Go to my local library to borrow The Nibelungenlied and The Song of Roland

>go to my local library to borrow The Nibelungenlied and The Song of Roland
>the librarians laugh at me for reading such old and obscure books
>say they would never read anything like those books themselves
Why do librarians do this? Aren't they supposed to encourage curious minds? I was very confused and didn't; answer with anything, just left the library with the books.

Attached: R14kkDj.png (657x527, 13K)

how does it feel being autistic enough not to small-talk. You people are the worst. Who the fuck cares what others think, it's just banter.

Buy a really old book, real old and torn up, obviously and antique, real interested in it, so take it on the subway with me. Older couple comes up and sits across from me.
>"You don't have a lot of friends, do you?"
Well, they were real sweet, anyway. Was the first time I actually had a conversation with strangers out in public and didn't feel awkward as shit.

What should I have said?

>Yes, I read old books. Better than licking dusty old cunts like yours!

>smile
>yeah, I like this kinda stuff
>have a nice day
>leave
you don't have to do anything

That's inappropriate.

exactly this

But how would I know if I like this kind of stuff if I haven't read it? I don't want to lie.

oh my god, never mind, just never leave your house ever.

oh sorry I don't get out much

Why?

you're too autistic.
then don't say, I like it, say, I'm trying something new, or something like that. Can't you figure that out yourself?

No.

Thanks for existing Op
love

why not?

I'm a librarian. I left an MLIS grad program when I realized I'd be surrounded by people for whom Harry Potter represented an apex in literature.

Unless you're talking to an archivist or subject librarian, you're probably talking to a pseud who wants to work in a relatively clean, non-stressful environment. (That all goes out the window if you're talking about an inner-city library.)

the correct response is to give them a pitying smile and slowly shake your head

no thanks

OP here, that was actually my go-to response when I was bullied in middle-school because my mom taught me it and I couldn't come up with a better comeback. It actually made the bullying worse.

You should have said:
You should try it one day! Old books are filled with wisdom, and wisdom make cute people even cuter, like you ;)

There's only one way to stop the bullies in their tracks.
119 grains of jacketed hollow point justice.

extinction-level event.

they would have literally maced him and blown on their rape whistles

I'll take "Things that never happened" for $400, Alex.

Making this post is an indicator of you being a problem person

I thought we already established that

I'm not from America so tell me, is this a reference to a terrorist attack on children?

I can't imagine being that rude that to people I hate, let alone a stranger I'd just met. Do people now have no idea how to start a conversation with someone without negging them first? Have cynicism and irony ruined us to the point where we can't be seen to take a sincere interest in a fellow human being?

Attached: 1537219294187.jpg (349x416, 64K)

Ah, everyone always says that, but it wasn't meant to be mean. It was a little embarrassing, but they meant that having few to no friends means you have the free-time necessary to develop your interests into something more obscure than mainstream. At least as a teenager.

Besides, at the time it was true

Yeah, saying things like that really depend on the delivery

Old couples don't give a fuck and purposefully catch public transport to give a running commentary on the other commuters. I remember overhearing a pair saying I needed a haircut before moving on to bitch about someone else.

>Get your tongue in right position
>Push your normally overbitten lower teeth row forward
>Straighten your back
>Almost close your eyes
>Assume T pose
>Jelq
>Get heightening surgery done
>Apply finasteride
>Push up your eyebrows
>Wear skinny jeans with holes in them and t-shirt reaching to your knees
>Stomach vacue
>Fast
>Gomad
>Carnivore diet
>Go vegan
>Do steroids
>Say "Why, yes indeed I do"

Attached: 9b7bc80097179ffac4f41230785550d7.jpg (1080x1331, 91K)

yeah, sure, but they weren't trying to be mean. We talked for something like half an hour.

fine, then read comics and manga and study the dialog. maybe get a therapist.

>purchase the denial of death by becker, whatever by houlebeq, no longer human by dazai
>librarian: "why are you interested in these books? are you ok son?"

Attached: D0Ydp2KVAAAmeA8.jpg (641x641, 44K)

that's kind of sweet tho

I'm that Gorilla dick nigga I make dyke pussy wet and if you don't suck my dick right now I might kill you

Lmao

What a surprisingly enjoyable thread. Bunch of reply strings to follow, good jokes, no posing, thought provoking stuff. Nice going OP, sorry you felt humiliated, they didnt intend it i promise

You could've just explained why you like those obscure old books

>tfw I've read through the ulster cycle and the song of roland and the prose edda and poetic edda and kalevala and mabinogion and beowulf and come to the conclusion that they're not valuable literature outside of their historical context
I'm forever fascinated by the subject of European myth and legend, but they really do suck to read sometimes. Anyone who suggests ancient literature has any kind of literary value hasn't read enough of it (except the Iliad). Literature as art didn't start until the 14th century — or at least that's the most recent century that produced works familiar enough to our modern culture that they can be appreciated on a level of artistry.

That is to say, in the Anglo-sphere, obviously. I'm not well read enough in any other ancient literature to make the same claim, but in Europe literature as art starts with Chaucer.