Bloomer

I made a list of bloomercore. rec suggestions / edits

Attached: bloomer.jpg (1724x3246, 1.33M)

ok

put process and reality and zhuangzi back on there. also how is the death of virgil bloomer?

>suggestions

DEPURE IT.

Attached: BLOOMERISM.jpg (3023x3000, 2.65M)

>Whitman on here but no Emerson
Emerson's essay's definitely need to be on here. Probably the most beautifully life-positive stuff I've ever read.

I'm also compiling a film one, if anyone's interested

ah I knew I was forgetting something.
I also thought Death of Virgil bloomer in its meditations on art. But yeah, maybe it's too dark

Attached: film.jpg (2743x3246, 913K)

gonna be the newfag here and ask what is bloomercore?

«BLOOMERCORE», OR MORE ACCURATELY: «BLOOMERISM», IS AN AESTHETIC AND ETHOS, GENERALLY CONSISTING IN RENOVATED OPTIMISM, AND ENTHUSIASM FOR LIFE, WHICH HERALDS THE BLOOMER GENERATION, THE FIRST COHORT OF WHICH WILL BE BORN STARTING IN YEAR TWOTHOUSAND TWENTYFOUR.

Lost in Translation!

This list got far too greedy and will drive away everyone who isn't already Catholic

Would suggest Walden or Thoreaus Diary.
Make feel nice everytime I read them.

Attached: 1470236877269.gif (499x374, 968K)

Why the fuck is the daodejing there? It's life denying by all nietzschean standards, philosophy of emergency and self withdrawal for periods of political collapse. Similarly with phaedo.

You might put mencius in its place, mencius is the spirit of hope and optimism.

1. IT IS NOT A CATHOLICAL COLLECTION.

2. ANYONE WHO WOULD BE REPELLED BY THAT COLLECTION IS MEDIOCRE, AND NOT «BLOOMERISTIC».

3. THE «BLOOMERIST» OPTIMISM, AND ENTHUSIASM FOR LIFE, ARE TRANSCENDENT, MYSTICAL, NOSTALGICAL, FANTASTICAL, NOT DEMIOURGISTICAL, PHYSICALISTICAL, MANICAL, NATURALISTICAL.

>by all nietzschean standards

Nietzsche was a raving lunatic, a sociopathic barbarian, hence, not Bloomercore.

You haven't read him. His whole shtick was inverting schopenhauer's pessimism, to admit every harsh reality of life and to end up saying Yes to it.

>You haven't read him.

But I have...

>His whole shtick was inverting schopenhauer's pessimism,

Schopenhauer was an optimist, not a pessimist.

>to admit every harsh reality of life and to end up saying Yes to it.

That's called fatalism. That's not what Bloomercore is about.

Bump

My recommendations:
Manalive - GK Chesterton
Pickwick Papers - Charles Dickens
Psmith in the City - PG Wodehouse

Put the titles under the films, especially if they are not English!

Are you trolling in a bloomer thread or are so weakly read as this? You can't make such a claim about schope as if it is so obvious. I can do that about Nietzsche's call to say yes to live given how much he repeats it like a mantra throughout his works gay science onward. Nietzsche wished to avoid the blind naive optimism of someone who doesn't seem to see that people suffer or are cruel to each other; that by schopenhauer's account the lion does not even get an enjoyment out of eating the gazelle remotely close to the suffering it inflicts in doing so, or that life is a pendulum swinging between suffering and boredom and that boredom is the worse of these. But that we are miserable creatures who are accessories to wills, Nietzsche wouldn't accept this as final. He requires we accept schopenhauer's outlook, to not overlook, but to love it as it is so that we may actually see it instead of subverting it or hiding it. The concept of eternal return has nothing to do with fatalism, that everything is set and I cannot change it. It is simply to say that good and bad from the perspective of life itself does not exist as such, it exists only in so far as we try to run from certain aspects of life. Life itself in it's totality, good and bad, is something to affirm wholeheartedly and without flinching. And as far as fatalism is concerned, Nietzsche would wholly reject that given that his is closely allied with German idealist philosophies of self development. And as Aristotle points out we don't make choices in the face of that which cannot be otherwise, in which case no development can take place. So back to the dao and phaedo and so on, they are what Nietzsche would term as life denying: they don't wish to affirm life, they wish to withdraw from it and escape to some other reality. They see value in it only insofar as they can diminish life in the most part. In phaedo for example, Socrates denies all but philosophy since a soul molded by philosophy is the only thing you can take with you when you get to form land. When you get there I want to stress, because the "real" living isn't what happens in life, but what happens outside life, so the only point of life is preparation for death. And similarly the dao wishes to deny everything humans are capable of for the sake of a dao which is beyond us or our comprehension. Never is it suggested that our mode of being is itself natural and to be celebrated, we are to deny all those aspects of ourselves to be like the rain which unthinkingly never fails to fall down a slope. But what is specifically human is to be avoided and denied. And to neet, that is impossible, because we can only deny it in our human like way.

>gay science
lol what a faggot

Updated

Yeah I do that last

Attached: bloomer.jpg (1724x3701, 1.48M)

Based. I love the bloomer lists

Take out D&G and put Lanark by Alisdair Gray. It's the literary equivalent to Worlds End Girlfriend

Was expecting Harold Bloom-core

Thanks a lot for these. Only thing, though - you should put the names of certain movies on the list. For example, I don't know what's in the top right corner.

