Socrates taught Plato

Socrates taught Plato
Plato taught Aristotle
Aristotle taught Alexander the great

Alexander the great once said;
>i owe my parents my life, but my teacher my beautiful life (in reference to Aristotle).

The three greatest philosophers (arguably, of all time) are direct descendents from each other's works and one of the greatest rulers of all time a descendent from the latest of them.

Why haven't you read the works of Plato or Aristotle yet user?

Attached: Screenshot 2019-07-09 at 17.20.47.png (786x908, 1.19M)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0G1EWvCrT9X
vocaroo.com/i/s0veySbgz2kY
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/unambivalent#other-words
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>reading a translation

Attached: brainlettttt.jpg (800x450, 44K)

And a hobo who masturbated in public plazas owned all of em.

Alexander the Great didn't actually spend much time with Aristotle or care for his teaching, but the myth of it all has become quite popular at this point.

At this point I think we can safely say that anyone who posts any kind of Wojak should just be disregarded.

There is absolutely no evidence of how much or little time he spent with his teachers, all we have are quotations from writers that come after his death which all express admiration for his teachers.

Behold, man!

Well well...

Attached: diogenes4.jpg (800x800, 126K)

Really? Because it's common knowledge on Yea Forums that all statue posters are annoying pseuds.

Attached: 01b.png (640x400, 39K)

I read both of them
they're not the greatest
they just were the first to go deep

>There is absolutely no evidence of how much or little time he spent with his teachers
Yes there is. Alexander spent most of his life conquering in Asia and Aristotle spent almost all of his life in Greece

Seeing as I never post images, I am the only pure soul fit to throw the first stone, and I dub you a fucking fag.

I'm a Platonist desu

Why haven't I? Because I'm just not interested. After all, that's all that matters when you decide what to read user.

Plato is, probably, the greatest of all time.

You forgot that Socrates was taught by the Symposium lady.

Western philosophy originates from a woman.

But she only taught him about love. I'd like to imagine it was something like the wise prostitute in siddhartha.

no

Why do you care which ideas originate from women? Men originate from women. I think that's enough.

>Binding souls to fleshy prisons is a good thing

Diogenes is pretty boring and proof you're a redditor if you unironically quote/post memes of him.

Have you read Diogenes?

I don't think telling Alexander the Great to fuck off from his sunlight or to live a life of self-imposed hardships is boring personally.

who is the greatest then?

>who is the greatest?
God. Read the Bible

Macedon consumed Attica and most of the rest of the world soon afterward so maybe Socrates was not so smart.

Fuck off to the megachurch faggot

That didn't have anything to do with philosophy though

sounds like cope to me.
Instead of creating your own value and a greater meaning for yourself, you are relying, for your purpose in life, to be that of a greater meaning in which someone else has already created for you.

At least that's what nietzsche would say.

Imagine if God didn't exist. What would your purpose in life be?

Why must I create my own values out of nothing? How can I rival the magnificence of the Bible? It just seems like you value defiance, and pride in one’s own abilities without the help of God. Why is that a virtue?
>Imagine if God didn't exist. What would your purpose in life be?
Probably to improve myself mentally and physically, because this benefits me. Instead of focusing on spiritual, eternal benefits, I would just focus on the benefits in this life. Though that would be much less appealing and meaningful, in my opinion.

Diogenes was reddit given flesh

Did Socrates really teach anything besides "question everything?".

Yes. He was musican; he played with logic like Chopin and Lizst played the piano.

The soul of a man lives forever, as long as that man has a really cool poetic death that serves as the foundation for Western Philosophy.

hegel probably

Alexander was a great warlord and a shit ruler.

Attached: 1553638915631.png (1280x720, 159K)

Attached: This2.png (446x305, 7K)

vocaroo.com/i/s0G1EWvCrT9X

:3

You can't read Diogenes, he didn't fucking leave any writing, the only remnants that exist are his little Marvel quips that were made up after he died

It did. Attica ignored the bribery because of rhetoric about which faggots are fit to speak.

unambiviently??

proof they where made up???

>they just were the first to go deep
t. doesn't know about the Pre-Socratics

>Men originate from women.
Wrong.
I literally have billions of women swimming in my testicles at this very moment. And so do you.
Wo(men) come from (Me)n

based

there's a reason that an entire group of philosophers with wildy diverging ideas can all be grouped under one title, and that title is referring to someone else
it's because they didn't go deep

vocaroo.com/i/s0veySbgz2kY

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/unambivalent#other-words

Woman comes from Old English wifman (wife-person), the word man used to be unisex while the exclusively male word was wer (hence werewolf)

It's because of the Catholic reformation of Western civilization (which also, intentionally, historically revised everything before and outside itself under the umbrella term "pagan"), in combination with academia being a three-ring circus for leftist revolutionaries (which the early Christians were).