What does Yea Forums think of Toni Morrison?

What does Yea Forums think of Toni Morrison?

Attached: MeredithK.jpg (469x488, 27K)

Couldnt get through beloved.

Never heard of him

Beloved was okay but I didn't really like it and ultimately thought it was a waste it time.

One of those authors men will never be able to understand.

I quite liked Song of Solomon, not so much Beloved - intrigued to read more of her early novels

single issue party

yeah because she offers nothing that can be understood as sensible, reasonable

You cant really judge something you dont understand especially something like a book.

I thought The Bluest Eye was fantastic.

>They shoot the white girl first.

Wow absolute kino

Beloved baits people into thinking she’s mediocre when in reality she’s one of the best living American authors. Song of Solomon and Sula are both very good. The bluest eye is fantastic and the best thing she ever wrote

Is inspiring to know that she is quite a late bloomer: she published her first novel, The Bluest Eye, at age 40 as a single mom.

>those grapes are probably sour anyway

uncontestedly canonical amongst any serious student of the american canon, even though LITERALLY her only contribution is making the Joyce/Faulkner/Woolf end of Modernism for black people. Pretty underwhelming/waste of an otherwise stellar stylistic acheivement.

Forget those ripe dirty black grapes. Instead enjoy the succulence of those pure white immature ones hanging near the ground.

I unironically think Beloved is pretty good, offers a thorough dressing down of sacrificial violence and its legacy in U.S. history. Not one of the best books I've ever read but enjoyable. I'm planning on reading Song of Solomon sometime fairly soon.

Morrison's political takes are dogshit tho, that essay on Bill Clinton being the first black president sucks so hard.

That's pretty cool actually

Tbqh I thought beloved showed a good understanding of how masculinity and femininity are lost through subservience.

Ugly prose & vitriol from a hack who never forgave her oppressors. All she has is an indentity. Absolutely worthless.

Do you forgive the Jew /pol/ack?

>who never forgave her oppressors.
So, someone who isn't a cuck? Lol.