Why did you ignore my Emerson suggestion? Have you read him?

unrelated but I love the look of modern library editions like on the bottom row.

I want you to know that no-one will read this.

In Search of Lost Time please. One could argue Ulysses as well

Hats off to you for including Montaigne and the best edition of his work

>the true bloomer king rises
Based

Attached: dalecoop-850x510.jpg (850x510, 42K)

The Bhagavad-Gita

Hi. Local retard here. Are any of these poems? I want to get into poetry and bloomer poetry seems like a good start.

Wait. Nevermind. Leaves of grass is a poem. The clues on the cover. It says poem.

Has anyone read the enchanted wanderer. Its on that chart and apparently its pretty good. I 'd like to know more input before I buy it though.

Good suggestion on Mason & Dixon, reading and rereading that has been a blooming-experience for me

Ah fuck. No honestly I just forgot. Sometimes in my head I just assume Emerson is either Whitman or Thoreau, but never his own person.

>Proust
I kept going back and forth on adding him or not. I think it'd be useless if it was just another edition of Yea Forumscore.

Leskov is admittedly a bit brutsl at times, but his fairy tale tone and complete humanity is well worth it. Benjamin's essay on him is essential.

I increasingly think it's the ultimate book on friendship

Also worth knowing that Leskov is arguably more influential than Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, but just isn't very widely read in the West.

Doomer chart

Attached: qu8s6zD.jpg (1336x2044, 556K)

Will never forgive the inclusion of Benjamin and Baudelaire. Those dudes were all about life

all literature is doomer by default. bloomers are living their life.

You are a teenager

>Sentimental Education
I found this really pessimist desu. Loved the book but at times it really did feel like chewing mouthfuls of ash and sand.

Also, may I suggest Don Quijote

What's the difference between a bloomer and a scab?

cope

Well, that list is a load of self serving crap.

bump

it's meme faggots and dorks

why

What's the point of reading stuff that will make you want to end it all? Some of those books are genuinely good of course, but besides that.

You dont have to adopt the world views of the books you read. Reading different things gives you new aesthetic modes of experience.

And it's not like those books are just telling you to end it all that is a ridiculous reduction lol

Just because a book is Christian and you are Christian doesn't mean it has literary value by default.

Lots of those are gnostic texts, and some weird political stuff in the top right. It's not a catholic chart.

People who say it is life-denying haven't read it
Emerson's essays

>Muh Nietzsche is the only valid judge of bloomer lit

Lucretius doesn't belong there.
He's a doomer masked as bloomer

Add Solitude, a return to the self by Anthony Storr.

>Steppen wolf
>Bloomer core
Lol, if reading about a depressed old man getting tricked into "restarting" life and ending up in regret and pure degeneracy is bloomer for you then idk what the fuck is even bloomer anymore.

Attached: 5R.jpg (480x473, 30K)

>mixing gnostic BS with saintly stuff

boring

Attached: Untitled.png (1420x1044, 2.81M)

Finished the film list

Attached: film.jpg (2743x6742, 2.96M)

This needs Nietzsche's Zarathustra

Don Hertzfeldt doesn't belong at all, in quality or theme

Thanks OP. You do good well.

>tfw reading winnie the pooh automatically as fuck

Dark Night of the Soul is a masterpiece

Is this possible to condition bloomerism? What is the first step in overcoming resentment?

You have to learn to look into yourself and question your own opinions and reactions. "Why do I feel this way? What is underlying my discontent? Is it trauma? Unfulfilled desires? Am I lonely? What do I really enjoy and why?"
Blooming isn't about happiness, it's about fulfillment and learning to see beauty and kindness in the smallest things.

1) read the sermon on the mount

wailmer is such a bro

Everyone should watch Score. Happiest film ever made

the one about film music composition?

Nah the one about a bi couple living on an unnamed tropical island trying to seduce their friends and gloriously succeeding. It's unadulterated joy. Sex without darkness or consequences. An universe of leisure.

t. cumbrain

t. virgin

I wish.

Really throwing me off here bud

I regret not being a virgin.

How cum

Lust destroys the soul and deviates our path from God.

ISOLT is one of the comfiest novels ever written. Simply reading the first part of Swann's Way, "Combray", will display the bloomer spirit in technicolour.

you are GAY

I read it nigger

Why is "Oblomov" Doomer?
It tought it should be on a list for aspiring Bloomers

also this

lol, somebody hasn't read their john milton

explain the context

based and redpilled

little, big is a surprisingly excellent choice to add. i loved that book

This

Never again profane Plato's name by associating him with life-denial

"The Count of Montecristo" would be a nice addition

OP have you even read De Rerum Natura? It’s terribly materialistic and especially the last chapter depicting the plague outbreak is all but ‘life-affirming’

would add a portrait of an artist

Good stuff.Got more film list like this but with different theme?

Read it years ago for a humanities course and found it pretty comforting. All about that swerve bro. But I'm not that attached to it.

Just look through letterboxd. There are tons

Attached: X4V4i9l.jpg (1336x2672, 729K)

>no Les Mis
What the hell, mate.

Helps to get in the mindstate of black pilled fucks.