoxious, yes, but so are you, I wish this board would shit all you 2006 era lobotomites out already so we can be the metaphysical-esoteric milkbar LARP dungeon/mystery order for disillusioned current year young men Yea Forums was always meant to be

I hope this image never dissapears from Yea Forums.

Greeks weren't theists tho, Aristotle's nous is not the Christian God...

Idiot
>Theism is broadly defined as the belief in the existence of the Supreme Being or deities

The Aristotelian Nous/Form of the Good is not a being, friend. They are principles.

Postmodern Christians, eg. Peterson, and the like you see on this board are symptoms of the decline of a civilization, which is a natural phenomena. All the great civilizations of world history fade away.

You don't need to worry yourself too much about them OP because they are just as atheistic as the rest of us. Their brains are literally incapable, same as ours, of the sheer blind required to be a real christian.

They are mere cowardly herd animals who are existentially desperate to find a herd, any herd, to blend into.

They didn't write about god, they wrote about gods. Is this hard for your christian brain to wrap around?

Christians and Greeks wrote about God and gods (angels/demons/host of heaven in Christianity). small brains please stop posting

the accepted definition of god is inconsistent, irrational, and philosophically untenable. please redefine him according to theology that's not Abrahamic, Dharmic, pagan, or misc non-pagan ethnic/aboriginal, then we can discuss religion
anyone who posts like this is more often than not projecting their own salt
>Postmodern Christians, eg. Peterson,
never thought about it like that before, pretty based

God is equal to truth and logic. God exists because of himself.

>under age b8 posting

yikers

unironically this, though most Christians do not read shit so they act like fucking assholes and are unconsciously judgemental, constantly anthropomorphize God, etc. But to be fair, its the Christian masses that need the forgiveness of Christ the most.

nietszche all the way

READ JUNG
Modern man in search of a soul.

>complaining about atheism being a result of mindless confrormity while posting a rebuttal that essentially consists of a series of appeals to the authority of societies and individuals that believed in shit like a magic dog man who decides if you live or die